LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 366 users in the forums

Syracuse's Bernie Fine placed on leave

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
This Penn State "scandal" is a joke. Sandusky is a monster so that means Joe Pa loses his job and is the perv? That he loses his job of so many years this way is a disgrace. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion aka the court of fools.

I guarantee you that Joe Pa did not have knowledge of these events. No one with that knowledge looks the other way. And I am no PSU fan in denial. We all assume in the public that we have all the answers cause we read the AP headline so now we are the experts. Fact is none of us were there.

Jim Boeheim is one of my faves and he's next in the crosshairs. Nothing better than a witchhunt amirite?

Really? You guarantee that, huh? Cuz people that don't have knowledge of acts of molestation don't normally testify to grand juries that they were told of an alleged incident happening in the locker room showers.

Exactly.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
This Penn State "scandal" is a joke. Sandusky is a monster so that means Joe Pa loses his job and is the perv? That he loses his job of so many years this way is a disgrace. Tried and convicted in the court of public opinion aka the court of fools.

I guarantee you that Joe Pa did not have knowledge of these events. No one with that knowledge looks the other way. And I am no PSU fan in denial. We all assume in the public that we have all the answers cause we read the AP headline so now we are the experts. Fact is none of us were there.

Jim Boeheim is one of my faves and he's next in the crosshairs. Nothing better than a witchhunt amirite?

Really? You guarantee that, huh? Cuz people that don't have knowledge of acts of molestation don't normally testify to grand juries that they were told of an alleged incident happening in the locker room showers.

Exactly.

this

Really?! Because I am pretty sure it's a fact that people DID have knowledge and DID look the other way. Or maybe Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno and McQueary all lost their jobs just for the F of it. Or that Schultz and Curley were both arrested because they lied during grand jury testimony in January about information they recieved about a report of sexual abuse by Sandusky
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM ]
Take that 6 out of your name. You don't deserve it!
I am azmazed by some who can't realize the difference between eye witnesses and charges vs. allegations and no charges
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:

Exactly.

this

Wait a sec...

Joe Pa said he was told that there was "an incident in the shower ... but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report".

So Joe Pa is flatly denying ever having knowledge that there was molestation. You all assume he did and are eager to crucify the guy. Guilty until PROVEN innocent right??
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am azmazed by some who can't realize the difference between eye witnesses and charges vs. allegations and no charges

So the eye witness is automatically correct and the charges are too?? Damn... would hate to have you on my jury.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Really?! Because I am pretty sure it's a fact that people DID have knowledge and DID look the other way. Or maybe Spanier, Curley, Schultz, Paterno and McQueary all lost their jobs just for the F of it. Or that Schultz and Curley were both arrested because they lied during grand jury testimony in January about information they recieved about a report of sexual abuse by Sandusky

I would argue that Paterno did wrongfully lose his job. And to top it off he now has cancer. Way to go America.

I would argue that Paterno did wrongfully lose his job. And to top it off he now has cancer. Way to go America.

Bringing cancer into the argument is emotive and irrelevant.
Wait a sec...

Joe Pa said he was told that there was "an incident in the shower ... but he at no time related to me the very specific actions contained in the Grand Jury report".

So Joe Pa is flatly denying ever having knowledge that there was molestation. You all assume he did and are eager to crucify the guy. Guilty until PROVEN innocent right??

"Two days after the report was released, Paterno issued a statement saying he wanted to correct the impression left by the presentment.

Even though Paterno himself had told the grand jury that McQueary saw "something of a sexual nature," Paterno said this week that he had stopped the conversation before it got too graphic. Instead, he told McQueary he would need to speak with his superior, Athletic Director Tim Curley, and with Schultz.

That meeting did not happen for 10 days.

What was said at that meeting is in dispute."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by English:

Bringing cancer into the argument is emotive and irrelevant.

Yes him having cancer has nothing to do with anything. Thats a personal health issue.
f**k joe paterno
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

So the eye witness is automatically correct and the charges are too?? Damn... would hate to have you on my jury.

dont shower with 10 year old boys and touch their legs and you have nothing to worry about.
does this make it past page 5?
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
does this make it past page 5?

No chance! Its turned into a Joe Paterno Lite thread, anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone