There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

Originally posted by NickV:
Only watched the last 30 minutes.

And in those 30 minutes it was probably the worst Real Madrid team I have seen in the past 3 years. On top of that Bayern barley scrapped a goal at the end. Fabio was doing so good but I can just see fatigue setting in him and the last tackle that he needed to make he didn't.

The fixture is very much alive. real will come out guns blazing the next match. They usually play better when under some pressure.

I may be biased since I'm a bayren fan but I think they proved how good they are, there was a reason Madrid played like they did. I think it was a mistake to take off ozil( or not playing kaka) because he was the most creative offensive player for Madrid. But comparing the two teams it's closer then people think. Ronaldo is the best player between the two teams but after that you can argue the next best 3 or 4 are on bayren.

Even though they will be at home I don't see how real can keep bayren from exposing them down the wings. With bayrens backs coming up in attack so often and ronaldo and dimaria unwillingness to play defense it seems like its 2-1 on the corners. Lahm and robben were getting crosses in all day long, I don't think real can count on Gomez missing so many chances again.

Lmao at Ribery trying to match Ronaldo dive for dive you woulda thought they were both trying to win oscars
That was a terrible game. Played way too many long balls, it's like we had no midfield. At least we got the away goal, I hope we capitalize on it.
Floyd by wiiiiide UD.

Edit: wrong thread
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Apr 18, 2012 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Nice win for the Benfica! I still can't believe how unlucky they were against Chelsea. Anyway, can't wait for Champions League Semis. Barca are big time favorites against Chelsea, but I won't count them out. They get few chances, but they convert most of them. Plus, too much talent to just ignore. I'll take a 1-1 tie in the first leg. Real vs. Bayern - that's the featured match-up and will be amazing to watch!!!

Can't f**king waittttttttttttttt...!

We should be playing Barca tomorrow dammit!

My dad still hasnt gotten over the loss lol We were watching the bayern v real game today and they were talking about chelsea vs barca tomorrow and my dad said "vai levar algum tempo para eu acabar com esta merda" translates to, its gonna take a while for me to get over this s**t.

Played the Blues out of their own park with 10 men. Damn shame Maxi got that red.

Definitely, it should have been Benfica playing in the Semis instead of Chelsea. The better team lost. Sorry man, I hate it when it happens to my team. As for Chelsea, regardless of how they got outplayed against Benfica - they can't be taken lightly - they take advantages of their chances as well as anyone. They have World class players to change the game at any time with a quick strike. I do expect Barca to beat them tonight by 1-0 or 2-1. It should be a fun game - Chelsea MUST go to Camp Nou with 2 goal lead and I expect them to go on all out attack whenever they get possession. If they do it too often, Barca will punish them - so they have to balance that really well. I doubt they will get more than 20 minutes of the ball, so they have to make it count when they have it. It will be interesting to see how they manage this.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM ]
5 years to the date...this happened. One of the best goals scored in La Liga in recent times.

Only watched the last 30 minutes.

And in those 30 minutes it was probably the worst Real Madrid team I have seen in the past 3 years. On top of that Bayern barley scrapped a goal at the end. Fabio was doing so good but I can just see fatigue setting in him and the last tackle that he needed to make he didn't.

The fixture is very much alive. real will come out guns blazing the next match. They usually play better when under some pressure.

Gosh, that was a really bad game from the very start. Away goal was huge, and Real is still favorite to go through. 1-0 at Madrid will send them back to Munich. Anyway, the game was horrible. I stopped watching after 65th minute, it was really boring. I'm trying to get my gf into soccer and she slept right after half-time (the game started at 1am where I'm currently living). Barca vs Chelsea will be a lot more fun to watch.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:19 AM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
5 years to the date...this happened. One of the best goals scored in La Liga in recent times.

This vid needs the tv/radio call

messimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessimessi

Im trying to find it on youtube but Im only coming across the arabic version lol
LOL Biscuits whiffed the s**t out of that one.
Wow...lucky b*****ds...Chelsea! We will see how things go at Nou Camp next week...Barca wasn't at their best tonight, and hopefully it won't f**king rain next week in Barca.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
LOL Biscuits whiffed the s**t out of that one.

Yea...he had a poor game! So did Fab...and Dani Alves. At the same time...Chelsea played great defense. Some of the tackles were spot on! Good game.
Gotta wonder how much the Classico is gonna take out of Real and Barca. They both have to come back from losses
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Chelsea need to hire Di matteo just for the pure effing luck he has brought to them. Like really ridiculous luck. A goal toooootally against the run of play. All game they were chasing the ball and of all people...MESSI gave the ball away that lead to the goal?!?

Dammit I really hate them now lol
Originally posted by 49erha:
Gotta wonder how much the Classico is gonna take out of Real and Barca. They both have to come back from losses

Imagine if Real and Barca met in Semis. They would have played 3 times in a week. Anyway, Barca doesn't need to be at 100% to beat Chelsea at home. Both Barca and Real are locks to score at home - so things are still in their hands.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
http://www.abola.pt/nnh/ver.aspx?id=326928

Thats what the camp nou is gonna look like for the match this saturday.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Rm 1 FCB 0 so far

Good game so far. Some surprise inclusions from Barca though. Tello and Thiago in. Fabregas and Sanchez on the bench