There are 192 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• NickV
  • Veteran

I can dig it.

Group A might be the closest to group of death.

Can't wait to battle with Man U
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I wanted AC Milan in the Barca group...after Italian President's comment on Barca. Group F is pretty tough too - but Group A is badass. That will be fun to watch.
can't wait til Silky is unbant.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
can't wait til Silky is unbant.

He will be back? I'd love to have him post in this thread. But really, like all my Real friends - he too will say - we almost beat Barca, and Fabregas was flopping on that Marcelo scissor kick.
Real Faced Ajax and Lyon last year... oh well they are gonna have to whoop some ass now
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Real Faced Ajax and Lyon last year... oh well they are gonna have to whoop some ass now

Real should easily finish at the top of that group.
Group E should be exciting. I can't wait.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
He will be back? I'd love to have him post in this thread. But really, like all my Real friends - he too will say - we almost beat Barca, and Fabregas was flopping on that Marcelo scissor kick.

haha. its just nice to have a couple of posters who support other teams. get nice little debates and lols going. and wasn't silky actually 2pac or GOAT or somes**t like that? Those two posters were around before my conscious time here.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

haha. its just nice to have a couple of posters who support other teams. get nice little debates and lols going. and wasn't silky actually 2pac or GOAT or somes**t like that? Those two posters were around before my conscious time here.

Oh yea...def. would love to have silky back. It was fun talkin' Barca-Real with him. Honestly, Mou has changed Real Madrid, the team and the fans. I won't paint the whole fan base with a broad brush, but many Real fans just look for excuses when they lose now - same has Mourinho and several members of the team. I used to really respect Real Madrid players and fans - they were always passionate, but just as realistic. One of my favorite players of last decade was Raul and liked several other of their players - but within a year, I really dislike everyone they have - even Sergio Ramos.

But, there is no denying - beating Real has never been more enjoyable since Mourinho joined them. No question about that, so I hope he stays there for a while.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barca 2 - Porto 0

Messi with another goal and assist - and Cesc scores. Cesc has been an amazing addition, and can't believe he has adapted so fast. Seems like he has been playin' for years in this squad.

• NickV
  • Veteran
IMO Real is gonna be a real threat to Barcas title this year. They looked really damn good in those 2 games. A little more famularity with the new team mates and they will be golden. They just need to keep some f**king composure lol They are the second best team in the world right now i think. La Liga is going to be a 2 horse race (again) They basically need to win every game. Id go with a

Casillas

Arbeloa - Ramos - Carvalho - Marcelo

Pepe
Alonso-------------------------------------Coentrao

Ozil----------------Benzema------------Ronaldo

Best line-up for Madrid. That left side would be lethal. Benzema is on form and Ozil has better communication with his teammates as to compare from last year. Pepe is the xfactor. If it wasn't for Dani Alves flopping ass last year in the CL they would have held up fine. He was shutting dudes DOWN as the holding mid-fielder.

Mourinho has been a winner every where he has gone and i think he has a shot to be so again. He has to be if he wants to manage Man U lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
IMO Real is gonna be a real threat to Barcas title this year. They looked really damn good in those 2 games. A little more famularity with the new team mates and they will be golden. They just need to keep some f**king composure lol They are the second best team in the world right now i think. La Liga is going to be a 2 horse race (again) They basically need to win every game. Id go with a

Casillas

Arbeloa - Ramos - Carvalho - Marcelo

Pepe
Alonso-------------------------------------Coentrao

Ozil----------------Benzema------------Ronaldo

Best line-up for Madrid. That left side would be lethal. Benzema is on form and Ozil has better communication with his teammates as to compare from last year. Pepe is the xfactor. If it wasn't for Dani Alves flopping ass last year in the CL they would have held up fine. He was shutting dudes DOWN as the holding mid-fielder.

Mourinho has been a winner every where he has gone and i think he has a shot to be so again. He has to be if he wants to manage Man U lol

That's 6 defenders, 1 playmaker, and 2 strikers (I don't know what Alonso offers anymore...) - this team will never score against Barcelona. As a Barca fan, I would absolutely love Ramos as a CB. As for CL - Real lost because of Mourinho's poor tactics of defending and not attacking. Even if Pepe wasn't kicked out, it would have ended up as a tie at the end of 90 minutes. No way Barca loses at home to Real. Also, Real usually loses composure after they realize that they are going to lose - so that has no bearing on them losing or winning.

I agree, Real is playin' better this year - and are probably the second best team in the World - and why not, they easily have the most talent up and down their roster by far...but if they couldn't beat Barca in August - they aren't going to beat them in November or next year - and it will come down to that. Real played with their full team throughout the pre-season and practiced for weeks. Barca didn't and wasn't close to being at their best.

The only way I see Real beat Barca twice in La Liga is if Kaka plays like Kaka of 2009. Too bad Mourinho won't give him enough playing time because he is not his guy.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Real should easily finish at the top of that group.

Agreed.
Man has Gonzalo Higuain really fallen off. I truly believe he will bounce back... I knew Benzema would eventually fit in @ the Bernabeu. It would be nice to some how start Higs and Benzema together.

the move that knocked Flamini out for 5 months. Pasquato will be a mighty fine sub for Krasic.
Share 49ersWebzone