LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

Originally posted by coeliyian:
DIdn't greg oden say he wanted to unretire and play for miami?

I don't think Oden ever retired.
what
[ Edited by 9ersSince85 on Jun 24, 2012 at 11:12 AM ]
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:

Isn't he already out for most of next season? I think I read that somewhere
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by andes14:

Isn't he already out for most of next season? I think I read that somewhere

Next 3 I think.
Not NBA related, but perhaps a little interesting. I've been shot charting over this summer by shot distance for the guys on my team, as I'm going to be really emphasizing that we don't want to be shooting from mid-range and want to have some empirical evidence to reinforce the point for each guy. Here are the results so far, through about 4 days of scrimmages...

<5 feet...............................98-164 (1.20 Points Per Shot)

<5 feet to three point line.....25-125 (0.40 Points Per Shot)

3 Point Range......................32-99 (0.97 Points Per Shot)

I'm trying to team them the hierarchy of shot attempts, which is Free Throws>Shots Around the Rim>Spot Up 3's>Pull Up 3's>Anything Mid Range.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Not NBA related, but perhaps a little interesting. I've been shot charting over this summer by shot distance for the guys on my team, as I'm going to be really emphasizing that we don't want to be shooting from mid-range and want to have some empirical evidence to reinforce the point for each guy. Here are the results so far, through about 4 days of scrimmages...

<5 feet...............................98-164 (1.20 Points Per Shot)

<5 feet to three point line.....25-125 (0.40 Points Per Shot)

3 Point Range......................32-99 (0.97 Points Per Shot)

I'm trying to team them the hierarchy of shot attempts, which is Free Throws>Shots Around the Rim>Spot Up 3's>Pull Up 3's>Anything Mid Range.

rip hamilton would not like you as coach.
Originally posted by Amir:
rip hamilton would not like you as coach.

Haha. Well, the NBA's a little different, in that the defenses are so good that mid-range is often the only thing that's open, and the offensive players are so good that they can hit that on a regular basis. If he was one of my players, he'd have the green light to shoot mid-range because he's good at it.

That said, even the NBA numbers are interesting...

At rim = 62.6%
3-9 feet = 37.6%
10-15 feet = 38.3%
15-23 feet = 38.1%

Three Pointers = 52.3% (eFG, due to the extra point)

http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jun 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM ]
OKC in Finals next year for sure

Apparently Tony Parkers eye injury is worse than previously thought

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/tony-parker-now-says-almost-lost-eye-drake-205635106--oly.html
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Haha. Well, the NBA's a little different, in that the defenses are so good that mid-range is often the only thing that's open, and the offensive players are so good that they can hit that on a regular basis. If he was one of my players, he'd have the green light to shoot mid-range because he's good at it.

That said, even the NBA numbers are interesting...

At rim = 62.6%
3-9 feet = 37.6%
10-15 feet = 38.3%
15-23 feet = 38.1%

Three Pointers = 52.3% (eFG, due to the extra point)

http://hoopdata.com/teamshotlocs.aspx

makes sense. more congestion and less ground to cover to D up inside the 3 point line.
makes sense. more congestion and less ground to cover to D up inside the 3 point line.

Yep. You're also a lot less likely to have your feet set. They've done analysis of spot up 3 pointers vs. off the dribble 3's, and the difference is striking there as well.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I really need to get back to liking the NBA like I used too.

Yep. You're also a lot less likely to have your feet set. They've done analysis of spot up 3 pointers vs. off the dribble 3's, and the difference is striking there as well.

You two need to f**k already. The sexual tension is there.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

You two need to f**k already. The sexual tension is there.

This isn't the parking lot dude. Borderline spam
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
OKC in Finals next year for sure

Apparently Tony Parkers eye injury is worse than previously thought

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/tony-parker-now-says-almost-lost-eye-drake-205635106--oly.html

It will be interesting to see what Lakers will do in FA...I expect them to challenge OKC next season. They need to get younger and faster to stop OKC.
I really need to get back to liking the NBA like I used too.

The lebron hate last season (vs bulls and mavs in playoffs) was intriguing and got me back into it.
Share 49ersWebzone