There are 175 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011-12 Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Chris Paul deal does not improve the Lakers, unless a Dwight Howard deal is next

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/chris-paul-deal-does-not-improve-the-lakers-unless-a-dwight-howard-deal-is-next/
Kohle is gonne ask for divorce.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:
Chris Paul deal does not improve the Lakers, unless a Dwight Howard deal is next

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/08/chris-paul-deal-does-not-improve-the-lakers-unless-a-dwight-howard-deal-is-next/

LOL. Who's going to start at PF and C for the Lakers? Uh, I don't know, Okafor and Bynum maybe. Stupid article is stupid. That being said, the Lakers certainly didn't get worse. Even if they don't trade for Howard, they got significantly better defensively up front and added the best PG in the league while losing depth and scoring. And that's not even taking the 9 mil exception into account which most certainly would add depth.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

LOL. Who's going to start at PF and C for the Lakers? Uh, I don't know, Okafor and Bynum maybe. Stupid article is stupid. That being said, the Lakers certainly didn't get worse. Even if they don't trade for Howard, they got significantly better defensively up front and added the best PG in the league while losing depth and scoring. And that's not even taking the 9 mil exception into account which most certainly would add depth.

Best PG in the league? His knee is bone on bone. Brandon Roy 2.0.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Best PG in the league? His knee is bone on bone. Brandon Roy 2.0.

Arguably yes. His knees are nowhere near as bad as Roy's. He wouldn't garner this much interest if they were. Plus, his game relies on quickness, not explosion. Is his injury history worrisome, sure, but if he helps bring in a single championship in his time with the Lakers it's all worth it, imo.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by JDeezy:
So you're pre

So you're saying since they didn't win with players they drafted, its not "Fair". Look around you, that's no longer the landscape of the NBA and hasn't been for sometime, nor will it be. Teams have one cornerstone that they've drafted and build around him (see Bryant, Kobe). If you're lucky to have two you drafted ala Durant and Westbrook, you'd instantaneously trade one of them in the pursuit to get significantly better. And the Lakers actually save money by doing this deal right now. In Football and baseball keeping the guys you drafted is more prevalent, for the mere fact that there are more guys on the team!!! 12 players active in basketball you get the 12 best or the 5 best to play together, however you accumulate them.

The Spurs did it with THEIR guys...it can be done. So did the Bulls of the 90's. Even OKC - THEY drafter Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden, Collison were all brought into the league by that organization. Pretty much their only key piece they acquired is Perkins, and they got him in a LEGIT trade (not because of a team being held hostage and scared to death of losing him for nothing, as would be the case with Orlando and Howard).

U mad

Ridiculously, unbelievably, steaming mad, obviously.

The Lakers are doing what they do. What they've always done. Get better and win. The logic being spewed by andes is absolutely haterism in it's true form. Wouldn't be happy if they won the next 10 championships??

GTFOutta here!!
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 8, 2011 at 5:56 PM ]
they be hating

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.
Wow. I think the Lakers need to make another move to shore up their bigs now that Odom and Gasol are gone. If they get D12 ...

That's a more formidable Big 3 than the Heat.
lol they really mad, so it must be a good deal.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
darrenrovell darren rovell

Not surprised the Paul deal was killed. Wouldn't have made sense for the NBA-owned Hornets trying to unload team.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jcool:

Not surprised the Paul deal was killed. Wouldn't have made sense for the NBA-owned Hornets trying to unload team.

Trying to unload team? They get Gasol, Kevin Martin, and Lamar Odom. Wow. I thought it was a good deal for them too.

Trying to unload team? They get Gasol, Kevin Martin, and Lamar Odom. Wow. I thought it was a good deal for them too.

I thought it was a great deal for them, Im not even mad if it dont happen.

They are saying the league wants to unload the Hornets. Need to keep it desirable, having a star like Paul makes it so. Then the new owners can decide how to use that asset.

And I never saw it reported that the Hornets got Pau. They were getting Odom, Scola, Martin. Basically garbage.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

The NBA doesn't need Chris Paul past this year. They need him in New Orleans until they can sell the team.

League does get something in return for a full year of Chris Paul on the Hornets. A chance to sell the team with better financials.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 8, 2011 at 6:05 PM ]
hold on folks, this hasn't gone through yet. ESPN reporting problems with the deal.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com