LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Will the NBA season get canceled?

Will the NBA season get canceled?

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I hope so. Kill the NBA

well atleast i dont have look at another warriors losing season.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
I doubt it. Players will cave in by sometime next month. We'll have another 50 game season.
I cant go another season without Rubio
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
I cant go another season without Rubio

lulz. Sorry Val. He FINALLY agrees and there's a lockout.

With your luck, he'll sign back on with his former team.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I'm leaning toward no. Owners and players agree to a 51/49 split in favor of the players, with a slightly more punitive luxury tax system and enhanced revenue sharing amongst the owners. Games start in January.

bruh, it aint going that way. The owners are serious on the split. The commish on Mike and Mike today said the players are stuck at 53% while the owners are set on 47%. That is a 6% difference. He blamed everything on the players and sounded like a real douche.

I hope I am wrong, but I think this is a loss.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

lol stephen a usually annoys me, but this was amusing. And true. Lebron is a joke.
Voted yes, don't really care, maybe this will teach them all a lesson.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
probably. like most of america i won't even notice until february. i think they need drastic changes though. other than the playoffs, its a s**tty overall product.
Originally posted by TX9R:
probably. like most of america i won't even notice until february. i think they need drastic changes though. other than the playoffs, its a s**tty overall product.

I watch 100% of every game of the playoffs and watch about 50% of the games once Feb starts but I really don't care if they lockout or not. It's a nice weekday filler but I wouldn't miss it at all.

NBA is highly over rating itself.

You may be right, Rubberneck. Your guess as to when it's gonna end is as good as mine. But in terms of what Stern says on a radio show, that's all political posturing.

Maybe the owners stay at 47%, but if they do, we're gonna miss this season and the players will decertify. The players have a very good argument for saying that the owners haven't negotiated in good faith.
Man, I totally forgot that the key components for the Spurs are like 50 years old. Oh well, let's see how long it takes to get new blood in.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
You may be right, Rubberneck The players have a very good argument for saying that the owners haven't negotiated in good faith.

Yea, word. Stern tried to say the owners proposed all three cap types and the players shot all of the down. He is trying to scare the players into agreeing is all... I am sure they know that. I would like to see 50-50 and call it good, the question becomes the cap type.

We will see the progress on Tuesday I guess.
NBA thinks its the NFL... lulz
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Yea, word. Stern tried to say the owners proposed all three cap types and the players shot all of the down. He is trying to scare the players into agreeing is all... I am sure they know that. I would like to see 50-50 and call it good, the question becomes the cap type.

We will see the progress on Tuesday I guess.

Stern's assertion that they've proposed various cap types is disingenuous, from what I understand. They've supposedly proposed a "soft" cap where the luxury tax was something like...

$1 for every $1 up to $5M over the cap
$2 for every $1 between $5M - $10M over the cap
$3 for every $1 between $10M - $15M over the cap

...and so on. That's a de facto hard cap, because no one's going to want to sign a $5M player if it's ultimately going to cost them $15M to do so.

The reason I'm so fervently on the players side on this is that I think the owners have acted dishonestly and are attempting to exploit the players. This is a system that's been in place for 28 years, they're enjoying record revenues, and yet they're claiming that they're broke? Total horsecrap. And in these negotiations, the only side that's given up anything has been the players. The owners haven't made a single concession.
Share 49ersWebzone