There are 448 users in the forums
2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread
May 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM
- marshulk
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,242
Isaiah Thomas, Jason Thompson, and Outlaw for Pau
May 26, 2012 at 6:09 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Well. My 5 year old is a lakers fan. A few weeks ago, he was presented with a selection of nba team matching shorts and t shirts. The color he liked was Lakers purple and gold. But he just didn't select it for the color, he had to ask me and make sure it was Lakers.
As much as I wanted to say no and talk bad about the Lakers, I kept it in and bought him the outfit.
I laughed when he got sad when the Lakers went fishing. Then he got more sad because I laughed. I felt bad and the only thing I could say to cheer him up was the truth: lakers have won so many championships and they have Kobe Bryant, the best player in the world.
That cheered him up but I still had to remind him that I don't like the Lakers.
As much as I wanted to say no and talk bad about the Lakers, I kept it in and bought him the outfit.
I laughed when he got sad when the Lakers went fishing. Then he got more sad because I laughed. I felt bad and the only thing I could say to cheer him up was the truth: lakers have won so many championships and they have Kobe Bryant, the best player in the world.
That cheered him up but I still had to remind him that I don't like the Lakers.
May 26, 2012 at 6:56 PM
- sincalfaithful
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,712
Originally posted by Joecool:
Well. My 5 year old is a lakers fan. A few weeks ago, he was presented with a selection of nba team matching shorts and t shirts. The color he liked was Lakers purple and gold. But he just didn't select it for the color, he had to ask me and make sure it was Lakers.
As much as I wanted to say no and talk bad about the Lakers, I kept it in and bought him the outfit.
I laughed when he got sad when the Lakers went fishing. Then he got more sad because I laughed. I felt bad and the only thing I could say to cheer him up was the truth: lakers have won so many championships and they have Kobe Bryant, the best player in the world.
That cheered him up but I still had to remind him that I don't like the Lakers.
Your son is off to a great start in life
May 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
There's no way any kid of mine would like some team that wasn't one I rooted for. Oh hellz no.
May 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by StOnEy333:There's no way any kid of mine would like some team that wasn't one I rooted for. Oh hellz no.
Easier said than done.
May 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM
- GameOver
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,170
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Kyle Lowry believes he and Kevin McHale can no longer coexist.
Lowry underwent surgery to repair a sports hernia and torn abductor muscles three weeks ago and briefly returned to the Toyota Center on Friday.
"I don't think so," Lowry said about whether he and McHale can continue. "I honestly think it would be tough. Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed."
"If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved."
McHale believed he worked well with Lowry.
"That's very surprising," McHale said. "I didn't think we had too much of a problem coexisting this year. Everybody has a little beef every once in a while. I didn't feel like (there were problems). He apparently did.
"There were times that we didn't agree on things. There were times that I got on him. I don't think it was unduly harsh on anybody."
Daryl Morey believes the relationship can be salvaged.
"I think Kyle and coach McHale are both winners and both competitive guys," Morey said. "I don't anticipate any issues going forward."
Pau for Lowry revisited?
Pau isnt enough anymore I dont think.
I actually think at this point, it'd be Pau for Lowry and Luis Scola...and I think that would be fine for both parties...I'm standing strong to my opinion that Pau will be shipped to Indiana, Houston, or Philadelphia this summer
May 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by GameOver:
I actually think at this point, it'd be Pau for Lowry and Luis Scola...and I think that would be fine for both parties...I'm standing strong to my opinion that Pau will be shipped to Indiana, Houston, or Philadelphia this summer
lulz, the rockets would get ripped off BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lowry is one of the better point guards in the league and Scola is a pretty good player himself.
May 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM
- unst4bl3
- Member
- Posts: 7,568
Originally posted by Joecool:This, My dad was a raiders fan, and as soon as i started liking football in like 89, I was a 49ers fan from then on.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
There's no way any kid of mine would like some team that wasn't one I rooted for. Oh hellz no.
Easier said than done.
May 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM
- Joecool
- Veteran
- Posts: 70,984
Originally posted by unst4bl3:This, My dad was a raiders fan, and as soon as i started liking football in like 89, I was a 49ers fan from then on.Originally posted by Joecool:Originally posted by StOnEy333:There's no way any kid of mine would like some team that wasn't one I rooted for. Oh hellz no.
Easier said than done.
http://images.google.com/search?q=easy+e&tbm=isch&pbx=1&site=images&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g5-k0d0t0&fkt=4555&fsdt=8535&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&csll=&action=<oken=fc605b68&biw=480&bih=268&sei=EtvBT6bEJZLKiALFlajqBw#i=14
May 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM
- CalNiner49
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,719
Originally posted by Joecool:As long as he is a 49ers fan, everything is
Well. My 5 year old is a lakers fan. A few weeks ago, he was presented with a selection of nba team matching shorts and t shirts. The color he liked was Lakers purple and gold. But he just didn't select it for the color, he had to ask me and make sure it was Lakers.
As much as I wanted to say no and talk bad about the Lakers, I kept it in and bought him the outfit.
I laughed when he got sad when the Lakers went fishing. Then he got more sad because I laughed. I felt bad and the only thing I could say to cheer him up was the truth: lakers have won so many championships and they have Kobe Bryant, the best player in the world.
That cheered him up but I still had to remind him that I don't like the Lakers.

May 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM
- SoCal9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,909
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Isaiah Thomas, Jason Thompson, and Outlaw for Pau
done!
May 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM
- CityKing415
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,048
*watch the video
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/28/metta-world-peace-twitter-happy-labor-day-memorial_n_1551093.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/28/metta-world-peace-twitter-happy-labor-day-memorial_n_1551093.html
[ Edited by CityKing415 on May 29, 2012 at 7:57 PM ]
May 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
May 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,133
^^^ stupid
May 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,133
they all wonna come back.
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/30/report-lamar-odom-desperately-wants-to-be-laker-again/
Report: Lamar Odom "desperately" wants to be Laker again
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/30/report-lamar-odom-desperately-wants-to-be-laker-again/
Report: Lamar Odom "desperately" wants to be Laker again