LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

2011 pac 12 football

lmao Cal fans?? Are you guys going to let Fresno State out sell you in your own backyard???

http://pacmail.em.marketinghq.net/functions/message_view.html?mid=186370&mlid=80&siteid=2008000078&uid=f484614abd&hq_e=el&hq_m=186370&hq_l=1&hq_v=f484614abd

Cal Fans,
The 2011 Cal Football season is just two weeks away as your Golden Bears kickoff on Saturday, September 3rd versus Fresno State. While our football players and coaches continue to work hard in preparation to take the field, I want to reach out to our loyal and passionate fan base to encourage you to support the team and fill the stands with Blue and Gold on opening day.
Due to California Memorial Stadium undergoing its renovation and retrofit, the 2011 season is going to be a unique year for Cal Football as we make San Francisco Bear Territory and AT&T Park our home field. In addition to AT&T, we also have the unique opportunity to play a "neutral site" game at Candlestick Park on September 3rd versus Fresno State. As a neutral site game the ticket prices, opponent and venue are determined by the outside promoters. We accepted this game as one more opportunity to ensure our Bay Area fans get to see Cal Football this fall.
With the game quickly approaching and Fresno State expected to bring a large crowd, we need your support so our football team and student-athletes feel the advantage of a "home field." Your attendance will not only create that home field advantage for our football team, but will also help support student-athletes for all 29 programs. In order to earn our revenue guarantee, we need to sell our allotment of tickets directly from the Cal Athletic Ticket Office (purchasing through other sites like Ticketmaster or StubHub does not qualify toward our guarantee). To date, we have not met our goal and currently trail Fresno State in tickets sold, however, we still have some of the best seats available in the Cal section along the sideline. I am challenging our Cal community to surpass Fresno State for fan support in attendance and tickets sold. I just can't imagine that our community would allow Fresno to come to the Bay Area and out number us at Candlestick Park on September 3rd. I know we won't let that be the case.
I look forward to seeing the Blue and Gold in the stands the first Saturday of September at Candlestick Park. Thank you to our fans that have already ordered their tickets - I encourage you to ask your friends to join us for a great day of Cal Football. For fans that have not purchased their tickets, I encourage you to buy directly from the Cal Athletics Ticket Office at (800) GO BEARS or online at CalBears.com. Not only will you be sitting and cheering amongst Cal fans, your purchase will directly benefit Cal student-athletes.
Thank you for your passion for Cal Football and Go Bears!
Don't care. I would never drive to candlestick to watch Cal. Niners, yes, but the Bears and against the Bulldogs of all teams? f**k no.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Don't care. I would never drive to candlestick to watch Cal. Niners, yes, but the Bears and against the Bulldogs of all teams? f**k no.

Sounds like you aren't the only one.

Cal fans should outnumber Fresno fans 6-1 at a game like this.
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Sounds like you aren't the only one. Cal fans should outnumber Fresno fans 6-1 at a game like this.
I think it has a lot to do with the students. It's not easy to go in and out of candlestick versus using BART to get to AT&T, or just walking to memorial stadium. It'd be a whole day experience, so probably the only ones who'd want to go to this game are hardcore alumni. Bulldogs fans are probably more hardcore, and based from my experience, Cal students prioritize things differently. I still think they'll outnumber the fresno fans, just not by much.
Sounds like you aren't the only one. Cal fans should outnumber Fresno fans 6-1 at a game like this.
I think it has a lot to do with the students. It's not easy to go in and out of candlestick versus using BART to get to AT&T, or just walking to memorial stadium. It'd be a whole day experience, so probably the only ones who'd want to go to this game are hardcore alumni. Bulldogs fans are probably more hardcore, and based from my experience, Cal students prioritize things differently. I still think they'll outnumber the fresno fans, just not by much.
I also think that the Cal Athletic Department made a huge mistake by making this a "neutral site" game rather than rolling it into the season ticket package.

If I shelled out for season tickets this year at AT&T Park, I would be pissed as hell at having to pay again to see a game at the Stick.

I also think that the Cal Athletic Department made a huge mistake by making this a "neutral site" game rather than rolling it into the season ticket package.

