LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Syracuse's Bernie Fine placed on leave

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Really?! Because I am pretty sure it's a fact that people DID have knowledge and DID look the other way. Or maybe Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno and McQueary all lost their jobs just for the F of it. Or that Schultz and Curley were both arrested because they lied during grand jury testimony in January about information they recieved about a report of sexual abuse by Sandusky

I would argue that Paterno did wrongfully lose his job. And to top it off he now has cancer. Way to go America.

He certainly did wrongfully lose his job. He did not do anything. He did not see anything. He was not involved in anything. When the "allegation" was brought to his attention he told university authorities immediately. They did an investigation. They didn't find anything. The assistant coach was allowed to stay on staff.

So what exactly was the guy supposed to do? Penn State needed a fall guy (scapegoat) and that person turned out to be Joe Pa. In our cuture and litigous society we need someone to blame. I don't see how he did anything wrong. The university authorities aren't going to blame themselves. They needed somebody to blame. And Joe Pa is the guy.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 20, 2011 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Really?! Because I am pretty sure it's a fact that people DID have knowledge and DID look the other way. Or maybe Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno and McQueary all lost their jobs just for the F of it. Or that Schultz and Curley were both arrested because they lied during grand jury testimony in January about information they recieved about a report of sexual abuse by Sandusky

I would argue that Paterno did wrongfully lose his job. And to top it off he now has cancer. Way to go America.

He certainly did wrongfully lose his job. He did not do anything. He did not see anything. He was not involved in anything. When the "allegation" was brought to his attention he told university authorities immediately. They did an investigation. They didn't find anything. The assistant coach was allowed to stay on staff.

So what exactly was the guy supposed to do? Penn State needed a fall guy (scapegoat) and that person turned out to be Joe Pa. In our cuture and litigous society we need someone to blame. I don't see how he did anything wrong. The university authorities aren't going to blame themselves. They needed somebody to blame. And Joe Pa is the guy.

Had Joe Paterno gone to the Police (the real kind, not the University kind), he would have stopped a half dozen or so boys from being molested.

Instead, he passed the buck.

/thread
after reading more of these comments, i'm surprised this thread isn't locked yet...i'm gonna stay out before i really get a ban for not being able to have a civilized debates with people who protect child molestation. at least i know who not to hang around with if i ever see them in real life...this thread and the penn state thread taught me a lot, sadly.
anal
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Had Joe Paterno gone to the Police (the real kind, not the University kind), he would have stopped a half dozen or so boys from being molested.

Instead, he passed the buck.

/thread

I believe he did notify the University authorities. Which also involves the university police. It's their juristiction from there. They did an investigation and found nothing. The guy was allowed to continue on the staff. What was Joe Pa supposed to do from there? Absurd. He did what he could. The University needs a scapegoat. And he is it. Further we don't know anybody was molested. There are "allegations" at this point. A difference most on the Wz don't understand.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 20, 2011 at 5:49 PM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This one is done.
Share 49ersWebzone