LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Best NBA team of all-time?

I wish we could redo that All time NBA draft or whatever, except with a way shorter season and 2/3 game series for playoffs. I know thats kind of off topic, but just a random thought I had.

Anyway, my vote goes to the 72-10 bulls.
96 Bulls could not be stopped
Originally posted by Joecool:
If this Heat team gets this series in 5, would you guys consider them one of the all time teams?

1. 1st year of revamped roster
2. Beat some very tough defensive teams and talented teams in 5 games (Boston/CHI)
3. Would beat Dallas in 5, a team that nearly dominated the West in the playoffs and appeared unbeatable. Has held them to under 90 per game.

I really don't see an all-time great team this Heat team would struggle against. Their offense isn't the greatest, but they an really lock teams down. The Wade/James vs. Jordan/Pippen matchup would be insane.

The Kobe/Shaq matchup would probably be the most difficult but they have surprisingly done well against solid rebounding teams.

No
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Is it the:
'95-'96 Chicago Bulls
'85-'86 Boston Celtics
That Laker team (I forgot which one) that won 30+ in a row or something
'86-'87 Los Angeles Lakers
Today's Miami Heat
One of the '60's Celtics teams
Or somebody else

Yeah f**king right. Not even close to being worth a s**t. It's an insult to these teams mentioned above
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Is it the:
'95-'96 Chicago Bulls
'85-'86 Boston Celtics
Today's Miami Heat
Or somebody else

Yeah f**king right. Not even close to being worth a s**t. It's an insult to these teams mentioned above

Lol, tell us how you really feel. They weren't THAT bad...best team ever? No. But I wouldn't say they're not worth a s**t. They did beat a 62 win team with the MVP w/o HCA in 5 in the ECF and a team whose core had won 37 playoff games over the previous 3 years in 5 the semis. They're still likely one of the top 10 or 15 teams of the past decade.

[ Edited by andes14 on Jun 12, 2011 at 22:35:35 ]
Originally posted by andes14:
Is it the:
'95-'96 Chicago Bulls
'85-'86 Boston Celtics
Today's Miami Heat
Or somebody else

Lol, tell us how you really feel. They weren't THAT bad...best team ever? No. But I wouldn't say they're not worth a s**t. They did beat a 62 win team with the MVP w/o HCA in 5 in the ECF and a team whose core had won 37 playoff games over the previous 3 years in 5 the semis. They're still likely one of the top 10 or 15 teams of the past decade.

Usually to be considered the best you have to win it all. They did not, they aren't worth a s**t compared to any of the teams mentioned above
Is it the:
'95-'96 Chicago Bulls
'85-'86 Boston Celtics
Today's Miami Heat
Or somebody else

Usually to be considered the best you have to win it all. They did not, they aren't worth a s**t compared to any of the teams mentioned above

Fair enough
Originally posted by Joecool:
If this Heat team gets this series in 5, would you guys consider them one of the all time teams?

1. 1st year of revamped roster
2. Beat some very tough defensive teams and talented teams in 5 games (Boston/CHI)
3. Would beat Dallas in 5, a team that nearly dominated the West in the playoffs and appeared unbeatable. Has held them to under 90 per game.

I really don't see an all-time great team this Heat team would struggle against. Their offense isn't the greatest, but they an really lock teams down. The Wade/James vs. Jordan/Pippen matchup would be insane.

The Kobe/Shaq matchup would probably be the most difficult but they have surprisingly done well against solid rebounding teams.

No

Why do you have to go out and bring up old s**t? This was a no after Game 5.
Is it the:
'95-'96 Chicago Bulls
'85-'86 Boston Celtics
Today's Miami Heat
Or somebody else

do the warriors qualify for beating a 66 or 67 win team in the playoffs?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
72-10

Share 49ersWebzone