If I shelled out for season tickets this year at AT&T Park, I would be pissed as hell at having to pay again to see a game at the Stick.

Yup, I'd agree with that too. Cal's athletic department isn't the brightest of bunch after all. I'm sure doing this saved them money, which is the only thing they seem to care about.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by maximill15:

i dont think colorado wins a game this year

Oregon is going to ANNIHILATE them

Lol, I'm just happy they play at Stanford this year!

I'll be there

should be a hell of a game

going to a kegs and eggs party, then have a tailgate...might not make it into the game

I'll be there

going to a kegs and eggs party, then have a tailgate...might not make it into the game

kegs and EGGS?!

What, so your gonna do some keg stands and then eat raw eggs afterwards?

lol yeah you probably won't make it into the stadium because you'll be puking your brains out!
  • Jiks
3 more days!!!

Some good games in Week 1 for the PAC, and some blowouts. LSU-Oregon the headlines with other good tests with UCLA v. Houston, Fresno St v. Cal, and Colorado at Hawaii.

Week 1 pics:
Utah over Montana State
ASU over UC-Davis
USC over Minnesota: I don't think Minnie is a push over, but this won't be close
UCLA over Houston: Case Keenum's first game post-injury. Last year Franklin went for 150 yards as Houston's pass offense struggled. I expect the same this year.
Oregon State over Sac State
Stanford over SJ State
Wash St over Idaho St
Wash over E. Wash
Fresno St over Cal: Look, Fresno State took down Cincinatti in game 1 last year and took Wisconsin to OT the year before, and beat Rutgers the year before that. Fresno St has a specialty in causing problems for BCS schools early on. Plus, Fresno St is getting the game at a friendly venue. I just look at this game and think Cal will put on a lack-luster performance while Fresno State has had this game marked on their calendar since January.
Oregon over LSU: I would have taken LSU before all the legal drama
Arizona over NAU
Colorado over Hawaii: Great test for Colorado's pass D early on, and their D will do enough to win behind a monster game by Rodney Stewart

it was stupid to make it a neutral site game

Why the f**k for?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Some good games in Week 1 for the PAC, and some blowouts. LSU-Oregon the headlines with other good tests with UCLA v. Houston, Fresno St v. Cal, and Colorado at Hawaii.

Week 1 pics:
Utah over Montana State
ASU over UC-Davis
USC over Minnesota: I don't think Minnie is a push over, but this won't be close
UCLA over Houston: Case Keenum's first game post-injury. Last year Franklin went for 150 yards as Houston's pass offense struggled. I expect the same this year.
Oregon State over Sac State
Stanford over SJ State
Wash St over Idaho St
Wash over E. Wash
Fresno St over Cal: Look, Fresno State took down Cincinatti in game 1 last year and took Wisconsin to OT the year before, and beat Rutgers the year before that. Fresno St has a specialty in causing problems for BCS schools early on. Plus, Fresno St is getting the game at a friendly venue. I just look at this game and think Cal will put on a lack-luster performance while Fresno State has had this game marked on their calendar since January.
Oregon over LSU: I would have taken LSU before all the legal drama
Arizona over NAU
Colorado over Hawaii: Great test for Colorado's pass D early on, and their D will do enough to win behind a monster game by Rodney Stewart

Well their Pass D just got a boost, our #2 WO has been suspended for fighting. And our second best LB was also suspended for the same thing. That frickin sucks.
I won't lie, I'm not confident that we'll beat Fresno.

For Cal this season is ALL about how Maynard performs, he'll have a tough test starting off, and I'll put a lot more weight on this game the next 2 games vs FCS schools

I'll be there

kegs and EGGS?!

lol yeah you probably won't make it into the stadium because you'll be puking your brains out!

lol my friend, maybe what you pac-10 kids don't know is CU is ranked #1 in partying. We hold it down very well (maybe not classy) and the eggs will be cooked!

I'll be there

kegs and EGGS?!

lol my friend, maybe what you pac-10 kids don't know is CU is ranked #1 in partying. We hold it down very well (maybe not classy) and the eggs will be cooked!

ranked? Ranking parties makes no sense whatsoever.

And its not about how much you drink, its about who you go home with.
Share 49ersWebzone