LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

2011 pac 12 football

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Some good games in Week 1 for the PAC, and some blowouts. LSU-Oregon the headlines with other good tests with UCLA v. Houston, Fresno St v. Cal, and Colorado at Hawaii.

Week 1 pics:
Utah over Montana State
ASU over UC-Davis
USC over Minnesota: I don't think Minnie is a push over, but this won't be close
UCLA over Houston: Case Keenum's first game post-injury. Last year Franklin went for 150 yards as Houston's pass offense struggled. I expect the same this year.
Oregon State over Sac State
Stanford over SJ State
Wash St over Idaho St
Wash over E. Wash
Fresno St over Cal: Look, Fresno State took down Cincinatti in game 1 last year and took Wisconsin to OT the year before, and beat Rutgers the year before that. Fresno St has a specialty in causing problems for BCS schools early on. Plus, Fresno St is getting the game at a friendly venue. I just look at this game and think Cal will put on a lack-luster performance while Fresno State has had this game marked on their calendar since January.
Oregon over LSU: I would have taken LSU before all the legal drama
Arizona over NAU
Colorado over Hawaii: Great test for Colorado's pass D early on, and their D will do enough to win behind a monster game by Rodney Stewart

So Pac-12 goes 11-1 and the only loss is my beloved Bears?
Originally posted by AC49er:
Some good games in Week 1 for the PAC, and some blowouts. LSU-Oregon the headlines with other good tests with UCLA v. Houston, Fresno St v. Cal, and Colorado at Hawaii.

Week 1 pics:
Utah over Montana State
ASU over UC-Davis
USC over Minnesota: I don't think Minnie is a push over, but this won't be close
UCLA over Houston: Case Keenum's first game post-injury. Last year Franklin went for 150 yards as Houston's pass offense struggled. I expect the same this year.
Oregon State over Sac State
Stanford over SJ State
Wash St over Idaho St
Wash over E. Wash
Fresno St over Cal: Look, Fresno State took down Cincinatti in game 1 last year and took Wisconsin to OT the year before, and beat Rutgers the year before that. Fresno St has a specialty in causing problems for BCS schools early on. Plus, Fresno St is getting the game at a friendly venue. I just look at this game and think Cal will put on a lack-luster performance while Fresno State has had this game marked on their calendar since January.
Oregon over LSU: I would have taken LSU before all the legal drama
Arizona over NAU
Colorado over Hawaii: Great test for Colorado's pass D early on, and their D will do enough to win behind a monster game by Rodney Stewart

So Pac-12 goes 11-1 and the only loss is my beloved Bears?

Fresno St is one helluva team that will bring it, Cal needs their A game to win. Its one of the teams a BCS team cringes at scheduling because its such a trap game where Fresno St has everything to prove.

UCLA/Colorado/Oregon are all possible losses. But Hawaii has had some issues (see Kolohe post) and I'm looking at how the respective teams matched up against their oponents last year (UCLA and Colorado won last year against their opponents fairly easily). I was going to take LSU without hesitation until their recent drama.

The other games in PAC-12 shouldn't be close unless you are going with a crazy upset.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Aug 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM ]
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

i dont think colorado wins a game this year

Oregon is going to ANNIHILATE them

Lol, I'm just happy they play at Stanford this year!

I'll be there

should be a hell of a game

going to a kegs and eggs party, then have a tailgate...might not make it into the game

kegs and EGGS?!

What, so your gonna do some keg stands and then eat raw eggs afterwards?

lol yeah you probably won't make it into the stadium because you'll be puking your brains out!

lol my friend, maybe what you pac-10 kids don't know is CU is ranked #1 in partying. We hold it down very well (maybe not classy) and the eggs will be cooked!

ranked? Ranking parties makes no sense whatsoever.

