LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Report: Jim Tressel resigns

Originally posted by valrod33:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Colts hired former Ohio St HC Jim Tressel as gameday asst coach. He'll sit upstairs in coaches booth, help out on instant replay challenges.

And he should be suspended like Pryor, right?
Suspended for first few games of NFL season already.

lol
I dont see why he would be suspended
Roger Goodall's logic

You cheat in NFL games and it wins Super Bowls. Brush it under the rug, and repeatedly lie for them.

You cheat in college games, get fired for it. Suspend him but only because he suspended his black qb as well. Pete Carrol on the other hand walks in scott free.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Roger Goodall's logic

You cheat in NFL games and it wins Super Bowls. Brush it under the rug, and repeatedly lie for them.

You cheat in college games, get fired for it. Suspend him but only because he suspended his black qb as well. Pete Carrol on the other hand walks in scott free.
This is actually more illogical than Goodell's purported bad logic
Dude should have taken better notes from Carroll.
Did this come down from the NFL? From what I read it made it sound like this suspension came down from the Colts and Tressel himself. If that makes any sense.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Did this come down from the NFL? From what I read it made it sound like this suspension came down from the Colts and Tressel himself. If that makes any sense.

He was getting ready to come down on him. Goodell's own words.

They knew Goodell would have suspended him so might as well just not make an issue about it and do it yourself.
Originally posted by aman49:
This is actually more illogical than Goodell's purported bad logic

Goodell's expanding his powers to situations he has no business judging on. These punishments are more harsh than 1st time roid users, Belichek and his cheating scandal, Josh McDaniels and his cheating scandal. We're talking about college infractions. Tressel and Pryor were already punished for these actions too. Tressel was fired. Pryor was essentially kicked off the team, and forced to enter the supplamental draft which last time I checked is kind of there for this purpose. You lose your college eligibility whether it's grades or scandal.

Now it's Goodell's job to police what goes in college as well. I'm glad everyone is just lying down and accepting it. Union doesn't want to fight for Pryor. Nobody cares about Tressel.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 6, 2011 at 5:15 PM ]
Funniest joke on KNBR yesterday. "Why did the colts hire Tressel to watch for plays to challenge? when he's so good at looking the other way!"

Share 49ersWebzone