LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

Danica Patrick will race in NASCAR full-time!

Danica Patrick plans to run NASCAR full-time beginning next season? Good luck with that! She plans to race full-time in the Nationwide series for Jr Motorsports AND 8-9 Sprint Cup series races for Stewart-Haas Racing! An official announcement is expected next week.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/6871119/danica-patrick-moving-full-time-nascar-2012-sources-say
I hope it goes well for her next year. She has done pretty well this season in Nationwide and is driving a lot better then she was last year so I hope she keeps getting better cause it seems like she's kinda stuck in terms of her progress in Indycar right now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
isn't that what she always did?

i dont follow the dumb s**t
ZOMG!!!!!

Oh wait... I forgot I don't care lol

She's nothing more than a marketing tool being used for an unpopular and boring-ass sport.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
ZOMG!!!!!

She's nothing more than a marketing tool being used for an unpopular and boring-ass sport.

You do realize Nascar is more popular then the NBA and MLB right so to say its not popular is pretty ridiculous when theres always over 100K fans at every Sprint Cup race.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
ZOMG!!!!!

You do realize Nascar is more popular then the NBA and MLB right so to say its not popular is pretty ridiculous when theres always over 100K fans at every Sprint Cup race.

No way... Well I guess that's what I get for living on the West Coast where no one really gives a s**t about NASCAR. But I guess I can believe you since the south treats it like a religion.

I wana see those stats tho, that's pretty ridiculous.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ZOMG!!!!!

No way... Well I guess that's what I get for living on the West Coast where no one really gives a s**t about NASCAR. But I guess I can believe you since the south treats it like a religion.

Not just the west coast, bro
ZOMG!!!!!

In terms of tv ratings and stuff its 2nd behind the NFL and like I said they usually get 100K people at every race including the races in Fontana, CA, Vegas, and Sonama, CA so its a lot more popular on this side of the states now too.
Originally posted by jrg:
ZOMG!!!!!

what about the west coast?
She's going to fizzle out pretty quickly I believe. She never impressed me in any of her runnings, with her only luck being able to find a good partner to draft to the front at restrictor-plate tracks. And I also believe it to be a marketing ploy.

The one thing that makes me think she might have a chance, is the fact Tony Stewart has given her a nod of approval, which goes pretty far in my book.

We needed some pictures in here...
[ Edited by PTulini on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:44 PM ]
This was me at SEMA in Las Vegas back in 2005... I look like s**t here, but oh well.

ZOMG!!!!!

Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are from Cali.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
ZOMG!!!!!

Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon are from Cali.

funny how the 2 guys who arent from the south have dominated their sport for the last 20+ years now.
NASCAR is very popular and I still have a hard time figuring out why. Obviously it's popular in the South but in the Midwest it's just as popular. I lived in Indiana for about 5 years and they are some NASCAR nuts, I live in Texas now and I still say the Midwest have more NASCAR fanatics than anyone I have met down here.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Aug 18, 2011 at 12:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone