There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

Ronaldo with some amazing goals today. Goes 1 up in the Pichichi race.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
For you Man U fans...

In the Portuguese press today rumors goin around saying that Man U and Benfica have agreed to terms on the transfer of Nico Gaitan for 25 mil and two players.

We barley keep our best players for no more than two years before the cash rich clubs come

It's a damn miracle that Luisao hasn't been stolen from us yet after 8 seasons. Although PSG gave me a scare at the start of the seaon....f**kers.lol.

Obviously you guys haven't seen Nico play nearly as much as I have. Think of him as a step below David Silva. Can play on the wing or #10 role in the center of the field. Very shifty and a assist machine. He doesn't score too much, but when he does its usually some spectacular goal.

He and Fabio Coentrao had a amazing partnership on the left side last season.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Btw...Pele has gone completely crazy and comes off as extremely insecure. Couple days back he said, Neymar is a better player than Messi. I don't think any sane person in the World who has watched them play thinks that. Even Neymar said he would one day like to be as good as Messi.

Pele has made stupid statements about Messi before and constantly brags about himself - but this is a new low. Neymar? Are you kidding me?!?
  • NickV
  • Veteran

League Cup winners!

Woulda traded this win for a win against Sporting though Lost to them 1-0. 4 pts behind Porto with 4 games to go.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Nice win for the Benfica! I still can't believe how unlucky they were against Chelsea. Anyway, can't wait for Champions League Semis. Barca are big time favorites against Chelsea, but I won't count them out. They get few chances, but they convert most of them. Plus, too much talent to just ignore. I'll take a 1-1 tie in the first leg. Real vs. Bayern - that's the featured match-up and will be amazing to watch!!!

Can't f**king waittttttttttttttt...!
bayern-real will be hopefully exciting! pretty close matchup, i think real has a very slight edge because of the sometimes careless bayern defense.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
bayern-real will be hopefully exciting! pretty close matchup, i think real has a very slight edge because of the sometimes careless bayern defense.

Real def. has the edge, they have more talent than any other club. Bayern is somewhat inconsistent but if they play close to their best, they can match Real. Should be really really exciting game!
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Real def. has the edge, they have more talent than any other club. Bayern is somewhat inconsistent but if they play close to their best, they can match Real. Should be really really exciting game!

i think real has definetely the better bench, but i don't see a clear edge for real in the "best team" starting lineup.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

i think real has definetely the better bench, but i don't see a clear edge for real in the "best team" starting lineup.

That maybe true in attack, but in mid-field and defense - Real has clear edge. The way Neuer has kept this season, I can't even take him over Casillas. In defense, Lahm is good, but give me Real's defenders over others. In mid-field, Real has slight advantage due to experience. Kroos is still learning. Bayern has Ribbery and Robbon so I'll probably take them over Benzema but Ronaldo is easily the best player on the pitch - so even that's pretty much par. Gomez is the x-factor for Bayern. He gives them edge in attack - but everywhere else Real is superior.

Having said that, Bayern can give Real fits because they can match their strength with strength.
we will see. lahm pretty much dominated ronaldo on several occasions, be it on club level or national teams. badstuber and boateng are german internationals and i dont know why they should be much worse than pepe e.g. if you are asking for experiene, then you should mention schweisteiger, who has somewhat like 90 caps for germany and played two world cups and a championsleague final. also müller is a german national with a blazing world cup on his list. gustavo is brazilian international. but overall i agree, stength meets strength at many positions, i am really looking forward to the matchup. one word to the coaches... i think mou definetely has the egde over heynckes, could be the difference maker.
Yes!!! Gomez!!!
Cant say bayren didn't deserve this, I know real focused on defense after equalling but still lahm was phenomenal imo player of the game covered up Ronaldo better then anybody has all year and was very dangerous in attack. Ribery played well but robben was almost non existent at times, he needs to play better for them to go through. I think people were underestimating how good bayren is because besides dortmund they haven't played anybody.
Originally posted by 49erha:
Cant say bayren didn't deserve this, I know real focused on defense after equalling but still lahm was phenomenal imo player of the game covered up Ronaldo better then anybody has all year and was very dangerous in attack. Ribery played well but robben was almost non existent at times, he needs to play better for them to go through. I think people were underestimating how good bayren is because besides dortmund they haven't played anybody.

yeah, this pretty much sums up my prediction. robben is atrocious sometimes against big competition. ribery really wanted it today. from my point of view the ecqualizer was what i meant: bayern defense sometimes crazy sleepy. but overall well deserved. bayern has a well rounded team with internationals everywhere and showed it today. ronaldo was limited.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Only watched the last 30 minutes.

And in those 30 minutes it was probably the worst Real Madrid team I have seen in the past 3 years. On top of that Bayern barley scrapped a goal at the end. Fabio was doing so good but I can just see fatigue setting in him and the last tackle that he needed to make he didn't.

The fixture is very much alive. real will come out guns blazing the next match. They usually play better when under some pressure.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Nice win for the Benfica! I still can't believe how unlucky they were against Chelsea. Anyway, can't wait for Champions League Semis. Barca are big time favorites against Chelsea, but I won't count them out. They get few chances, but they convert most of them. Plus, too much talent to just ignore. I'll take a 1-1 tie in the first leg. Real vs. Bayern - that's the featured match-up and will be amazing to watch!!!

Can't f**king waittttttttttttttt...!

We should be playing Barca tomorrow dammit!

My dad still hasnt gotten over the loss lol We were watching the bayern v real game today and they were talking about chelsea vs barca tomorrow and my dad said "vai levar algum tempo para eu acabar com esta merda" translates to, its gonna take a while for me to get over this s**t.

Played the Blues out of their own park with 10 men. Damn shame Maxi got that red.