There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Soccer Thread 11/12

  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Juve All-Star Tour...

Hey 1251alex, need to get your tickets fast, they're selling like hotcakes

Looks like they are staying on the east coast. Too bad or else I would have caught a game.
http://livetv.ru/en/showvideo/62800/

full video of the venezuela-spain game

that website is AWESOME


Vasco da Gama: 2011 Copa do Brasil Champions


Back in Libertadores after 10 loooooooooooong years.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Juve All-Star Tour...

Hey 1251alex, need to get your tickets fast, they're selling like hotcakes

yeah, I found out about this a few weeks ago on the Juve boards and much to my frustration, just like last summer, theyre only doing the east coast.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560


Benficas new home jersey
  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560
Quote:
Manchester United’s Portuguese international Nani says he is pleased to be the subject of interest of some of Europe’s biggest clubs, but insists he is happy at Old Trafford.

Nani’s future with the English champions has become the subject of minor debate in recent weeks, following reports strongly linking United with a move for Aston Villa’s Ashley Young. The former Sporting man, who was left out of Alex Ferguson’s side for the Champions League final last month, has seen his name connected with Internazionale, Real Madrid and Juventus.

However, Nani says he is happy in Manchester, where he was voted United’s Player of the Year by his fellow team-mates after an impressive campaign in which he scored 10 goals from 48 appearances in all competitions.

“It was a very successful season for Manchester United and it was my best campaign from an individual point of view,” he said. “I did expect to play in the Champions League final, but it is the manager who decides. He has many options, so you must respect that.

“I am very happy at Manchester United; it is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but it is nice to hear that other clubs are interested. Would I enjoy working with Mourinho? Yes, but I’m happy where I am right now. I have had no contact with anybody.”
Originally posted by NickV:
Quote:
Manchester United’s Portuguese international Nani says he is pleased to be the subject of interest of some of Europe’s biggest clubs, but insists he is happy at Old Trafford.

Nani’s future with the English champions has become the subject of minor debate in recent weeks, following reports strongly linking United with a move for Aston Villa’s Ashley Young. The former Sporting man, who was left out of Alex Ferguson’s side for the Champions League final last month, has seen his name connected with Internazionale, Real Madrid and Juventus.

However, Nani says he is happy in Manchester, where he was voted United’s Player of the Year by his fellow team-mates after an impressive campaign in which he scored 10 goals from 48 appearances in all competitions.

“It was a very successful season for Manchester United and it was my best campaign from an individual point of view,” he said. “I did expect to play in the Champions League final, but it is the manager who decides. He has many options, so you must respect that.

“I am very happy at Manchester United; it is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but it is nice to hear that other clubs are interested. Would I enjoy working with Mourinho? Yes, but I’m happy where I am right now. I have had no contact with anybody.”

I think Nani would be great with Juve, so I hope he ends up Real
H
O
L
Y

S
H
*
T













  • NickV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,560


Enjoy that one buddy, cause you will never score a goal like that again in your life. What a crazy dip from the ball.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,431
I really really hope Barca is able to land Alexis Sanchez. Have been following him for last year and half, and he will be such a natural fit for Barca's style. He is damn good passer, good vision, great dribbling skills, and a fine scorer.

It's time to strengthen the bench, and with Sanchez starting, Pedro/Affelay can be the super-subs Barca needs on attack.

Villa Messi Sanchez in the front
There are rumors that Juve is close to landing Kun Aguero. I really hope that this is true.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I really really hope Barca is able to land Alexis Sanchez. Have been following him for last year and half, and he will be such a natural fit for Barca's style. He is damn good passer, good vision, great dribbling skills, and a fine scorer.

It's time to strengthen the bench, and with Sanchez starting, Pedro/Affelay can be the super-subs Barca needs on attack.

Villa Messi Sanchez in the front

I doubt a proven player like Pedro will want to ride the bench...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,431
Originally posted by 1251alex:
There are rumors that Juve is close to landing Kun Aguero. I really hope that this is true.

That will be awesome. f**k Real Madrid.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,431
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I really really hope Barca is able to land Alexis Sanchez. Have been following him for last year and half, and he will be such a natural fit for Barca's style. He is damn good passer, good vision, great dribbling skills, and a fine scorer.

It's time to strengthen the bench, and with Sanchez starting, Pedro/Affelay can be the super-subs Barca needs on attack.

Villa Messi Sanchez in the front

I doubt a proven player like Pedro will want to ride the bench...

If he wants to stay at Barca, he will have to. Plenty of big-time players come off the bench on big clubs...Pedro isn't even a big-time player yet. Plus, Barca will be in 6 competitions this year, he will get good number of starts.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I really really hope Barca is able to land Alexis Sanchez. Have been following him for last year and half, and he will be such a natural fit for Barca's style. He is damn good passer, good vision, great dribbling skills, and a fine scorer.

It's time to strengthen the bench, and with Sanchez starting, Pedro/Affelay can be the super-subs Barca needs on attack.

Villa Messi Sanchez in the front

I doubt a proven player like Pedro will want to ride the bench...

If he wants to stay at Barca, he will have to. Plenty of big-time players come off the bench on big clubs...Pedro isn't even a big-time player yet. Plus, Barca will be in 6 competitions this year, he will get good number of starts.

If hes left out of the big games like Nani, im pretty sure he'll have a problem with that imo.