Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 652 users in the forums

2011-12 General NBA Discussion Thread

I can't see the Heat making a comeback tonight...they're gonna be lucky to win this series w/out Bosh and Wade acting/playing like a p***y.
I know its still early, but damn if the Pacers finish the Heat...Marsh, you and me need to fly to Indianapolis to watch our boys play in the ECF
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I can't see the Heat making a comeback tonight...they're gonna be lucky to win this series w/out Bosh and Wade acting/playing like a p***y.

Ya, you just sense some bad mojo from them tonight. I thought that even before the Wade/Spoelstra thing. Just bad body language.
Originally posted by GameOver:
I know its still early, but damn if the Pacers finish the Heat...Marsh, you and me need to fly to Indianapolis to watch our boys play in the ECF

Pacers / Spurs Finals. Stern jumps off of the nearest building.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I can't see the Heat making a comeback tonight...they're gonna be lucky to win this series w/out Bosh and Wade acting/playing like a p***y.

Ya, you just sense some bad mojo from them tonight. I thought that even before the Wade/Spoelstra thing. Just bad body language.

Now that Spoelstra's been castrated in public, I wonder if Riley wants to step up next year.

Spoelstra deserves this for not developing his bench through the season.
"Chalmers went to sleep!"

I love it
Chris Bosh might be happy about this... some redemption for all of the BS he has taken.

The "others" form MIA (except Chalmers) have been horrendous. They suck. They have some guys that are supposed to be able to knock down 3's, but they haven't hit anything. Wade has been horrible from the field all series. In games one and two he was at least getting to the line. LBJ is going threw the puss phase where he is not involved in the offense.

What a disinterested, heartless showing by MIA today. The only person happy in Miami with this is Chris Bosh.
LOL @ the Heat. Wow.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I can't see the Heat making a comeback tonight...they're gonna be lucky to win this series w/out Bosh and Wade acting/playing like a p***y.

Ya, you just sense some bad mojo from them tonight. I thought that even before the Wade/Spoelstra thing. Just bad body language.

Now that Spoelstra's been castrated in public, I wonder if Riley wants to step up next year.

Spoelstra deserves this for not developing his bench through the season.

I don't think Spoelstra's been castrated, personally. That's not the first time that's happened and won't be the last, and I don't think it's even necessarily a bad thing. Competitive people are gonna have conflict from time to time.

I think Miami needed this in order to become a championship team. We'll see how they respond. I don't think you'll agree with me on this, but I see a huge flaw in the personality of this team, and it comes from LeBron/Wade/Bosh. They tried to take the easy route to a title by joining forces. They're great at kicking the crap out of a team and beating them in 4 or 5 games. But when they find themselves in a dog fight, they haven't handled it well so far. When things don't come easily...and there's almost ALWAYS a point in the playoffs where it doesn't come easily for every team...they don't seem to know how to deal with it, and LeBron's the #1 culprit in shrinking from the moment in terms of court presence.

It's just one game and 2-1 is no big deal, but I think it's worth nothing. They have to learn how to function when things aren't coming easily. I think this is the year that they learn how to fight through it.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I don't think Spoelstra's been castrated, personally. That's not the first time that's happened and won't be the last, and I don't think it's even necessarily a bad thing. Competitive people are gonna have conflict from time to time.

I think Miami needed this in order to become a championship team. We'll see how they respond. I don't think you'll agree with me on this, but I see a huge flaw in the personality of this team, and it comes from LeBron/Wade/Bosh. They tried to take the easy route to a title by joining forces. They're great at kicking the crap out of a team and beating them in 4 or 5 games. But when they find themselves in a dog fight, they haven't handled it well so far. When things don't come easily...and there's almost ALWAYS a point in the playoffs where it doesn't come easily for every team...they don't seem to know how to deal with it, and LeBron's the #1 culprit in shrinking from the moment in terms of court presence.

It's just one game and 2-1 is no big deal, but I think it's worth nothing. They have to learn how to function when things aren't coming easily. I think this is the year that they learn how to fight through it.

