LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Will the NBA season get canceled?

Will the NBA season get canceled?

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Well the owners hijacked the meeting and straight up said either the players take 50/50 or we walk. The mediator was there, players, ended the meeting.

Now there are no meetings scheduled.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7127448/nba-lockout-talks-break-early-thursday-planned

"Asked whether the players would drop to 50 percent, Holt said he didn't think it was that big of a jump but that the union did.

He said the league would not go above 50 percent "as of today. But never say never on anything."

Hunter said Cleveland owner Dan Gilbert told players to trust that if they took the 50-50 split, the salary cap issues could be worked out.

Hunter's response?

"I can't trust your gut. I got to trust my own gut," he said. "There's no way in the world I'm going to trust your gut on whether or not you're going to be open and amenable to making the changes in the system that we think are necessary and appropriate."
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Oct 21, 2011 at 11:52 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Trust Dan Gilbert? LOL - The guy who offered max contract to James, only to trash him when he declined it. He is like Manny from Scarface.

"...b***h, lesbian"
  • Paul
  • Veteran
honestly does anyone give a s**t? I know I don't
I'm starting to think yes the longer this goes on. It's a shame. I will miss it.
I am so pissed off at the owners AND the players ..both sides are so damn greedy

I hope they cancel the whole f*cking season so the players and owners suffer financially and feel the wrath of the fans that pay money for tickets to the games, merchandise and NBA league pass ...they wont be getting my money for NBA league pass this season ...and I know I am not the only one.

But I do feel bad for bar owners and food joints that depend on the crowds for the games that keep their businesses going ..THEY are the ones that are truly suffering
[ Edited by NeeJ49er on Oct 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM ]
All November games canceled
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
The only thing I'm really going to miss about it is seeing the Kings' youngsters and newbies (JJ Hickson, Jimmer, Isiah Thomas) and see how they mesh. I want to see if Jimmer can drill those threes in the NBA, see if Cousins can check his attitude a bit more and step it up a notch on the court. See if Tyreke has improved his J. Etc.

But other than that I could give a f**k about the NBA right now. I want to see some idiot players scramble (guys dumb w/their money) now that they aren't going to get paychecks.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Don't care, lol
+1
Share 49ersWebzone