LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Question:

If Mike Miller is retiring - can he be traded prior to his retirement to a team looking for cap relief and trying to get rid of a contract? Can Miami do this?

Yeah I think so but I doubt he'll retire. Isn't he only like 31 or 32?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Question:

If Mike Miller is retiring - can he be traded prior to his retirement to a team looking for cap relief and trying to get rid of a contract? Can Miami do this?

Yeah I think so but I doubt he'll retire. Isn't he only like 31 or 32?

From whatever I've read - it seems like he is done - at least for now. Some are worried that he may have to use a cane to walk before he turns 40. I don't know how credible all this is - I just read it on the interwebs.

There were some reports that he told his team-mates that he is done during the Finals. He denied it, but then also said - he is not sure if he is going to retire or not.
Question:

Yes.
Amare fined 50K for tweeting gay slur

b***h move on dude's part for taking a screenshot of the private message and making it public.
Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

b***h move on dude's part for taking a screenshot of the private message and making it public.

I just sent this to your employer. Expect a fine/suspension for posting a sexist term.

This.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

I just sent this to your employer. Expect a fine/suspension for posting a sexist term.

This.

Stop being f*gs
Originally posted by marshniners24:

This.

Stop being f*gs

YOU'RE A WHAT
Rockets move up to 12.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104029/source-houston-rockets-make-trade-milwaukee-bucks-move-12

Continuing to improve their draft assets, the Houston Rockets have traded the No. 14 pick and Samuel Dalembert to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th selection, Shaun Livingston, Jon Leuer and Jon Brockman, a league source told ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford on Wednesday.
#5 for Jon brockman
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Rockets move up to 12.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104029/source-houston-rockets-make-trade-milwaukee-bucks-move-12

Continuing to improve their draft assets, the Houston Rockets have traded the No. 14 pick and Samuel Dalembert to the Milwaukee Bucks for the 12th selection, Shaun Livingston, Jon Leuer and Jon Brockman, a league source told ESPN NBA Insider Chad Ford on Wednesday.

Brockman and Livingston for D12

Originally posted by ImaMod:

Shredded some salary, which is nice. Brockman makes $1M in 2012-2013, Livingston $3.5M in 2012-2013 and Leuer makes $752,195. Livingston and Leuer are non-guaranteed contracts.

Payroll for rockets is at $40,036,992 for 12 players signed. Of course like said earlier they have cap holds for Dragic, Camby and Boykins, and Courtney Lee's RFA tender.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

Shredded some salary, which is nice. Brockman makes $1M in 2012-2013, Livingston $3.5M in 2012-2013 and Leuer makes $752,195. Livingston and Leuer are non-guaranteed contracts.

Payroll for rockets is at $40,036,992 for 12 players signed. Of course like said earlier they have cap holds for Dragic, Camby and Boykins, and Courtney Lee's RFA tender.

Im guessing you're a Rockets fan?

indeed. Wonder if there is a chance we get Dwight Howard, even though he said or david aldridge said he won't sray in Houston. It seems Dwight and Deron Williams want to play together, either Dallas or Brooklyn.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

indeed. Wonder if there is a chance we get Dwight Howard, even though he said or david aldridge said he won't sray in Houston. It seems Dwight and Deron Williams want to play together, either Dallas or Brooklyn.

Even if he doesnt stay, I still wouldnt consider it a bad move. Either he stays and you guys become elite or he walks and you guys suck for the next couple of years and go into rebuilding mode. I'd take that scenario over being meh like you guys have been for the last 10 years
[ Edited by ImaMod on Jun 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM ]

Even if he doesnt stay, I still wouldnt consider it a bad move. Either he stays and you guys become elite or he walks and you guys suck for the next couple of years and go into rebuilding mode. I'd take that scenario over being meh like you guys have been for the last 10 years

Get Dwight, lose him in 2013 offseason, and end up with 2014 1st overall pick, seems like the norm in the NBA. Lose a star gets #1 pick.
Share 49ersWebzone