Even w/o Bosh? This team needs Bosh IMO... hell, because of the talent level of the rest of the team, it's obvious the big two plus Bosh have to be there.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I know its still early, but damn if the Pacers finish the Heat...Marsh, you and me need to fly to Indianapolis to watch our boys play in the ECF

Pacers / Spurs Finals. Stern jumps off of the nearest building.

Headlined by the Hill/Leonard trade!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by GameOver:
I know its still early, but damn if the Pacers finish the Heat...Marsh, you and me need to fly to Indianapolis to watch our boys play in the ECF

Pacers / Spurs Finals. Stern jumps off of the nearest building.

Shortly after Stern's suicide, the Pacers sweep the Spurs and the Lakers, Knicks, Heat, and Bulls all agree to form their own 4 team league with it's first season beginning in November.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Even w/o Bosh? This team needs Bosh IMO... hell, because of the talent level of the rest of the team, it's obvious the big two plus Bosh have to be there.

No doubt Bosh is important, because he adds another element to their offense. They're averaging 75ppg in the 2 games without him. But I also think that the style of play that both LeBron & Wade use leads to lackluster offense in the playoffs. It's a uni-directional attack that comes from up top. No post game from either, and neither's a knock down shooter from mid range or 3. They attack the same way just about every time. Really hard to defend a transcendent talent for 1 game in the regular season, but over the course of a 7 game series you can take what they do away.

They weren't that good on the offensive end in the playoffs last year either, but they were playing much better defense than they are now. They're also getting killed on the boards.

But the X's & O's stuff wasn't really what I was referring to. I think the personality of a team's very important, and I haven't seen Miami SCRAP yet. Wade's going to rightfully get killed for his performance tonight. But I'd rather have a guy who spectacularly fails like Wade than a guy who quietly fails like LeBron. Whenever LeBron decides to impose his will on a game, great things happen for his team, and it has nothing to do with how well he's shooting. He just chooses not to far too often, and at some huge moments.

Even with Bosh hurt, Miami would beat the Pacers if they were truly scrapping throughout, IMO.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I can't see the Heat making a comeback tonight...they're gonna be lucky to win this series w/out Bosh and Wade acting/playing like a p***y.

Ya, you just sense some bad mojo from them tonight. I thought that even before the Wade/Spoelstra thing. Just bad body language.

Now that Spoelstra's been castrated in public, I wonder if Riley wants to step up next year.

Spoelstra deserves this for not developing his bench through the season.

I don't think Spoelstra's been castrated, personally. That's not the first time that's happened and won't be the last, and I don't think it's even necessarily a bad thing. Competitive people are gonna have conflict from time to time.

I think Miami needed this in order to become a championship team. We'll see how they respond. I don't think you'll agree with me on this, but I see a huge flaw in the personality of this team, and it comes from LeBron/Wade/Bosh. They tried to take the easy route to a title by joining forces. They're great at kicking the crap out of a team and beating them in 4 or 5 games. But when they find themselves in a dog fight, they haven't handled it well so far. When things don't come easily...and there's almost ALWAYS a point in the playoffs where it doesn't come easily for every team...they don't seem to know how to deal with it, and LeBron's the #1 culprit in shrinking from the moment in terms of court presence.

It's just one game and 2-1 is no big deal, but I think it's worth nothing. They have to learn how to function when things aren't coming easily. I think this is the year that they learn how to fight through it.

I just don't see Spoelstra as a coach that the Heat players respect. Then again, I felt the same way about Doc before the Cs won.

Although it may be the case that them joining forces was seen as a way towards getting an easy title, they aren't nearly as good of a team as people originally thought they would be. It's a bunch of asshats surrounding 3 good players and I felt that was going to be the case from the start.

Anyway, I agree with most of what you said except the part about Lebron shrinking. I think that's such a misguided media driven viewpoint. The last few minutes of a game are just as important, IMO, as the other 40+. Moreover, people point to a few select performances to make their point while blindly ignoring all the other dominant playoff performances. It's convenient for people who already dislike Lebron. You know what's hilarious? I read an article after Game 1 of Heat/Pacers that criticized Lebron for not doing enough in the first 3 quarters and only taking over in the 4th. The expectations that people/the media have for him are insane.
wade doesnt make a shot than doesnt hustle back on D

decides he wants to fight with his coach


gtfo
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone