LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 376 users in the forums

Syracuse's Bernie Fine placed on leave

Two former Syracuse University ball boys say they were molested by associate head basketball coach Bernie Fine, starting in the late 1970s and continuing into the 1990s.

Police in Syracuse said they have opened an investigation into the allegations. And in a statement Thursday night, Syracuse said it has placed Fine on administrative leave.

Fine
One alleged victim, Bobby Davis, now 39, told Outside the Lines that Fine molested him beginning in 1984, shortly before Davis entered the seventh grade. Davis, the team's ball boy for six years beginning in 1984, said the abuse occurred at Fine's home, at the Syracuse basketball facilities, and on road trips, including the 1987 Final Four

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7248184/syracuse-police-investigating-bernie-fine-molesting-boy-1980s

i know the Penn State thread is closed but i give the mods to either merge or let this ride on itself. in that thread I did mention that that Sandusky molestation at a known university is just the beginning of a PERFECT STORM brewing. haha haha. guess what folks? the domino's are now falling.
All they talk about on ESPN now is child molesters and alleged child molesters. It's become Nancy Grace and Jane Valez-Mitchell. It used to be about sports.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
All they talk about on ESPN now is child molesters and alleged child molesters. It's become Nancy Grace and Jane Valez-Mitchell. It used to be about sports.
What's worse is its only child molesters at East Coast schools... can you say East Coast bias????

once again ur ignorance shocks me. a top college program's coach is accused of RAPING A CHILD and ur suprised espn is covering it???? if espn was around when marshall's plane crashed killing its players and coach's im sure u would be furious of espns coverage of that as well. get a grip or change the channel.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

once again ur ignorance shocks me. a top college program's coach is accused of RAPING A CHILD and ur suprised espn is covering it???? if espn was around when marshall's plane crashed killing its players and coach's im sure u would be furious of espns coverage of that as well. get a grip or change the channel.

When I watch ESPN I want to hear about sports and sports news. If you want 24/7 child molesters you can try Nancy Grace, Jane Valez-Mitchell and Court TV.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:

When I watch ESPN I want to hear about sports and sports news. If you want 24/7 child molesters you can try Nancy Grace, Jane Valez-Mitchell and Court TV.

im with u there, but look at whats going on here. 2 of the biggest programs in college sports are accused of sexual abuse on children, and in the penn state looks like a mass cover up on top of it. jim boeheim and joe paterno are 2 absolute LEGENDS in their sport, and each of them have members of their coaching staffs accused of RAPING CHILDREN. this is bigger then sports
Two totally different situations though.

Penn St. mishandles it by ignoring it and not commenting.

Syracuse flat out denies it and anything about it. It will be interesting how this plays out.

Nasty ass old dudes
This Penn State "scandal" is a joke. Sandusky is a monster so that means Joe Pa loses his job and is the perv? That he loses his job of so many years this way is a disgrace. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion aka the court of fools.

I guarantee you that Joe Pa did not have knowledge of these events. No one with that knowledge looks the other way. And I am no PSU fan in denial. We all assume in the public that we have all the answers cause we read the AP headline so now we are the experts. Fact is none of us were there.

Jim Boeheim is one of my faves and he's next in the crosshairs. Nothing better than a witchhunt amirite?

These pedos need to get what's coming to them.

I hope it's not true, the accused looks a bit ,''meth-y,'' but maybe it's because of the abuse.

We'll see. Very disturbing. WTF
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Two totally different situations though.

Penn St. mishandles it by ignoring it and not commenting.

Syracuse flat out denies it and anything about it. It will be interesting how this plays out.

Nasty ass old dudes

Not to mention there is no Grand Jury report for this case and no eye witness. There may be something there but it doesnt seem to be the same as Penn St and Sandusky at least on the surface.

Guilty
I have heard enough. Guilty and Boehiem should be fired immediately.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:
Guilty

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
This Penn State "scandal" is a joke. Sandusky is a monster so that means Joe Pa loses his job and is the perv? That he loses his job of so many years this way is a disgrace. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion aka the court of fools.

I guarantee you that Joe Pa did not have knowledge of these events. No one with that knowledge looks the other way. And I am no PSU fan in denial. We all assume in the public that we have all the answers cause we read the AP headline so now we are the experts. Fact is none of us were there.

Jim Boeheim is one of my faves and he's next in the crosshairs. Nothing better than a witchhunt amirite?

On what basis do you make this "guarantee"? Unless you were there this is merely your opinion.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I have heard enough. Guilty and Boehiem should be fired immediately.

here we go again. this case is far different, i hope u realize that. psu case there are multiple witnesses, multiple victims coming foward, and coaches a janitor police and administers that knew about it going on for a decade. here it is one guys word against another. while i give this guy the benefit of the doubt(he filed a claim in 2005 he didnt just make this up after the sandusky case caught wind) this happned in the 80s and early 90s. too much time might have passes to prosecute him, but its good hes being exposed.
Share 49ersWebzone