There are 114 users in the forums

Not a member? Register Now!

VIDEO: Dodger Victim Brian Stow in Pre-Beating Confrontation

Key witness in Bryan Stow beating dies unexpectedly

A key witness in the beating case of Giants fan Bryan Stow at Dodger Stadium died suddenly, apparently of an allergic food reaction.

According to law enforcement sources familiar with the case, Matthew Lee died Sunday after eating a salad that apparently contained nuts, which caused the allergic reaction. The coroner has not determined a cause of death, however.

Stow and Lee went to the Dodgers' home opener together with a group of friends.

It's unclear how this will affect the case against Stow's alleged attackers, but the sources said Lee was an important witness.

However, officials have said they have physical evidence in addition to the evidence provided by eyewitnesses to the beating.

Los Angeles police detectives said Monday they were trying to find additional Giants fans from the Bay Area who were assaulted by the suspects.

The request came as one of the suspects, Louie Sanchez, sought to have his bail reduced. A hearing on that request was postponed until Aug. 10.

Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Norwood, 30, both of Rialto, have been charged with assault and mayhem in connection with the Stow beating on opening day. Sanchez has also been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery on two additional suspects.

The two made their first court appearance Monday, standing in a cage about 40 feet apart in front of a packed room. Their arraignments were postponed until Aug. 10.
Police sources said evidence against the men included cellphone records and photos that placed them at the game.
They also were implicated by Dorene Sanchez, Norwood's long-term partner and Louie Sanchez's sister, the sources said.


Wow, it's getting very suspicious now...
suspicious?? He ate nuts which he was allergic to.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
suspicious?? He ate nuts which he was allergic to.

Now a days you never know man...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,398
Originally posted by VDSF:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
suspicious?? He ate nuts which he was allergic to.

Now a days you never know man...

So Hitmen are resorting to killing people with walnuts and peanuts....................Cmon man!!
thats a preventable thing to die from use benadryal, ask first whats inside the food. have friends around to call paramedics and use common sense.

[ Edited by stunder49 on Aug 1, 2011 at 17:22:55 ]

Y'all are nuts
I almost thought it said Stow died unexpectedly and then I almost had a sad.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

Y'all are nuts

Bryan Stow Improving

Bryan Stow, the Giants fan who suffered brain damage after being severely beaten at Dodger Stadium on March 31, is responding to more commands and lifting his arms and legs, according to his family.

On their website, the family said Stow has been "more alert and responsive" in the last week.
"He lifted his left leg slightly when asked, he raised his left arm everytime we asked if we could hold his hand," they wrote.
The family recounted a time this week when his sister, Bonnie Stow, asked the paramedic if she could kiss him. "He puckered his lips. The final time when she was leaving, Bonnie asked again for a kiss. Bry turned his head towards her, puckered his lips for the kiss, then turned his head back," the family wrote. "The nurse was shocked and excited to see that!"

Stow is at a San Francisco hospital receiving treatment. Doctors said they were still trying to determine his level of brain damage.

Bryan Stow beating suspects plead not guilty

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The two men accused of brutally beating a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium pleaded not guilty on Wednesday.

The judge ordered Marvin Norwood, 30, and Louie Sanchez, 29, held in lieu of $500,000 bail each, pending a preliminary hearing on Sept. 30. Defense attorney Gilbert Quinones, who represents Sanchez, withdrew a scheduled bail-reduction motion for his client.

Prosecutors say the suspects severely beat up Bryan Stowon opening day in the Dodger Stadium parking lot. Norwood and Sanchez were charged with one count each of mayhem, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury and battery with serious bodily injury, all of which are felonies. Police have portrayed Sanchez as leading the assault on March 31 after they said he and Norwood randomly lashed out at Giants fans.

Stow, a 42-year-old Santa Cruz paramedic and a father of two, is recovering from severe brain injuries and remains in serious condition in a San Francisco hospital.

Prosecutors feel strongly that they have a case against the two suspects, even though it was revealed Wednesday that out of 20 witnesses only one of them could positively identify Sanchez in a line up and none were able to identify Norwood.

Deputy District Attorney Frank Santoro said in court that the case was not based on witness identifications but on admissions by both men, claiming both defendants have made incriminating statements while in lockup and in police interviews.
Prosecutors say Sanchez's sister, Dorene, who has been arrested as an accessory in the case, testified in front of a grand jury. But those transcripts have been sealed.

In their second court appearance, Sanchez and Norwood remained handcuffed and kept separated. They did not look at each other and spoke only through their lawyers.

Sanchez faces a maximum of nine years in prison if convicted, while Norwood would face up to eight years behind bars, according to prosecutors.