LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Penn St. football sexual abuse scandal

• Paul
  • Veteran
I know it will sound foolish to say this; but I really wonder when Paterno being pushed out goes down who they would even consider to replace him? Paterno always seemed like a stand up kind of guy, but now this comes out & he knew for so long? I guess u just really don't know anymore
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Read that Sanduskys son is director of player personal for the Browns, I wonder what his reaction to all this is.
Up to 8 victims now... Which means there's 2 or 3 times that that haven't come forward...

f**king disgusting.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
The more I read about this guy the more pissed I get..............He wrote a autobiography.........now get this, its called "Touched" The Jerry Sandusky story
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Well, I guess that's how it finally ends for Joe Paterno, huh?

Yikes.
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Read that Sanduskys son is director of player personal for the Browns, I wonder what his reaction to all this is.

wouldn't be surprised if he molested him too
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The more I read about this guy the more pissed I get..............He wrote a autobiography.........now get this, its called "Touched" The Jerry Sandusky story

wow

Paterno, in tears, has impromptu press conference at his home, through a window Rick Chandler

Nov 8, 2011, 7:19 PM EST

1 Comment

Getty Images Ironically, the windows at Joe Paterno's house seem to have been installed to the strictest industry standards. Too bad we can't say the same thing about the Penn State athletics program. A scheduled press conference on campus was canceled earlier today, but then one cropped up at Paterno's home, as a crowd of supporters gathered in his yard. From the Twitter account of StateCollege.com's Ben Jones:

Paterno holding a press conference out his window in tears. "No matter what happens to some people Im proud of you"http://twitpic.com/7c8n10

Jones also tweeted that students were chanting the school's motto:

Penn State students screaming the lyrics to the Alma Mater "May no act of ours bring shame."

OK, then.

We'd have more, but it was hard to hear. Damned double-pane insulation.
Originally posted by toeknee:

According to his Wikipedia bio, Sandusky has a bunch of foster and adopted children....
Even the graduate assistants father is a coward. if that was my son I would have expected him to stop it, not tell him to come home. Jesus christ this is sick, where's the common sense

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by toeknee:

According to his Wikipedia bio, Sandusky has a bunch of foster and adopted children....

Yeah who knows how many kids this sick f**k molested
Just shocking.

Joe Paterno is a foundation. All of this was to protect the foundation. It is such a shame how all this is ending. I have adored JoePa ever since I can remember. I hate how this is going down. But this is the end of the foundation. And now it has to end this way.

As far as the assistant, not one person can say what they would do....because we dont unless we are trained. Especially if you are a grad student who played and were coached by these guys including Sandusky. I know if it were me, my world would be turned upside down at that very moment, If Sandusly and the kid saw this dude Im sure it stopped right away at that very moment. Many of the players, former players, had their parents play for JoePa. Everyone will go through extremes to protect JoePa's name, this is what happened. Unfortunately the complete and utterly disgusting way about it.
Originally posted by FaithInJH:
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Been following this moderately and may have missed it, but did they determine whether Paterno knew for sure that this was going on? Or at least that someone told him it might be going on?

Knew since 2002. Kept it in the dark for NINE YEARS.

9 years.

I thought he alerted officals. He's just being critisized for not doing enough, but he did say something.

He did nothing. He should have blown that big, fat whistle of his when he found out about it.

He deserves the hellish punishment that is coming his way.
Brent Jones on KNBR talking about this right now. He is not mincing any words about his feelings towards Paterno if this is true.
You know I think it is that Red Headed coach on Penn States football team was the assistant that saw this.

I could be wrong though.
Share 49ersWebzone