There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

  • Amir
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,062
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Couldn't Howard be moved this season in similiar fashion as Carmelo Anthony did last year? Get traded during the season AND sign an extension ?

Actually the Melo situation is a perfect comparison. Remember how there were all the rumors about him being traded to New Jersey? Well, that's ultimately not where he wanted to go, so he put it out there that he wouldn't sign an extension with them. But once he got traded to the destination of his choice, he signed the extension.

So there's definitely a possibility of Howard getting traded and then signing an extension, but only if he gets traded to the team he wants to end up with.

I'm never watching the NBA again if D-12 goes to LA.
Odds to win 2012 NBA Championship

Miami Heat 9/4

Los Angeles Lakers 5/1

Chicago Bulls 7/1

Oklahoma City Thunder 15/2

Dallas Mavericks 17/2

Boston Celtics 12/1

New York Knicks 20/1

Orlando Magic 22/1

Memphis Grizzlies 25/1

San Antonio Spurs 25/1

Portland Trailblazers 30/1

Atlanta Hawks 50/1

Los Angeles Clippers 50/1

Denver Nuggets 75/1

Houston Rockets 75/1

New Jersey Nets 75/1

Phoenix Suns 75/1

Utah Jazz 75/1

Indiana Pacers 100/1

Milwaukee Bucks 100/1

New Orleans Hornets 100/1

Philadelphia 76ers 100/1

Detroit Pistons 125/1

Golden State Warriors 125/1

Charlotte Bobcats 150/1

Cleveland Cavaliers 150/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1

Sacramento Kings 150/1

Washington Wizards 150/1

Toronto Raptors 200/1

Odds to win 2012 NBA Western Conference Championship

Los Angeles Lakers 2/1

Oklahoma City Thunder 13/4

Dallas Mavericks 4/1

Portland Trailblazers 10/1

San Antonio Spurs 10/1

Memphis Grizzlies 15/1

Los Angeles Clippers 20/1

Denver Nuggets 25/1

Houston Rockets 25/1

New Orleans Hornets 30/1

Phoenix Suns 30/1

Utah Jazz 35/1

Golden State Warriors 40/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 60/1

Sacramento Kings 60/1
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Odds to win 2012 NBA Championship



Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1



Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Odds to win 2012 NBA Championship


Sacramento Kings 150/1



Odds to win 2012 NBA Western Conference Championship


Sacramento Kings 60/1

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Couldn't Howard be moved this season in similiar fashion as Carmelo Anthony did last year? Get traded during the season AND sign an extension ?

Actually the Melo situation is a perfect comparison. Remember how there were all the rumors about him being traded to New Jersey? Well, that's ultimately not where he wanted to go, so he put it out there that he wouldn't sign an extension with them. But once he got traded to the destination of his choice, he signed the extension.

So there's definitely a possibility of Howard getting traded and then signing an extension, but only if he gets traded to the team he wants to end up with.

So...... that means it could bring Howard's to the Knicks!!! Lol
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
Odds to win 2012 NBA Championship

Miami Heat 9/4

Los Angeles Lakers 5/1

Chicago Bulls 7/1

Oklahoma City Thunder 15/2

Dallas Mavericks 17/2

Boston Celtics 12/1

New York Knicks 20/1

Orlando Magic 22/1

Memphis Grizzlies 25/1

San Antonio Spurs 25/1

Portland Trailblazers 30/1

Atlanta Hawks 50/1

Los Angeles Clippers 50/1

Denver Nuggets 75/1

Houston Rockets 75/1

New Jersey Nets 75/1

Phoenix Suns 75/1

Utah Jazz 75/1

Indiana Pacers 100/1

Milwaukee Bucks 100/1

New Orleans Hornets 100/1

Philadelphia 76ers 100/1

Detroit Pistons 125/1

Golden State Warriors 125/1

Charlotte Bobcats 150/1

Cleveland Cavaliers 150/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 150/1

Sacramento Kings 150/1

Washington Wizards 150/1

Toronto Raptors 200/1

Odds to win 2012 NBA Western Conference Championship

Los Angeles Lakers 2/1

Oklahoma City Thunder 13/4

Dallas Mavericks 4/1

Portland Trailblazers 10/1

San Antonio Spurs 10/1

Memphis Grizzlies 15/1

Los Angeles Clippers 20/1

Denver Nuggets 25/1

Houston Rockets 25/1

New Orleans Hornets 30/1

Phoenix Suns 30/1

Utah Jazz 35/1

Golden State Warriors 40/1

Minnesota Timberwolves 60/1

Sacramento Kings 60/1

I don't understand how LAL has twice she odds of Dallas despite getting swept by them...also, has any team ever won it all when getting swept the year before. LAL probably would have lost in the first round too if N.O. had David West.
LOL. Apparently after last year's playoffs, Boston offered Rondo and Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook and Perkins. Have any 2 players been traded for each other TWICE in like a 3 month span before?!??! Too Funny. I know Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson were both traded FOR each other and WITH each other. But this would have been so bizarre. The offer should have been just Rondo for Westbrook. That would have benefitted OKC, getting Durant an actual point guard.
Unrestricted free agent Caron Butler has received early interest from six teams, but the Dallas Mavericks are not yet one of them, a source said Wednesday.

