LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by andes14:
LOL. Again, name me players that have never made an all-star game that CLEARLY have had a better career than Kurt Thomas. Jeez, you act like I said Shaq is the best free throw shooter of all time or something. I don't get how saying he may be the best player to have never made the all-star game is such a ridiculous statement, and I likely never will as I have yet to get a rebuttal. If me saying that is so absurd, name just 5 guys that have UNQUESTIONABLY had better careers and not made it.

This still slays me.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This still slays me.

AAAAAH!!!!! Then prove me wrong!!! Name guys that have CLEARLY had a better career but haven't made the all-star game. But no, you never ever ever ever ever have, and I highly doubt you ever ever ever ever will.

When you say something that I find absurd (i.e. saying during the tail end of last year that Chris Bosh was clearly the best 3rd wheel in the NBA) I actually LIST the examples proving you wrong - Boston (whichever of the big 4 you consider their 3rd best player), Chicago (Deng), Dallas (several options), San Antonio (Parker), Memphis (Gasol or Randolph), Atlanta (Josh Smith?), LAL (Bynum?), hell, arguably even Portland (Roy), NY (Billups), Houston (Scola).
[ Edited by andes14 on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:57 PM ]
carl laundry is hella good doe

My phone auto corrected Landry to laundry and I thought it was funny so I kept it^
Originally posted by pantstickle:
LOL. Apparently after last year's playoffs, Boston offered Rondo and Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook and Perkins. Have any 2 players been traded for each other TWICE in like a 3 month span before?!??! Too Funny. I know Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson were both traded FOR each other and WITH each other. But this would have been so bizarre. The offer should have been just Rondo for Westbrook. That would have benefitted OKC, getting Durant an actual point guard.

I'll never figure out why the Celtics hates Rondo so much.
most likely because he has no jumper what so ever, teams just leave him open daring him to shoot. now these days teams like when their pg's to put up pts, rondo's nights look like this most of the time 8pts 20ast 8rb
Originally posted by marshniners24:
carl laundry is hella good doe

My phone auto corrected Landry to laundry and I thought it was funny so I kept it^

I agree. Landry is pretty decent. And he would have provided 20 or so minutes of way better basketball than Jason Smith did coming off the bench if they had West in the starting lineup. How anyone can question that West starting and Landry as a back-up>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Landry starting and Jason Smith as a back-up is beyond me.
AAAAAH!!!!! Then prove me wrong!!! Name guys that have CLEARLY had a better career but haven't made the all-star game. But no, you never ever ever ever ever have, and I highly doubt you ever ever ever ever will.

I don't think I can "prove" you wrong, because anyone who thinks that Kurt Thomas is the best player to never make an all star team isn't living on the same planet that I'm living on. But if you need me to name 5 of the 100+ guys that deserved to make an all-star game before Kurt Thomas (Kurt Thomas!)....

1) Rod Strickland
2) Ron Harper
3) Mike Bibby
4) Lamar Odom
5) Marcus Camby

Kurt Thomas is so random that I wasn't even sure that you were serious at first.
Mike bibby never made an all star team???? WTF

He's no Kurt Thomas, but he was pretty good in his day.

Lulz Bibby was my favorite player when I was growing up
I don't think I can "prove" you wrong, because anyone who thinks that Kurt Thomas is the best player to never make an all star team isn't living on the same planet that I'm living on. But if you need me to name 5 of the 100+ guys that deserved to make an all-star game before Kurt Thomas (Kurt Thomas!)....

1) Rod Strickland
2) Ron Harper
3) Mike Bibby
4) Lamar Odom
5) Marcus Camby

Kurt Thomas is so random that I wasn't even sure that you were serious at first.

1st of all, I meant active players. Sorry if that wasn't clear. 2nd of all, Camby is a very legit choice and I think I even mentioned him when I initially made that statement. MAYBE even Odom (although it's not unlikely he winds up making one, so he's borderline not even eligible for this discussion). Not Bibby though. I'll definitely take Thomas' career over Bibby's. So let's even say 2 active guys have had better careers. Two is not a high enough number to warrant being "slayed." And by the way, Odom has never been even close to as elite in a category as Thomas has been at interior D throughout his career. If you took Thomas' prime and made that right now, he'd be one of the better centers in the NBA after Dwight. Ya that's a weird hypothetical, but just sayin'...

Bibby prime> thomas's "prime"
Oy ve. We're done here.

I still hate that f**ker from the 02 playoffs. I don't care if we beat the Kings or not he haunted my dreams that whole series
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I still hate that f**ker from the 02 playoffs. I don't care if we beat the Kings or not he haunted my dreams that whole series

So you agree he's better than kurt Thomas? Haha
Oy ve. We're done here.

Look, if you wanna disagree with me, fine. But like I said, you reacted as if I said Shaq was the best free throw shooter of all time or something. It's not like Thomas is nowhere even near the CONVERSATION of best active players to have never made an ASG (and are extremely unlikely to ever do so in the future). Your statement that Bosh was the best 3rd wheel in the NBA last year was FAR more absurd.
Share 49ersWebzone