There are 173 users in the forums

2011 pac 12 football

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Then I'd rather stay irrelevant, and keep the charm the Pac 10 had. I don't want Texas teams and the ESPN hype train ruining what I enjoyed about my conference.

I feel the same way, but from the Texas perspective. It sucks, but i get it. We're going to lose pretty much all our traditional rivals. You have nothing to worry about, all the Cali teams will be grouped in one division and the traditions will continue. It will basically be the same pac10, then a champ game for you.
Meanwhile the other side will be Texas, OU, and likely the AZ teams and whoever else. I can't beleive a nothing program like A&M caused this because they have a 100 year inferiority complex. Maybe we get a playoff, but it sucks that the teams I grew up hating won't matter a lick to my son and he'll have to give a s**t about west coast teams he'll likely never go see play.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Then I'd rather stay irrelevant, and keep the charm the Pac 10 had. I don't want Texas teams and the ESPN hype train ruining what I enjoyed about my conference.

I feel the same way, but from the Texas perspective. It sucks, but i get it. We're going to lose pretty much all our traditional rivals. You have nothing to worry about, all the Cali teams will be grouped in one division and the traditions will continue. It will basically be the same pac10, then a champ game for you.

Meanwhile the other side will be Texas, OU, and likely the AZ teams and whoever else. I can't beleive a nothing program like A&M caused this because they have a 100 year inferiority complex. Maybe we get a playoff, but it sucks that the teams I grew up hating won't matter a lick to my son and he'll have to give a s**t about west coast teams he'll likely never go see play.

Yeah, I know they'd be in the same division, but I feel it lessens even more so the importance of teams like Cal who are just so so. The talk would be all about the former Big 12 teams and USC, while the rest of the original members would be left to wallow in a division of a conference that wouldn't care about them. That, and the thought of a team like Oklahoma representing the PAC in the Rose Bowl absolutely disgusts me.

All this merging crap is ruining tradition, and I feel for you on that end. Too bad all that is brushed aside when it comes to money.
damn, I did pretty bad with my picks. Thankfully the only game I put money on was Boise State over Georgia.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
damn, I did pretty bad with my picks. Thankfully the only game I put money on was Boise State over Georgia.

Well to your credit, Colorado's pass defense did pretty good, they dropped two picks, but the receivers also helped them out by dropping a lot of balls. I didn't think Moniz could rush for 3 TD, very un-Moniz-like.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Well to your credit, Colorado's pass defense did pretty good, they dropped two picks, but the receivers also helped them out by dropping a lot of balls. I didn't think Moniz could rush for 3 TD, very un-Moniz-like.

yeah that was surprising. he is one athletic guy, he can definately get up and run. hawaii looks like they are in for a good year
Originally posted by TX9R:

That's funny. Is your son ever gonna be able to see the 49ers play?
7-5 last week....ouch. Guess I don't know my football!

Oklahoma State over Arizona - This should be a fun game, total shoot out. I expect Foles to keep it closer than he did in the bowl game.
Arizona State over Mizzou - Mizzou is banged up on their O and D line
Wisconsin over Oregon St - Wisconsin has a great team this year
Oregon over Nevada
Stanford over Duke
California over Colorado - Colorado gave up quite a few sacks against Hawaii, and now they face Tedford's 3-4
Hawaii over Washington - The Huskies looked pretty flat against Eastern Washington
Washington State over UNLV - Wash St gets no love, but I think their passing game will be pretty potent this year
USC over Utah - Trojans looked bad in week 1 action and had little production outside Woods. But Utah put up a whopping 100 yards in the air against Montana State...
UCLA over SJ State
  • Jiks
It's a bright new day! Big day for my Utes as we are welcomed into the Pac-12 with a huge match-up against USC. I really do not know what to expect, but I think if Wynn can get some confidence in his shoulder we have an alright chance. Our defense is pretty good with the questions being in the secondary. Once again look out for Brian Blechen. Resembles Taylor Mays as far as speed, structure and hitting action goes but unlike Mays he can also cover and move. Speaking of Mays, Blechen was also a top conference safety last year as a true freshmen. But Whittingham has switched him to LB this year to better suit his growing body. Something Mays could have benefited from. He had 2 picks in his debut at LB. I think he'll be right there with Burfict for best LB in the country once he finds his home.

If I would have to pick I would say USC wins. But with the defense we have, if the offense can get some momentum and score some points it could come down to the end. It all depends on #3 and if he's really healthy or not.

Good Luck USC
Go Utes!!!
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
It's a bright new day! Big day for my Utes as we are welcomed into the Pac-12 with a huge match-up against USC. I really do not know what to expect, but I think if Wynn can get some confidence in his shoulder we have an alright chance. Our defense is pretty good with the questions being in the secondary. Once again look out for Brian Blechen. Resembles Taylor Mays as far as speed, structure and hitting action goes but unlike Mays he can also cover and move. Speaking of Mays, Blechen was also a top conference safety last year as a true freshmen. But Whittingham has switched him to LB this year to better suit his growing body. Something Mays could have benefited from. He had 2 picks in his debut at LB. I think he'll be right there with Burfict for best LB in the country once he finds his home.

If I would have to pick I would say USC wins. But with the defense we have, if the offense can get some momentum and score some points it could come down to the end. It all depends on #3 and if he's really healthy or not.

Good Luck USC
Go Utes!!!

YOU GONNA GET RAPED
  • Jiks
Originally posted by vrabbit:

YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Dude eats bees for a living...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700168488/Utah-Utes-football-notebook-Brian-Blechen-stung-by-a-bee-on-opening-day-of-camp.html
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM ]

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

YOU GONNA GET RAPED

Dude eats bees for a living...
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700168488/Utah-Utes-football-notebook-Brian-Blechen-stung-by-a-bee-on-opening-day-of-camp.html

Woods won't be coming in the middle, he'll be running 9 routes
GO BUFFS!
Wow Oregon St. looked horrible! Way to represent Beavers!
Luck almost pulled an Alex fumble
Jiks props to your boys regardless of the outcome of this game
Share 49ersWebzone