There are 274 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Mike bibby never made an all star team???? WTF

He's no Kurt Thomas, but he was pretty good in his day.

Lulz Bibby was my favorite player when I was growing up

I still hate that f**ker from the 02 playoffs. I don't care if we beat the Kings or not he haunted my dreams that whole series

So you agree he's better than kurt Thomas? Haha

Yes LOL
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I've never heard of anyone use the words All-Star and Kurt Thomas in the same sentence.
Al_Iannazzone Al Iannazzone
The Record just learned Deron Williams WILL NOT Sign an extension with the Nets and will play the year out. Link coming shortly.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
The Record just learned Deron Williams WILL NOT Sign an extension with the Nets and will play the year out. Link coming shortly.

Kinda figured that. No one wants to play in NJ even though they're moving to Brooklyn.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

How much you want to bet he goes home to Dallas?

The Nets need to make some moves quickly if they want to keep him happy.

If he leaves, that trade will go down as one of the worst ever for the Nets.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Mike bibby never made an all star team???? WTF

He's no Kurt Thomas, but he was pretty good in his day.

Lulz Bibby was my favorite player when I was growing up

I still hate that f**ker from the 02 playoffs. I don't care if we beat the Kings or not he haunted my dreams that whole series

So you agree he's better than kurt Thomas? Haha

Yes LOL

Bibby was my favorite player for a long time too. My aunt used to work for the Kings and he told him Bibby was my sons/my favorite player. He told her to have my son email him and he would respond. (My son was like 8 at the time). Well Bibby is pretty religious and refused to respond to my sons first email account he created - fartboyssmell@yahoo

I still like the guy, but the email wasnt that bad. My son thought it was funny back then.
Originally posted by TX9R:

How much you want to bet he goes home to Dallas?

i heard he wants the mavs to have chandler back and not just be him and dirk, without chandler the mavs have no defensive presence down low that can give the lakers and okc problems. the mavs are worried that with chandler they wont have the space for deron

Ha. I was living down in LA during those times. Some of my closest friends are die hard Laker fans and to this day they say the exact same thing...along with a lot of other very unflattering things about the Kings, and the city of Sacramento in general. B*stards.
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources with @SpearsNBAYahoo: Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets star won't sign deal, wants to play in New York. tinyurl.com/6pzgm2n

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Y! Sources with @SpearsNBAYahoo: Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets star won't sign deal, wants to play in New York. tinyurl.com/6pzgm2n

Still not sure where New York gets the money for Chris Paul....

It might be in the best interests of the Hornets to think about a possible sign and trade with New York. Not sure what NY would have to offer in return, though, if it would even work financially. Maybe Chauncy, Fields, Douglas, draft picks (Do they even have any?)
Originally posted by Jcool:

Still not sure where New York gets the money for Chris Paul....

Billups expiring after this season
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
It might be in the best interests of the Hornets to think about a possible sign and trade with New York. Not sure what NY would have to offer in return, though, if it would even work financially. Maybe Chauncy, Fields, Douglas, draft picks (Do they even have any?)

New York has nothing to trade. They gave it all up to get Melo.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

New York has nothing to trade. They gave it all up to get Melo.

If Paul is going to walk regardless, Fields and Douglas and Chauncy's expiring wouldn't be bad pieces to get back in return. Looks like draft picks are completely out of the picture. Their next 1st is in 2018. Maybe get a third team involved?
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Dec 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone