LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

San Antonio Spurs Short Season 2011-2012**

The only thing that sucks about sweeping is that I will need to wait a while before seeing them play again. Hope LAC closes it out Wed. Their flopping won't work against the Spurs, the team that fouls the least in the NBA.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The only thing that sucks about sweeping is that I will need to wait a while before seeing them play again. Hope LAC closes it out Wed. Their flopping won't work against the Spurs, the team that fouls the least in the NBA.

I hope the Clippers and Memphis go all the way to game 7 that way no matter who plays the Spurs will be nice and tired.
With all due respect to you guys, i hate the damn spurs but respect the hell out of coach pop ... Geez that dude can coach "And thats all I have to say about that" Go Lakers ! Hope we see yall in the WCF
Originally posted by Ajanke:

I hope the Clippers and Memphis go all the way to game 7 that way no matter who plays the Spurs will be nice and tired.
At first I was hoping that both teams get to beating each other to a pulp so they had nothing left for when they play the Spurs. However the more I have thought about it do we really need a whole week or more between games. The Spurs have a lot of momentum right now so maybe it would be better to play the Clippers if they clinched right away. I am worried now that the Big 3 could get a little gassed in a big game by not playing enough minutes in the end when was the last time they played a really tough game. The Last time the Big 3 played a truly tough game was the lost to the Lakers on April 11 since then we have been on. Cruise control

I was not very impressed by the way re responded to Utah's run late last night. The spurs looked unorganized and no one including the starters could make a play for a long period of time. They if anything looked rusty in dealing with late game close out situations. For this reason I want the spurs to play right away, Pop has given them enough rest its now time to get our game face on and make sure no one treats us like Utah did in the fourth Quarter last night.
Originally posted by 49erstrandedinclev:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

At first I was hoping that both teams get to beating each other to a pulp so they had nothing left for when they play the Spurs. However the more I have thought about it do we really need a whole week or more between games. The Spurs have a lot of momentum right now so maybe it would be better to play the Clippers if they clinched right away. I am worried now that the Big 3 could get a little gassed in a big game by not playing enough minutes in the end when was the last time they played a really tough game. The Last time the Big 3 played a truly tough game was the lost to the Lakers on April 11 since then we have been on. Cruise control

I was not very impressed by the way re responded to Utah's run late last night. The spurs looked unorganized and no one including the starters could make a play for a long period of time. They if anything looked rusty in dealing with late game close out situations. For this reason I want the spurs to play right away, Pop has given them enough rest its now time to get our game face on and make sure no one treats us like Utah did in the fourth Quarter last night.

I would rather a young team like the Clips rest for 3 or so days rather than carry over any immediate momentum. They are young, not resting will not affect them but resting too long may.
Wow, last year was Duncan's worst year of his career in terms of points per 36 minutes. Worse than his rookie year.

This year, he is only off by 2 points from his best years:

He is also having his best Defensive rebounding his entire career.

This is all per 36 minutes so his total numbers are slightly lower but when he does play, he plays like a Tim Duncan in his prime. Perfect!!!
Wow, last year was Duncan's worst year of his career in terms of points per 36 minutes. Worse than his rookie year.

This is all per 36 minutes so his total numbers are slightly lower but when he does play, he plays like a Tim Duncan in his prime. Perfect!!!

I don't think he played much more than 27 minutes a game in the first series too.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

I don't think he played much more than 27 minutes a game in the first series too.

He played 31, 26, 34, and 27 minutes so far scoring 17.6, 10.9, 14.9, and 8.7 (only took 10 shots). Dude is playing very well and fresh. With Green, Leonard, and Neal carrying the load of last year's missed scoring and defense, we are in very good shape.

This is all with Manu having a flat out terrible first series. Manu needs to tighten his game up...very sloppy but the good thing is that he finally found his shot in Game 4.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

He played 31, 26, 34, and 27 minutes so far scoring 17.6, 10.9, 14.9, and 8.7 (only took 10 shots). Dude is playing very well and fresh. With Green, Leonard, and Neal carrying the load of last year's missed scoring and defense, we are in very good shape.

This is all with Manu having a flat out terrible first series. Manu needs to tighten his game up...very sloppy but the good thing is that he finally found his shot in Game 4.

I thought those type of stats were per 48 mins. Not 36min. But either way its good to hear how good timmys production is.
Relax, old men. Freshen up for Round 2.

Relax, old men. Freshen up for Round 2.

8 days off. Game 1 Tuesday at 6:30 PST.
Originally posted by dobo:
It's been so long, it almost feels like they were eliminated and the playoffs have been continuing without them. Anyway, I predict the Spurs either drop the first game or eke out a victory after being down. Rust will be an issue.

I also think rust will be an issue. The spurs haven't been pushed in over a month a that I worry about.
It's been so long, it almost feels like they were eliminated and the playoffs have been continuing without them. Anyway, I predict the Spurs either drop the first game or eke out a victory after being down. Rust will be an issue.

I also think rust will be an issue. The spurs haven't been pushed in over a month a that I worry about.

I don't think this team will be rusty at all. They are playing like a machine this year.

Are the stars aligning for the Spurs or what? LAC.

I don't think this team will be rusty at all. They are playing like a machine this year.

Are the stars aligning for the Spurs or what? LAC.

Either rust or fresh. Those are the two options. We wont know until Tuesday. Hope the Clips remain banged up.
As much as I hate the Spurs, i'm rooting for them in this series.

Hopefully we see you guys in the WCF's
Share 49ersWebzone