LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

College Football 2011 Thread

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Imagine if the Niners finish with a better record than Green Bay yet immediately after the regular season the Packers play the Patriots in the Super Bowl because the computers say the Pack is better than SF.

I think we can all agree not having a playoff is painfully stupid.

I will not watch an all SEC national championship .
lol this lol

Agreed. The system has major flaws.
You know this will be the ranking...

1 LSU
2 Alabama
3 Arkansas

2 boring ass teams and one that is about to get exposed (although I hope they win) in Arkansas

This college football season has shown that football is all about MATCHUPS. Ex: Stanford beats USC, USC beats Oregon, Oregon blows out Stanford.
[ Edited by aman49 on Nov 20, 2011 at 1:38 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
WTF was this Super Underdog weekend!!!!

did you lose some serious money?

semi-serious.

Hawaii - $340 w/juice

Oklahoma - $240 w/juice

Stanford - $240 w/juice

Utah - $120 w/juice

What in the f*** just happen to me tonight, worst college night evar!!!!!
semi-serious.

Hawaii - $340 w/juice

Oklahoma - $240 w/juice

Stanford - $240 w/juice

Utah - $120 w/juice

Rule # 203 - Do not bet against RG3 under any circumstances
Originally posted by vrabbit:
WTF was this Super Underdog weekend!!!!

did you lose some serious money?

semi-serious.

Hawaii - $340 w/juice

Oklahoma - $240 w/juice

Stanford - $240 w/juice

Utah - $120 w/juice

ouch
  • Paul
  • Veteran

End Thread
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Anyone hating on the SEC is just jealous. The top teams there are clearly the best because they get tougher playing tougher competition. I would have no problem with an all SEC NCG, why wouldn't you want to see the 2 best teams, who cares if they're in the same conference. I haven't seen any of the other top teams in other conference that could hang.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Anyone hating on the SEC is just jealous. The top teams there are clearly the best because they get tougher playing tougher competition. I would have no problem with an all SEC NCG, why wouldn't you want to see the 2 best teams, who cares if they're in the same conference. I haven't seen any of the other top teams in other conference that could hang.

You can't be the National Champ in my book if there's another team out there with a better record that you never played. Also it's hard to be the Nat'l Champ in my book if failed to win your own conference
You can't be the National Champ in my book if there's another team out there with a better record that you never played. Also it's hard to be the Nat'l Champ in my book if failed to win your own conference

Right now, I agree with the 1, 2, 3 ranking. I mean those 3 teams have done the best job week in and week out against tought competition. Although, IMO the bottom teams of the SEC are VERY weak this year compared to years past. IMO, the SEC has 4-5 really good teams (LSU, bama, ark, georgia, south carolina), and the rest is kind of crap.

My question is, what happens if LSU beats arkansas and loses to Georgia in the SEC championship game? Send Alabama to NCG when they weren't even in their own conference's title game? And who do they play? Ok St? V-Tech? Stanford who also won't win their conference?

Playoffs would just make so much sense...

I'm hoping LSU beats Arkansas, loses to Georgia in SEC championship game. Then V-Tech loses one of their last 2 games and Ok State loses to Oklahoma. That would set up an Alabama vs. Stanford NCG game, when neither team even made it to their conference's title game

In that scenario, it would make conferences totally irrelevant aside from scheduling purposes.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Nov 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM ]
Question: who's your Heisman top 3 or 5 at the moment?

another question: anyone else bothered that Okie State only fell to NUMBER 4 after losing to freaking IOWA STATE?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

That's crap. A 1 loss team in the SEC has accomplished more than and undefeated MAC team. Especially playing in a division, not a conference that has the 1, 2, and 3 team in the country. The system sucks, but as it stands the 2 best teams are LSU and Bama and no one else is really close. They should play each other.

The SEC has the best coaches, best Defenses, is the deepest conference, and their teams are more battle tested, and probably deserve to be ranked as high as they are. It's no doubt in my mind the premier conference in the NCAA right now.

...but football isn't played on paper. yeah i want to see the two best teams play, but i also want to see upsets, i want to see a "cinderella" team at least have the opportunity win the championship. the BCS leaves the fans every year wondering "what if."

never gonna happen though. there's too much $$$ going around to have this system removed.
I didn't see this posted anywhere, crazy catch by Baylor in the upset versus Oklahoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKUQ-6izc0s
How the f**k does Ok St. fall so little after losing to a nobody, yet Stanford lost to the #4 team at the time and fell all the way to 10.

I hope LSU loses to Ark and then it will be really interesting to see what happens.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
How the f**k does Ok St. fall so little after losing to a nobody, yet Stanford lost to the #4 team at the time and fell all the way to 10.

I hope LSU loses to Ark and then it will be really interesting to see what happens.

exactly what I asked a few posts ago
Originally posted by SportsFan:

People in the South/East/Midwest/everywhere other than the West don't watch the Pac-12. When I say people, that includes those who vote in the polls.
[ Edited by aman49 on Nov 21, 2011 at 7:08 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone