There are 223 users in the forums

2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Originally posted by jrg:
Oscar Taveras

Remember that name.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19810060/prospect-spotlight-cardinals-oscar-taveras-could-be-the-next-great-young-player

"I've added more power this year. I'm really happy about the way I'm hitting the ball," Taveras said. "Everyone asks me where the power comes from, but I don't know. The power's coming and that's really good."

Steroids

Don't get him confused w/ the Atlanta Braves entire roster.
Oscar Taveras

Remember that name.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19810060/prospect-spotlight-cardinals-oscar-taveras-could-be-the-next-great-young-player

"I've added more power this year. I'm really happy about the way I'm hitting the ball," Taveras said. "Everyone asks me where the power comes from, but I don't know. The power's coming and that's really good."

Steroids

I wish our guys would take steroids. I dont even know the last time we had a 30 HR guy

lulz before Uggla hit 36 last year the last brave to do it was in 2006
[ Edited by WookieOftheYear on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]
Oscar Taveras

Remember that name.

Steroids

I wish our guys would take steroids. I dont even know the last time we had a 30 HR guy

lulz before Uggla hit 36 last year the last brave to do it was in 2006

Besides Bonds, we havent had a guy hit over 27 hr since Kent in 2002...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
^^^^^^
^^^^^^

lol it was Ray Durham in 2006. He hit 26 HR, and thats out best non-Bonds power season since 02. Its pretty sad, and just shows how difficult our park makes hitting for power. It also shows that our FO doesnt really feel the need to try and add power...ever...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
^^^^^^

lol it was Ray Durham in 2006. He hit 26 HR, and thats out best non-Bonds power season since 02. Its pretty sad, and just shows how difficult our park makes hitting for power. It also shows that our FO doesnt really feel the need to try and add power...ever...

lol sorry....ray durham
^^^^^^

lol sorry....ray durham

Rich Aurilia with 37 in 2001, and Jeff Kent with 37 in 2002. Thats our non-Bonds power at AT&T, ever. Its pretty sad.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 6, 2012 at 1:01 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Tulowitzki to STL mentioned as a possibility on MLB Network? Haha, Rockies want young pitching. Cardinals have PLENTY

Wouldn't mind that bat

That would wipe out your farm system, and cost a buttload. Hes on the books until like 2020. I doubt they move a franchise SS for pitching prospects. Especially since they dont plan on making pitching a priority with that stupid 75 pitch cap.

Id be pissed if i were a Cards fan and they made that trade. Thats alot to sacrifice for an injury riddled player, especially when more offense is a luxury, not a need.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
That would wipe out your farm system, and cost a buttload. Hes on the books until like 2020. I doubt they move a franchise SS for pitching prospects. Especially since they dont plan on making pitching a priority with that stupid 75 pitch cap.

Id be pissed if i were a Cards fan and they made that trade. Thats alot to sacrifice for an injury riddled player, especially when more offense is a luxury, not a need.

I hear ya. I just got excited when I heard it. Tulo is my favorite non-STL player in the MLB.

Tulo is a good, albeit very fragile player.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Will be better than Tulo soon anyway

I hear ya. I just got excited when I heard it. Tulo is my favorite non-STL player in the MLB.

lol really?? I hate that douche. He looks like a high school jock from an 80's movie that bullies people. Plus he grew up in the bay area as an A's fan, and hates the Giants.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
well than you obviously have plenty reason to hate him. haha
well than you obviously have plenty reason to hate him. haha

If you had to pick one, who would be your fav Giants player? Just curious.
Share 49ersWebzone