LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 11/12

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Also in reply to 49ersMyLife on my formation use.

They went with their usual 4-2-3-1 but with a slight adjustment. Instead of Khedira alongside Alonso as a CDM they used Coentrao. When I saw the formation I had this exact face lol

It worked out so good. I knew Fabz was versatile but not that much. His main role was to cover up for Marcelo when he pushed forward. Genius move for Mou. So often last year they gave up goals because Marcelo thinks he is a winger lol but Fabio covered for him and pushed forward when he held back. Had an excellent game today.

Thats why he is the special one and Im here typing on the computer They got it right. My formation, although could provide attacking options, was more defensive. With what they used today had the extra pace and attack but was still solid defensively. Di Maria still didnt have a good game. Even with the Assist for one of the goals. He had a wide open look at the net and missed wide.

Yea, I like that formation better than the one you proposed. The one you proposed can def. stop barca from scoring and keep them out of rhythm, but likely won't score either.

I'm a huge Argentine fan, and Di Maria is one of the biggest disappointment for the team. I thought once he moved to Real that he will greatly improve - but he has not improved one bit in last 2 (maybe 3) years. Ozil has finally started to play well for Real on a more consistent basis, so that seems like a fine signing now - but he too doesn't help out on defense. When Mourinho start both Ozil and Di Maria - it's too easy for Barca to move the ball around. They make Adrianno look better than Alves.

I can't wait for the next Classico, when a fully trained Barca team with well set Alexis and Fabregas, travel to Madrid. Hopefully a healthy Puyol will accompany them.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bartomeu: (Barca's sports director) "City offered 70M plus Balotelli for Messi? No. We want him to start and finish here. Clubs know our key players are not for sale"

GTFO with that silly offer. What good is Balotelli for Barca?
Juve!!!!!!!!!! Our new stadium is the s**t. Will definitely be our 12th man. the fans are so damn close to the field!!! Its unreal. Im used to seeing Serie A audiences at about a mile away from the pitch. haha.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

SL BENFICA x MANCHESTER UNITED FC

Estádio da Luz - Lisbon, Portugal

Cant
f**king
Wait!
With the injury to Cleverly I wander if SAF will give Paul Pogba some minutes.

GGMU!!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Combzie:
With the injury to Cleverly I wander if SAF will give Paul Pogba some minutes.

GGMU!!!!

The more out the better for me Jonny Evans might be out also.

My key player in this match (on the Benfica side) is Pablo Aimar. He is in his best form since he has been with us. His playing more like a 22 year old rather than a 32 year old. If he can continue with his movement and roam the space between the lines he can cause United trouble.

Forca Pablito!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Man, watching Barca play their game is so entertaining.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
TOMORROW!!!!

por ti, por ti, eu irei cantar!
Para sempre, para sempre
Quero-te ver a ganhar!

Hottie next to the big dude in white
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Shocked that Milan tied it, barca's
starting to rack up up it's injuries. Anyone watches Copa Suadamericana or Libertadores?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I think we held Man U in check for the most part of the game. They only had complete control the first 30 min of the second half. Man too bad Nolito didn't bury his first chance. gotta credit the man U keeper on that shot. He did a helluva job.

Emerson was getting schooled on by Valencia all game though. Only got the best of him one or two times. Games like this one made me miss Fabio. Didnt help that my dad kept talking about him also. lol

Also happy for Amorim, got the start and had a pretty good game. Was too excited at times though, like getting in the way of his own teammates lol

The Luz ws amazing tonight!

NINGUEM PARA O BENFICA!!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Shocked that Milan tied it, barca's
starting to rack up up it's injuries. Anyone watches Copa Suadamericana or Libertadores?

Yea...Iniesta injury hurts, but this year Barca really stocked up their mid-fielders with Fab and Thiago joining. They can't afford any more injuries though there, and I hope Puyol stays healthy as well. Need all of his experience. Fab has been amazing at Barca. 3 more assists and a goal, I've never seen him play better.

With Real's talent they should be able to beat Levente with a man down. Obviously, Jose blamed the refs and flopping from Levente, and completely ignored what di maria did. Oh well, good to see Barca score 8 goals and go ahead of Real.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Benfica v Porto today. Worked half a day and ready to get my drink on :D if any 1 is in down town sj off santa clara st ill be at Casa do Benfica. Ill buy u a portuguese beer

BENFIIIIIICCAAA!!!!!
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Leaving Portos stadium
  • NickV
  • Veteran

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Uh-Oh, now even the glass-man is talkin' about leaving Arsenal after his contract expires in 2013. Gunners need to spend the money or they will continue losing talent to other clubs.
Share 49ersWebzone