LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

Originally posted by TX9R:
I wonder at what point anyone on TV or radio starts talking about the Spurs having one of the dominant runs in recent memory going back to the ASG. Do they have to sweep the playoffs? Somehow I think that wouldn't be enough.

They would have to sweep the playoffs and win by 20 points per game. Looks like winning by 17 pg is not cutting it.

I have to admit though, if I weren't a Spurs fan, I would be talking about how they got a wrapped up present in round 2 with the Clips knocking out Memphis and that they still need to prove they can beat a team with talent, experience and knows what to do with that talent.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I wonder at what point anyone on TV or radio starts talking about the Spurs having one of the dominant runs in recent memory going back to the ASG. Do they have to sweep the playoffs? Somehow I think that wouldn't be enough.

Yahoo Sports is as good as it gets if you don't want East Coast Bias: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--as-heat--other-super-teams-show-cracks--spurs-still-rolling.html;_ylt=AlRt.iPgE3HsMiqZxsrqCmE5nYcB
Down 24, we come back and win by 10. Love how calm Pop, Tim, Tony, and Manu were at halftime. We don't panic, just kept playing our game and win.
Feeling great about that win. Our rookie is a stud.
That was impressive. The Spurs could not if played any worse in the 1st quarter but they decided to show a little old school spurs and hold the Clippers to 8 points in the 3rd. That maybe the nail in the coffin for the Clippers Blake Griffin played awesome today and they still couldn't win. The teams left must be getting scared because today the Spurs showed they can suck on the offensive end but still turn it up on D when needed.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
That was impressive. The Spurs could not if played any worse in the 1st quarter but they decided to show a little old school spurs and hold the Clippers to 8 points in the 3rd. That maybe the nail in the coffin for the Clippers Blake Griffin played awesome today and they still couldn't win. The teams left must be getting scared because today the Spurs showed they can suck on the offensive end but still turn it up on D when needed.

11 points in the first quarter and 85 in the next 3. They aren't the low scoring Spurs anymore.
Machine! They just don't stop.
Bob Ryan on sports reporters this morning said the Spurs are the best team to watch since the 87 Lakers. He was nothing but complimentary of how good the Spurs are and how great Tim Duncan's Career has been calling him a top 10 player ever and one of the top 2 forwards of all time the other being Larry Bird. Also gave a lot of love to Pop and how great he is.
How do you guys feel you match up with OKC?
Originally posted by marshniners24:
How do you guys feel you match up with OKC?

The way the Spurs are playing now I feel we can win this series. The depth of the Spurs causes teams a lot of problems because they just keep the pressure on all the way. This wears on teams you see it time and time again that teams hang in there and even builds quite substantial leads and then some where a long the line the Spurs put on that 12 or more - 0 run and blow teams out.

Lots of spurs going in and out in the first quarter. I hope we find a way to pull away in the 2nd half.
Looking pretty solid right now. Hopefully they can keep it going.
Come on spurs looked good in the 2nd Q until the end of when the Clippers closed the gap.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Come on spurs looked good in the 2nd Q until the end of when the Clippers closed the gap.

I bet Pop wasn't happy with the way we ended the half.
All we need to do is win one more quarter!
Share 49ersWebzone