There are 139 users in the forums

2011 St. Louis Cardinals Thread

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by jrg:
Uhhh.....

Mark McGwire leaves Cardinals to join Dodgers as hitting coach...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_770ac892-2524-11e2-9cb5-001a4bcf6878.html#.UJQmdGNg_nY.twitter#stlcards

Thats really weird. Either STL told him "go ahead, we kinda want someone else anyways", or LA said "hey Mark, how about we double that salary?"

On the bright side for Giants fans, we can now direct steroid jokes at the Dodgers.

I guess. I really can't picture him in any dugout other than the Cardinals dugout. Only one that even had a chance in my opinion is Oakland. So weird.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
#dodgers interest in McGwire allows him to be closer to home, near his 5 young kids. He wanted to see if that was a possibility.#StLCards
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I guess. I really can't picture him in any dugout other than the Cardinals dugout. Only one that even had a chance in my opinion is Oakland. So weird.

hmmmm live in STL or live in one of the most beautiful places in the world?
tough choice.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

tough choice.

nice unnecessary shot at St. Louis.

has nothing to do with it.
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:13 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
McGwire and his family already live in LA. He doesn't live in St. Louis.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
wow

Cardinals Make Kyle Lohse Qualifying Offer http://bit.ly/RBjYdO #mlb

Ah, ok..nvm

The Cardinals have made free agent Kyle Lohse a qualifying offer – a one-year deal worth $13.3 million – in order to guarantee that the organization receives an extra Draft pick should Lohse sign somewhere else this offseason. Lohse, of course, also has the prerogative to accept the one-year deal, which would be binding. That decision must be made within the next seven days. Lohse is, however, expected to pass on the offer, which would allow him to explore multi-year deals with other interested clubs.
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM ]

tough choice.

Since when was the smog infested, graffiti covered city of LA "one of the most beautiful places on earth"?

Theres alot of people who live in LA that say its a pit.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marsh:
my friend is a big Cardinals fan, do you guys see them making any moves this offseason?

haha oh yeah? but no..probably no big moves. ive heard names like stephen drew at SS, josh hamilton in CF (doubtful), and sean burnett as a LHP out of the bullpen
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Since when was the smog infested, graffiti covered city of LA "one of the most beautiful places on earth"?

LA Area.
Orange County. Laguna.

You think Mark McGwire is living in South Central? Lol.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

LA Area.
Orange County. Laguna.

You think Mark McGwire is living in South Central? Lol.

He lives in Orange County. He has lived there ever since his playing days. He is going to the Dodgers to be close to his wife and 5 kids.
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM ]

Manny Ramirez is available as a hitting coach.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
Manny Ramirez is available as a hitting coach.

Lots of talk of Jim Edmonds, Larry Walker, or Gary Gaetti.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
John Mabry replaces McGwire....meh
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Oscar Taveras

Remember that name.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19810060/prospect-spotlight-cardinals-oscar-taveras-could-be-the-next-great-young-player
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM ]
Oscar Taveras

Remember that name.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19810060/prospect-spotlight-cardinals-oscar-taveras-could-be-the-next-great-young-player

"I've added more power this year. I'm really happy about the way I'm hitting the ball," Taveras said. "Everyone asks me where the power comes from, but I don't know. The power's coming and that's really good."

Steroids
Share 49ersWebzone