There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there WAY TOO MUCH Penn State football scandal media coverage?

Is there WAY TOO MUCH Penn State football scandal media coverage?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
If you want to get your news and sports those are pretty much the primary channels. I think it's been a bit overdone. And there is not much new in the story. Plus there are bigger national and international stories.

Try ESPN.com, CNNSI.com or CbsSports.com you can click on the NBA, NFL, NHL, etc tabs for all your news.
Originally posted by Jcool:
If you want to get your news and sports those are pretty much the primary channels. I think it's been a bit overdone. And there is not much new in the story. Plus there are bigger national and international stories.

Try ESPN.com, CNNSI.com or CbsSports.com you can click on the NBA, NFL, NHL, etc tabs for all your news.

That story has been all over those websites for a long time.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I haven't noticed the NFL section on ESPN had the Penn St. story as it headliner...
Originally posted by Jcool:

I haven't noticed the NFL section on ESPN had the Penn St. story as it headliner...

But it's on the main page which you go to and then click the NFL tab to get to the NFL section...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Biggest scandal in sports history and dude is complaining about the amount of media coverage. LOL
Free market.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Biggest scandal in sports history and dude is complaining about the amount of media coverage. LOL

lol no...

yes it deserves to be... but at this point it is not the biggest.

Kobe
Mike Tyson
Tanya Harding
Michael Vick
Tiger Woods...
wow this a dumb thread. Biggest scandal in the history of sports that involves young boys being raped, and u dont think the media is going to cover this???????? wow.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

lol no...

Kobe
Mike Tyson
Tanya Harding
Michael Vick
Tiger Woods...

realllllly??????????????? tiger woods cheats and thats bigger? are u really making that argument??? Do you not see what went on here??????????????? there was over a decades worth of rape by a bigtime college coach, on a bigtime college campus, where people obviously turned their heads and or covered it up to protect the penn state brand. but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, tiger banged a few broads and cheated on his wife thats a muchhhhhhhh bigger story. i dont want to get banned so im going to stop here, but wow this is almost laughable how ridiculous u r.
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
wow this a dumb thread. Biggest scandal in the history of sports that involves young boys being raped, and u dont think the media is going to cover this???????? wow.

They can cover it but they don't have to cover it as much as they have. And they aren't adding anything new. It's just the same stuff over and over to exploit it for media time and ratings.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
lol no...

Kobe
Mike Tyson
Tanya Harding
Michael Vick
Tiger Woods...
i disagree.....the baylor murder scandal is the only one that comes close the to penn state scandal.
[ Edited by lazy on Nov 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM ]
I agree SD. Every time I turned on SportsCenter they were covering the Penn St. scandal. I usually just changed the channel or turned off the tv.
Originally posted by angelv05:
I agree SD. Every time I turned on SportsCenter they were covering the Penn St. scandal. I usually just changed the channel or turned off the tv.

This.