There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tour de France 2011

Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Voeckler had a real good tour. 2 out of 3 of the best young riders are also French. So maybe for the first time in a long time French riding is up and coming. They have some guys who in the future may contend. I was really impressed with Voecker. I didn't think he would hold the lead for that long.

He sure did, considering the factor that he is not a real climber. Here is Team Radioshak's analysis of Stage 20:

http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/news_fresh-brew-tour-de-france-stage-20-analysis-the-race-truth/

A good analysis.
I know it's over for all intensive purposes. But I really like that ride into Paris on the last day. It's so picturesque. Such a beautiful city. And they are drinking champagne an celebrating and stuff. It's just a fun day for the sport I think. And at the end the sprinters really fight hard because everbody wants to win that stage on Champs Elysees. It's a little underrated day IMO. I like the podium celebrations and trophies too and all the interviews. If you watch it you have to see it through to the end to get the full effect IMO.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 23, 2011 at 8:26 PM ]
Cavendish is unbelievable in the sprinter stage wins. Congratulations to Cadel Evans and Andy Schleck and Frank Schleck.
Cavendish is unbelievable in the sprinter stage wins.

Originally posted by redrose49er:

He crashed his bike or had a mechanical problem and still caught up to the main field and still broke away to win. That's incredible. I thought with the problem he couldn't overcome it.

Did you go? Paris is not far for you.

He crashed his bike or had a mechanical problem and still caught up to the main field and still broke away to win. That's incredible. I thought with the problem he couldn't overcome it.

I have a feeling the bike change was deliberate, straight after the intermediate sprint, Eisel next to him, no panic, straight on the deep rims.

Didn't go to Paris, was there last year, fantastic atmosphere. Got to stages 10 and 11, hopefully the word at the start of 11 inspired him to the Green

I have a feeling the bike change was deliberate, straight after the intermediate sprint, Eisel next to him, no panic, straight on the deep rims.

Didn't go to Paris, was there last year, fantastic atmosphere. Got to stages 10 and 11, hopefully the word at the start of 11 inspired him to the Green

What is it like on Champs Elysees on that last day? It must be really crowded and crazy. I imagine you have to arrive really early to get a good viewing spot.
Missed the last stage. Stuck in SFO. Who won the sprint today?
Originally posted by 190836:
Missed the last stage. Stuck in SFO. Who won the sprint today?

Cavendish of course.

What is it like on Champs Elysees on that last day? It must be really crowded and crazy. I imagine you have to arrive really early to get a good viewing spot.

Got to the barrier at 10am, 7 hours without moving, worth every minute