The NBA relaxed the lockout rules and permitted teams to contact players' agents beginning at 8 a.m. CT. Those that quickly expressed interest in the 6-foot-7 Butler are the San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, New Jersey Nets and Chicago Bulls.
So they have included a amnesty rule for this year. Here's an article I found on possible candidates.

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/narducci/2011/11/28/potential-amnesty-options-for-nba-teams/

For my rockets, I would be all for getting rid of Haseem Thabeet, and his $5.1M salary for 2011-2012.

also espn insider has an article for outlook for every nba team based on the new CBA.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7291975/how-new-cba-affects-every-nba-team

I dont agree with them thinking for getting rid of Scola. I know Marcus Morris and Patrick Patterson are here, but Idk I like Scola a lot. If anything trade him then, in a package for a center.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Paul said he wont sign with the Celtics. Trade denied.

The Nets are putting together a trade for Howard. And they are willing to take Hedu contract as well


Somewhere in Missouri jrg is crying

Plus he'll be sad when he hears about Howard.
Originally posted by andes14:
I don't understand how LAL has twice she odds of Dallas despite getting swept by them...also, has any team ever won it all when getting swept the year before. LAL probably would have lost in the first round too if N.O. had David West.

I believe the year we started our 3peat in 2000 followed a 4-0 sweep by the Spurs the season before. The series not only ended in LA, but it was the last game played in the Forum I believe. Someone should verify since I'm just going off memory and I was a mere lad at the time.
Originally posted by GameOver:
I believe the year we started our 3peat in 2000 followed a 4-0 sweep by the Spurs the season before. The series not only ended in LA, but it was the last game played in the Forum I believe. Someone should verify since I'm just going off memory and I was a mere lad at the time.

Ya, you're right, they were swept by S.A. in '99.
Originally posted by andes14:
LOL. Apparently after last year's playoffs, Boston offered Rondo and Jeff Green to OKC for Westbrook and Perkins. Have any 2 players been traded for each other TWICE in like a 3 month span before?!??! Too Funny. I know Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson were both traded FOR each other and WITH each other. But this would have been so bizarre. The offer should have been just Rondo for Westbrook. That would have benefitted OKC, getting Durant an actual point guard.

I'll never figure out why the Celtics hates Rondo so much.
Originally posted by andes14:
I don't understand how LAL has twice she odds of Dallas despite getting swept by them...also, has any team ever won it all when getting swept the year before. LAL probably would have lost in the first round too if N.O. had David West.

Yes, David West is such an impactful player and would have swung that series. He's almost Kurt Thomas-esque.

And to answer your question, the '04 Pistons, '00 Lakers, '84 Celtics all got swept the year before, just off of the top of my head.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Yes, David West is such an impactful player and would have swung that series. He's almost Kurt Thomas-esque.

And to answer your question, the '04 Pistons, '00 Lakers, '84 Celtics all got swept the year before, just off of the top of my head.

LOL. Again, name me players that have never made an all-star game that CLEARLY have had a better career than Kurt Thomas. Jeez, you act like I said Shaq is the best free throw shooter of all time or something. I don't get how saying he may be the best player to have never made the all-star game is such a ridiculous statement, and I likely never will as I have yet to get a rebuttal. If me saying that is so absurd, name just 5 guys that have UNQUESTIONABLY had better careers and not made it. And don't be cute and say like John Wall or something. It has to be guys that haven't made it AND are unlikely to ever make it in the future. And the Hornets won 2 games even without West. And West is CLEARLY their 2nd best player, and the only guy on the entire team other than CP3 whose offensive game is even remotely capable of being a concern to the opposing team. He's a multiple time all-star and arguably a top 5-7 PF in the NBA. 4 of their starters that series were Marco Belinelli, Trevor Ariza, Carl Landry, and Emeka Okafor. Their mighty bench consisted of Willie Green, Jarrett Jack, and Jason freakin' Smith. But West wouldn't have made a big difference? You're talking about a starting lineup upgrade of Landry to West and a bench upgrade of Smith to Landry. That's a HUGE difference.

And yes, I was certainly mistaken on that swept-to-champions thing, but I still don't understand how the odds of LAL winning the West are twice as good as Dallas'. Is Dallas even gonna be losing any players key to their championship run?
[ Edited by andes14 on Nov 30, 2011 at 11:30 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home