LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Shaq retires

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
I'm 28 years old and I remember being in 5th grade when Shaq was a rookie... Thanks for all the memories. Long and storied career. Still can't believe the C's record with Shaq this last year... I think it was 21-4 or something like that.

See you on TV soon.

I bet Shaq would be f**kin' awesome on TV. The next Charles Barkley.

chuck and shaq would be must see tv. Dump kenny and his stupid tv board and get shaq in there

You want to break up the Beatles, Yoko?

Kenny is an integral part in the magic of EJ, Kenny and Charles.

Seriously bad idea. And Shaq won't be anything like Chuck. Chuck is hilarious cause he don't give a f**k. Shaq tries too hard to be funny.

NBA should try a sideline reporter along the lines of Siragusa. I could see Shaq pulling that off. Have him sit under the hoop and give real insight from a player who used to play.
  • Paul
  • Veteran

but seriously gonna miss the guy. He was a beast when he was with the Lakers, was pretty decent with the Heat. Shocked he's been on 6 teams, but he will always be remembered.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Does this mean there will be a Kazaam sequel? If so, my life is finally complete.
its hard to believe but he's calling it a career and one hell of a career too I still think the 3 championships the Lakers had in the early 2000's were mainly because of Shaq he made his team better. To a great career
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk
I remember this happening a few times when he was on the Lakers too.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk

I'm not a punk, I just dunk.

One of his first notable one-liners.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I remember this happening a few times when he was on the Lakers too.

hahahaha...that's f**kin' hilarious. I bet some had their life flashed before their eyes.
Lakers Will Retire Shaq's Jersey

• mod
  • Veteran
damn... I cant believe its already been 7 or so years since he's played in a Lakers uniform. I know he's spent a good portion of time in Miami and Orlando... but as a Kings fan I'll always remember him as a Laker

well, good for you Shaq... you were a tremendous player
I was a huge Shaq fan when he first came into the league. Went to the filming of "Blue Chips" when him, Penny Hardaway and the "Western University Dolphins" played IU near my hometown in Indiana (I'm from Lafayette, they filmed it at a HS called Frankfort). I was like 10 years olds and remember being in amazement the entire time while they played/filmed the game. Had Shaq posters all over my room. Remember going to Finish Line, when the Shaq Shoe came out from Reebok, and they showed his big size 23 shoes off. I even used to listen to "Shaq Diesel" all the time.

In his prime, there was no one more dominant in my lifetime. Thanks for all the memories on the court Shaq!
Best of luck in whatever you do Shaq, I know it'll be entertaining.

Had This Poster on my door when I was a kid.

And Who Can Forget This?

Damn I crawl out of my box and find out that Shaq has retired.
Originally posted by backontop:
Damn I crawl out of my box and find out that Shaq has retired.

Maybe cause you crawled out of your box is the reason Shaq retired.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
The most dominant big man I've ever seen. Dude was a monster, except the last three-four years.

If he would've taken better care of his weight/shape, imagine how much greater he could have been.
Share 49ersWebzone