There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tour de France 2011

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by redrose49er:
Evans must be favourite now, TT to come, 57 seconds down

Andy Schleck is sitting pretty good too. He's improved his time trialing. He can win.

Evans can easily gain the time needed to take yellow in the 42+ kms tomorrow. Not out of the question that Contador displaces one of the Schlecks from the podium with a scorching ride tomorrow.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Andy Schleck is sitting pretty good too. He's improved his time trialing. He can win.

Evans can easily gain the time needed to take yellow in the 42+ kms tomorrow. Not out of the question that Contador displaces one of the Schlecks from the podium with a scorching ride tomorrow.

He has to makeup 3 plus minutes to do that. I don't think that's possible. I think Schleck is going to win the tour by a hair over Evans.
Who cares.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

I don't think there is any way Contador can win this. He is multiple minutes back. I'd say Andy Schleck (1), Cadel Evans (2), Frank Schleck (3). That's my podium at this point. I think that is how it will shake out.
1 Evans
2 Andy
3 Frank
4 Contador
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
1 Evans
2 Andy
3 Frank
4 Contador

I like that order.

Will Cavendish win the Sprint title after losing 20 points in the mountains for finishing outside the time classification?
1 Evans
2 Andy
3 Frank
4 Contador

I like it. Evans deserves it.
Originally posted by BigRon:
Will Cavendish win the Sprint title after losing 20 points in the mountains for finishing outside the time classification?

He still leads Rojas by 15 points, Rojas must beat Cav plus some help, doubtful
1) Cadel Evans
2) Andy Schleck
3) Frank Schleck

A great Tour De France. IMO Andy Schleck waited way too long to attack. He attacked on day 18. Why wait so long? There were lots of moutain stages before that. He needed a bigger margin between him and Evans at the end. Incredible tour for Cadel Evans. Congratulations to him.

I'm starting to think Andy Schleck is more of a #2 guy. His time trialing isn't good enough to win. Congratulations to Andy and Frank.

Congratulations to Cavendish who was awesome again as a sprinter.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
I hope Cadel Evans wins it this year. Contador is all but done after the two falls today and yesterday.

I hope Tyler Farrer to win the sprints.

one out of two.
LOL. In the past I remember this thread getting a lot bigger. What happened? 4 pages?... It was much bigger in past years? Lance effect?
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
LOL. In the past I remember this thread getting a lot bigger. What happened? 4 pages?... It was much bigger in past years? Lance effect?

I am sure that has a lot to do with it. Also the fact that Contador is not a Champion that is liked by the general public but not hated either.

I am sure that has a lot to do with it. Also the fact that Contador is not a Champion that is liked by the general public but not hated either.

Probably.
Voeckler had a real good tour. 2 out of 3 of the best young riders are also French. So maybe for the first time in a long time French riding is up and coming. They have some guys who in the future may contend. I was really impressed with Voecker. I didn't think he would hold the lead for that long.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jul 23, 2011 at 3:08 PM ]
Voeckler had a real good tour. 2 out of 3 of the best young riders are also French. So maybe for the first time in a long time French riding is up and coming. They have some guys who in the future may contend. I was really impressed with Voecker. I didn't think he would hold the lead for that long.

He sure did, considering the factor that he is not a real climber. Here is Team Radioshak's analysis of Stage 20:

http://www.livestrong.com/teamradioshack/news_fresh-brew-tour-de-france-stage-20-analysis-the-race-truth/