LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 176 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• NickV
  • Veteran
Chelsea could have folded up like a lawn chair, I was fully expecting them to. Great great display of character on their behalf. But let me say that they are still riding that wave of luck....I need to file a missing persons report on leo messi, cause he hasn't been present the last few matches.
f**k YEAH CHELSEA!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT
lol turned out better than expected

VAMOS REAL!!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Yes....Bayern scores!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Another good cl semi.

If I were Mou id take off di maria. He hasn't brought anything to RM since coming back from injury. Bring on Kaka to weave some magic.
F**k yeah!!!! Bayern at home for the final!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Why in the world would you have sergio ramos take a penalty ahead of GH20?

This wasn't the cl final I was hoping for but it should still be a good one.
Dang, Pep might be on the way out

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26042012/2/guardiola-poised-quit-barcelona-reports-say.html
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Dang, Pep might be on the way out

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/26042012/2/guardiola-poised-quit-barcelona-reports-say.html

he's out

I don't understand this decision
[ Edited by vrabbit on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:23 AM ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:
he's out

Most of these coaches dont last very long, he has had a tremendous amount of success so I think he is moving on looking for the next challenge. Like the special one, he left Chelsea and inter at their peek so I think he is just moving on. He will spend a year off and take a high profile job. I think it's part of soccer culture try to win trophys with as many teams as you can. Not many are like firguson or wrenger where they stay in the same place.

Originally posted by 49erha:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
he's out

Most of these coaches dont last very long, he has had a tremendous amount of success so I think he is moving on looking for the next challenge. Like the special one, he left Chelsea and inter at their peek so I think he is just moving on. He will spend a year off and take a high profile job. I think it's part of soccer culture try to win trophys with as many teams as you can. Not many are like firguson or wrenger where they stay in the same place.

It's not really part of any soccer culture that I'm aware of. Most people don't stay like Ferguson or Wenger because most people don't have the type of sustained success that Wenger and Ferguson have had. Just like most people don't have the type of sustained success that Dungy and Belichick have enjoyed in recent times. Mourinho is more like Parcells.

The Special One left Chelsea because he was at odds with ownership; he left Inter because he wasn't happy in Italy and would've been a fool to turn down an opportunity like the one Real Madrid gave him. Pep looks tired and things are only going down-hill for Barcelona; they're massively in debt and still not the team they were two years ago. Still one of the best but no longer the top dog even in their own league.

I agree that he'll land a top job. Depending on how Spain perform at the Euros he could even get that one.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
It's not really part of any soccer culture that I'm aware of. Most people don't stay like Ferguson or Wenger because most people don't have the type of sustained success that Wenger and Ferguson have had. Just like most people don't have the type of sustained success that Dungy and Belichick have enjoyed in recent times. Mourinho is more like Parcells.

The Special One left Chelsea because he was at odds with ownership; he left Inter because he wasn't happy in Italy and would've been a fool to turn down an opportunity like the one Real Madrid gave him. Pep looks tired and things are only going down-hill for Barcelona; they're massively in debt and still not the team they were two years ago. Still one of the best but no longer the top dog even in their own league.

I agree that he'll land a top job. Depending on how Spain perform at the Euros he could even get that one.

I used mourinho because he's just the biggest example but there have been plenty of coaches who leave sides at there peak after major championships it's like done that what's next ( happens way more with national teams) but its not uncommon.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:

Pep wanted a break and take a year off and then take on a new challenge. That's the reason for leaving. A lot of big clubs are in debt, but Barca has about 50-60M every year to spend on new players, and if reports are to be believe - Neymar is set to join at the end of 2013. So, club financials is hardly the reason for leaving, and Barca has plethora of young talent on their roster and youth camp - so unlike all the other big clubs, they don't need to go out and spend a lot of money.

As far as them not being as good as two years ago - that's simply is not true. This was probably the unluckiest year for the team - I read somewhere they hit a record number of times both in La Liga and in Champions League, and the only true striker they had on the team was out with injury for most of the year. I know Barca has set such a high standard that they are expected to win everything - but look at the amount of matches they have played in the last 2 years and it was bound to catch up with them.

Barca will be fine next year.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi scored his 68th goal of the season - record for most goals in a season!
Lenhart and Wondolowski are killing it for the 'quakes!!

Share 49ersWebzone