LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 361 users in the forums

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Stern has to go. There is no credibility with him. He let other owners, mainly mark Cuban most likely, force him to intervene. This is the wwe.

Yep. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think this is anything more than a lateral move by the Lakers if it goes through. It's not like we raped them on that trade. But the other owners having the power to veto the trade is laughably bad.
im glad paul is gonna fight the NBA's bs, the lakers need to sue the damn NBA
I love listening to the cries of Lakers fans! OH WOES ME WE ARENT GETTING WHAT WE WANT WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I love listening to the cries of Lakers fans! OH WOES ME WE ARENT GETTING WHAT WE WANT WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

1) I don't think anyone's complaining about not getting what we want, it's that it's not up to other owners to make this decision.

2) The Lakers will find a way to pwn this league the way they have for decades regardless of whether this trade goes through or not. #FACT

this
"WojYahooNBA: (More) "In the end, David didn't like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go," source says."
--http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/144980050037583872

"WojYahooNBA: League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go.""
--http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/144980272348266496
The Players Union may have to take action against the owners and NBA in this one.
the miami heat have ruined the NBA forever imo. this 3 superstar model that a team needs to have to be competitive is creating an even bigger parity between big and small market teams. Also, I like David Stern doing this
Originally posted by valrod33:
"WojYahooNBA: (More) "In the end, David didn't like that the players were dictating where they wanted to go," source says."
--http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/144980050037583872

"WojYahooNBA: League source on killed deal: "...(Stern) wasn't going to let Chris Paul dictate where he wanted to go.""
--http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/144980272348266496
then break up the f*g 3 in miami then david f**king stern!!!! send carmelo back to denver then after he held them hostage last yr
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
the miami heat have ruined the NBA forever imo. this 3 superstar model that a team needs to have to be competitive is creating an even bigger parity between big and small market teams. Also, I like David Stern doing this

What do you call Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, & James Worthy? Or Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, & Robert Parish? Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, & Wilt Chamberlain? This ain't new.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

1) I don't think anyone's complaining about not getting what we want, it's that it's not up to other owners to make this decision.

2) The Lakers will find a way to pwn this league the way they have for decades regardless of whether this trade goes through or not. #FACT

Don't the owners own the Hornets?

What do you call Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, & James Worthy? Or Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, & Robert Parish? Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, & Wilt Chamberlain? This ain't new.

3 all star model

i guess im not old enough, but was the NBA same back then where players could easily get out of the s**tty situation they were in?

The Lakers will win the west anyways
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Don't the owners own the Hornets?

Sort of. The league owns the Hornets. Here is the league's (funny) statement on this just a few minutes ago.

"It's not true that the owners killed the deal, the deal was never discussed at the Board of Governors meeting and the league office declined to make the trade for basketball reasons."

I'm fairly certain this is unprecedented. The Hornets have run their basketball operations autonomously during the league's reign as "owner", and in reality, they serve as a placeholder until new ownership is found. Being that they serve the interests of all franchises, should the league be able to kill a trade that's agreed upon between 3 teams for "basketball reasons"?
Share 49ersWebzone