LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Danica Patrick will race in NASCAR full-time!

Originally posted by eamjr10:
NASCAR is very popular and I still have a hard time figuring out why. Obviously it's popular in the South but in the Midwest it's just as popular. I lived in Indiana for about 5 years and they are some NASCAR nuts, I live in Texas now and I still say the Midwest have more NASCAR fanatics than anyone I have met down here.

it's the last bastion of where white americans can go and drink beer all day, stay in an rv on the track and watch mostly american cars go around really fast
She's overrated, and honestly not that hot
I can't believe she gets this much publicity. She is cute but not that hot. She rarely wins and is not one of the best drivers. There are like 100 male drivers and only a very small handful of female drivers and only 1 who is even close to cute (Danica)...LOL. So by default and lack of others she gets all this publicity and money...
Kyle Busch is gonna is probably gonna wreck her a few times. Or is it Kurt that's the a*****e?
nascar is stupid
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Kyle Busch is gonna is probably gonna wreck her a few times. Or is it Kurt that's the a*****e?

They both are so either one probably would. Kyle is the one that gets the most negative attention though.
Mediocre talent, mediocre looks. She's only famous because she's the prettiest race car driver by default.
Why is there an exclamation point after the title of this thread. That implies that you are excited for this.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
ZOMG!!!!!

Oh wait... I forgot I don't care lol

She's nothing more than a marketing tool being used for an unpopular and boring-ass sport.

You do realize Nascar is more popular then the NBA and MLB right so to say its not popular is pretty ridiculous when theres always over 100K fans at every Sprint Cup race.

No way... Well I guess that's what I get for living on the West Coast where no one really gives a s**t about NASCAR. But I guess I can believe you since the south treats it like a religion.

I wana see those stats tho, that's pretty ridiculous.

In terms of tv ratings and stuff its 2nd behind the NFL and like I said they usually get 100K people at every race including the races in Fontana, CA, Vegas, and Sonama, CA so its a lot more popular on this side of the states now too.

I think it's easier to muster up ratings when you only do things on Sunday when people are at home anyway. Plus, they only have a handful of events each season. It's not like the NBA and MLB where they play during the day in the middle of the week and there are soooo many games people don't feel the need to catch every single one. There's a reason NFL, NBA, and MLB are called the Big Three.

• gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
This was me at SEMA in Las Vegas back in 2005... I look like s**t here, but oh well.

Wow! You're really short!
Over under on how many more wins she gets in her racing career: 1
Oh good, she'll continue to lose.
got to go where the money is. And junior might as well make money off her since he can't make money winning races.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Mediocre talent, mediocre looks. She's only famous because she's the prettiest race car driver by default.

I forgot mediocre sport.
Share 49ersWebzone