And its not about how much you drink, its about who you go home with.

lol its all jokes man! Us CU fans have nothing.... IM REACHING HERE poor niners, poor giants and poor CU
lol its all jokes man! Us CU fans have nothing.... IM REACHING HERE poor niners, poor giants and poor CU

My bad, now im an ass
I actually HAVE heard stuff about CU being a top party school

that being said, I do feel confident about Cal beating CU this season, even if it's on the road ...
  • Jiks

Originally posted by vrabbit:
I actually HAVE heard stuff about CU being a top party school

that being said, I do feel confident about Cal beating CU this season, even if it's on the road ...

i went to Berk last yr, it was sad... but we did party at some outdoor bar, that was 90% CU fans by halftime
  • Jiks
Football season begins tonight! Gonna see how much more comfortable Wynn is in a new pro-style offense Chow offense. Should suit him a lot better than the spread we've been running. Also curious to see how this line holds up. Been rittled with injury's since camp started. Huge question mark! On defense, our front line is one of the best in the country, and sprinkle in a little Matt Martinez, Chaz Walker and possible super star Brian Blechen in the LB roles we are more than ok in that aspect. Secondary is scary though. T.B.H not even sure who is starting there. 4 new guys. From what I have read/seen thus far there is plenty of athleticism but no experience. Will be watching them very closely. As far as our kicker, one has yet to be named. That alone is cause for major concern.

All in all just wanna see how this team performs tonight. Were with the big boys now and after this game USC is waiting for us. Can we somehow get to the Pac-12 championship game? I think we have a very small chance. But I expect around an 8-4 season with losses to USC, BYU, ASU, and either Cal or OSU knocks us off. Excited to be part of a real conference. Not sure what to expect, but I think being in the Pac-12 is going to be a tremendous difference from what I have witnessed in the past. No more Wyomings, CSU's, New Mexico's. Every week is now a big time game. Let the fun begin!

Go Utes!
Oh and get ready for another year of the "meanest man in college football"

He actually worked out this summer which is the first time he has ever done that, lol. He said when he played Wisconsin he realized he needed to work out more to deal with NFL level O-lineman.

He plays reckless and will draw some flags, but personally I can live with it. I don't think he ever plays dirty (no intent to injure).

Most exciting ASU player I've ever seen (with our sophmore RB Deantre Lewis the 2nd most exciting, but no word if he will play. He was shot in the ass, no joke, lol. Hasn't fully recovered from nerve damage to his hammy).

I honestly don't think Burfict has even tapped into his potential yet, he plays on raw skill. If Burfcit becomes a workout warrior (like how insane P-Willy is), he could really be something great at the next level.
Burfict's 2011 debut came on a stage 100 yards long and 53 yards wide. That alone has been enough in the past to unearth the tempest in the talented junior. In a 48-14 ASU victory over UC-Davis, however, Burfict was everything the Sun Devils hoped he would be when he joined this program in 2008.

Relentless. Fearless. Dominating. And in control.

Three sacks. Zero penalties. It was a big-time performance by a big-time player.

HE IS A FREAKIN BEAST
Sac State just beat Oregon State. BIG SKY CONFERENCE REPRESENT!!!

whats up with this Pac-16 in discussion. might as well get a 24-Pac
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Its about money. Getting Texas into the PAC means $$$ for all teams through TV deals.

It will also set up playoffs with more push to 4 super conferences (Big 10, SEC, PAC, and then ACC and Big East combine)

Its about money. Getting Texas into the PAC means $$$ for all teams through TV deals.

It will also set up playoffs with more push to 4 super conferences (Big 10, SEC, PAC, and then ACC and Big East combine)

I'd hate to see that, even at the cost of playoffs. I love how the PAC is completely about west coast teams, and especially Californian ones. Adding more teams would completely shift the focus to me.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I'd hate to see that, even at the cost of playoffs. I love how the PAC is completely about west coast teams, and especially Californian ones. Adding more teams would completely shift the focus to me.

If the Sec goes to 14, expect others to do the same. So you can stay coastal and be irrelevant or just have a coastal division in a giant conference and compete.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

If the Sec goes to 14, expect others to do the same. So you can stay coastal and be irrelevant or just have a coastal division in a giant conference and compete.

Then I'd rather stay irrelevant, and keep the charm the Pac 10 had. I don't want Texas teams and the ESPN hype train ruining what I enjoyed about my conference.
Share 49ersWebzone