LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Dirk defeats "Ghetto basketball". German press... racist?

dirk first white mvp since larry bird ][/url]

[ Edited by DertyDonahue on Jun 17, 2011 at 15:12:07 ]
people are too sensitive.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

idk bro. the caricature of black NBA players in this article is prrrretttttty offensive. since i can't read German, idk how accurate the translation is, maybe we can get that one dudes German GF to translate the article for us.

Yes people are too sensitive. We have turned into a country of wooooosssieees. But if you want to say team basketball beat individual stars I think that would be accuarte. Overall it was the incredible shooting of Dallas that won. There was some choking on Miami in particular Lebron. Nevertheless I dont' think it would have mattered. Dallas was shooting out of their minds and that's how they won.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DertyDonahue:

idk bro. the caricature of black NBA players in this article is prrrretttttty offensive. since i can't read German, idk how accurate the translation is, maybe we can get that one dudes German GF to translate the article for us.

I can see why it can come off as offensive, but likes its already been mentioned in this thread, with the whole translation thing its hard to know what they meant by "ghetto" and if it translates the same.
Non story.

It's the German press who cares. His conclusions are pretty dumb too. That series had high ratings because people wanted to watch Miami not Dallas. Sure they watching to see him lose, but it had little to do with Dallas having a white superstar or even the team concept. They just wanting to see the Heatles lose. Ratings for the playoffs and this season in general have been up. Say what you want about the big 3 Americans can't get enough them.

Dirk was in the finals in 06 too and that series ratings weren't anything to brag about.
I think its just a case of a German reporter being out of touch what's going on in America. I think he's pretty much assuming that if there was no dress code in the NBA players would still be wearing bagging jeans, jerseys, big baseball caps (basically what was in fashion between 2000-2005, and when street ball was probably getting its most publicity in the main stream ever.

I could be wrong, I feel weird trying to justify this, but my best bet it was just an out of touch reporter.
''Dirk defeated zee negra ball.''
wow. i can't believe the brushing aside of things culturally relevant. maybe people only read the hyperlink? am i too sensitive? wtf?

I think its just a case of a German reporter being out of touch what's going on in America. I think he's pretty much assuming that if there was no dress code in the NBA players would still be wearing bagging jeans, jerseys, big baseball caps (basically what was in fashion between 2000-2005, and when street ball was probably getting its most publicity in the main stream ever.

I could be wrong, I feel weird trying to justify this, but my best bet it was just an out of touch reporter.

double post - but whatever.

i think out of touch is appropriate, but man... this is WAY out of touch.
Its pretty close to offensive, but eh.. what can you expect from naziland.
the warriors play ghetto basketball

its known as nellie ball
Germany is awesome

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
''Dirk defeated zee negra ball.''

Share 49ersWebzone