There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,318
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
If Paul is going to walk, Fields and Douglas and Chauncy's expiring wouldn't be bad pieces to get back in return. Looks like draft picks are completely out of the picture. Their next 1st is in 2018.

For Chris Paul? That would be a horrible trade....
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
If Paul is going to walk, Fields and Douglas and Chauncy's expiring wouldn't be bad pieces to get back in return. Looks like draft picks are completely out of the picture. Their next 1st is in 2018.

For Chris Paul? That would be a horrible trade....

Or he walks after the season and they get nothing in return. New York can sign Paul in the offseason with no problem. Paul's expressed desire to play in NY will likely scare off any other suitors, as he's just as likely to walk on any other team and sign with NY after this year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
If Paul is going to walk, Fields and Douglas and Chauncy's expiring wouldn't be bad pieces to get back in return. Looks like draft picks are completely out of the picture. Their next 1st is in 2018.

For Chris Paul? That would be a horrible trade....

Its better than getting nothing for him when he leaves at the end of the year as a FA. Maybe they can get a 3rd team involved?
Hornets should just trade Paul to the Knicks, get a 3rd team involved and at least get something in return for him
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,022
Paul will end up in NY. Howard will end up in LA. And I will officially be done with the NBA. Not a fan of superteams only in larger markets. I was hoping the CBA would do something to create more parity (like a hard cap) but it doesn't appear to have.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hornets should just trade Paul to the Knicks, get a 3rd team involved and at least get something in return for him

I agree. He has openly stated he wants to play there. Get something for him while you can.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Paul will end up in NY. Howard will end up in LA. And I will officially be done with the NBA. Not a fan of superteams only in larger markets. I was hoping the CBA would do something to create more parity (like a hard cap) but it doesn't appear to have.

This is how I feel too. My interest in the NBA has gone down over the years and these superstar teams arent helping. Unless Rubio can start winning me some championships here soon i might not even watch anymore. College BBall FTW
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,318
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I agree. He has openly stated he wants to play there. Get something for him while you can.

But he also sounds willing to play in L.A., the Clippers have a lot of good young players they can trade.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I agree. He has openly stated he wants to play there. Get something for him while you can.

But he also sounds willing to play in L.A., the Clippers have a lot of good young players they can trade.

yeah, they should investigate also, package Gordon or something. I heard he would consider Clips, Atlanta, and OK City.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
To hell with Chris Paul.

It seriously bothers me when players hold teams hostage and demand to choose their destination.

Seriously, it makes me long for the days of the reserve clause, before Curt Flood and free agency.

Okay, I won't go that far. But honestly, players just choosing their destinations and choosing high profile, glamour cities, destroys the entire notion of competiion in the NBA.

Competitive balance is such an illusion. Just contract teams like New Orleans who will NEVER EVER have a chance of competing. NEVER EVER.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
Originally posted by crzy:
To hell with Chris Paul.

It seriously bothers me when players hold teams hostage and demand to choose their destination.

Seriously, it makes me long for the days of the reserve clause, before Curt Flood and free agency.

Okay, I won't go that far. But honestly, players just choosing their destinations and choosing high profile, glamour cities, destroys the entire notion of competiion in the NBA.

Competitive balance is such an illusion. Just contract teams like New Orleans who will NEVER EVER have a chance of competing. NEVER EVER.

Agree with you to the fully crzy. This is exactly what I hate about the NBA. That's one of the things I thought would be fixed with the new CBA but I guess not.

What's so hard about giving a player tons more to stay in his current team. Yes, I know the NBA allows the current team to pay more but it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

For example, hypothetically speaking: Chris Paul re-signs with NO, he gets 20M a year. He signs with another team or via sign and trade, then he should only get let's say 10M a year or even less. Why should CP or anyone for that matter get to play where he wants AND get his full allotted money?

The Heat started this and imo, it will continue on for years.
Originally posted by crzy:
To hell with Chris Paul.

It seriously bothers me when players hold teams hostage and demand to choose their destination.

Seriously, it makes me long for the days of the reserve clause, before Curt Flood and free agency.

Okay, I won't go that far. But honestly, players just choosing their destinations and choosing high profile, glamour cities, destroys the entire notion of competiion in the NBA.

Competitive balance is such an illusion. Just contract teams like New Orleans who will NEVER EVER have a chance of competing. NEVER EVER.

But he could go where ever he wants when he is a free agent
Competitive balance is such an illusion. Just contract teams like New Orleans who will NEVER EVER have a chance of competing. NEVER EVER.

Wasn't New Orleans one game away from the WCF 3 years ago? That's competing. In the NBA, if you have a superduper star (Paul) and another all-star (West), you're better than most teams. If by competing you mean having to win it all, then ya, there hasn't been good competition in 30+ years.
Originally posted by andes14:
<blockquote class="quote">Competitive balance is such an illusion. Just contract teams like New Orleans who will NEVER EVER have a chance of competing. NEVER EVER.

Wasn't New Orleans one game away from the WCF 3 years ago? That's competing. In the NBA, if you have a superduper star (Paul) and another all-star (West), you're better than most teams. If by competing you mean having to win it all, then ya, there hasn't been good competition in 30+ years.
Yeah the 90's and 80's were basically 3 teams as well
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home