There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Jcool:
darrenrovell darren rovell

Not surprised the Paul deal was killed. Wouldn't have made sense for the NBA-owned Hornets trying to unload team.

Trying to unload team? They get Gasol, Kevin Martin, and Lamar Odom. Wow. I thought it was a good deal for them too.

They are saying the league wants to unload the Hornets. Need to keep it desirable, having a star like Paul makes it so. Then the new owners can decide how to use that asset.

And I never saw it reported that the Hornets got Pau. They were getting Odom, Scola, Martin. Basically garbage.

I wouldn't say that those players are garbage. I think it makes them far more competitive than a team who loses Paul for nothing after this season.
Deal is dead. f**k the NBA
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

The NBA has killed the proposed deal to send Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.
Stephen A interviewing Odom on 710 ESPN radio right now.
Originally posted by lakers27:
Deal is dead. f**k the NBA

This throwing a b***h fit
It sounds to me that the owners were more concerned with the Lakers building another dynasty than they were for the general good of the Hornets. Looks like the future owner in NO will be taking over the Hornets with no superstar and no good draft pick until at least 2013.
It sounds to me that the owners were more concerned with the Lakers building another dynasty than they were for the general good of the Hornets. Looks like the future owner in NO will be taking over the Hornets with no superstar and no good draft pick until at least 2013.

Yep, new owner won't be able to trade Paul at all.
Quote:

The NBA has killed the proposed deal to send Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

So thry killed this right now, are they meeting as we speak. I say bs to them calling it off I think the lakers pulled out
Originally posted by susweel:
Quote:

So thry killed this right now, are they meeting as we speak. I say bs to them calling it off I think the lakers pulled out

lmao that lakers even win at breaking deals. i'm sure the it was the nba man
They had much better offers on the table, Scola, Martin and Odom is hardly enough for Paul.
Odom completely devastated by this news. It was recorded 2 hours ago, so he hadnt heard about the deal being killed, but he was crushed at the thought of being traded away from the Lakers.
@CP3 Chris Paul
WoW

bahahahahah
so why the f**k cant owners break up the 3 clowns in miami?? this is f**king bs
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Yep, new owner won't be able to trade Paul at all.

Paul controls the ability to deal him. Right now you guarantee to get solid pieces in return, down the road, the Lakers or Knicks may want to wait until Paul hits the market as a free agent. That is if a new owner comes in this season. There's always the possibility a prospective buyer would shy away because of having a departing Superstar with no teams willing to give up good pieces for a rental. You said it yourself, Paul is Roy 2.0. Why would the owners want to make the Hornets a less attractive team to buy by hamstringing the team with a injury bound superstar?
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
They had much better offers on the table, Scola, Martin and Odom is hardly enough for Paul.

What were they?
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com