There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Buster Posey Out for the year

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
My guess is that Posey is out for the year. I simply dont see the Giants risking this kids future in any way unless he is 100% fixed and ready to go. Obviously we wont know that until the extent of the ligament damage is known.

Granted I’m no medical expert. It does sound like Posey may be able to return before season’s end. One thought I had assuming the Giants still are in the mix for the division title is for the first two weeks of September, we would play Posey at first base and we wouldn’t put him at catcher until the last two weeks of the regular season. Should we win the division and qualify for the playoffs we would have Posey behind the dish for the post season in October. I’m assuming that there is a good chance he could return for the last month of the season and between now and through August would be enough time to recover which would be 3 full months (12-13 Weeks).
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
My guess is that Posey is out for the year. I simply dont see the Giants risking this kids future in any way unless he is 100% fixed and ready to go. Obviously we wont know that until the extent of the ligament damage is known.

Granted I’m no medical expert. It does sound like Posey may be able to return before season’s end. One thought I had assuming the Giants still are in the mix for the division title is for the first two weeks of September, we would play Posey at first base and we wouldn’t put him at catcher until the last two weeks of the regular season. Should we win the division and qualify for the playoffs we would have Posey behind the dish for the post season in October. I’m assuming that there is a good chance he could return for the last month of the season and between now and through August would be enough time to recover which would be 3 full months (12-13 Weeks).

All speculation at this point as we have no idea how extensive the ligament damage is. I certainly am not counting on him being back this year though.
I was all for the Molina option, however I heard this morning that dude is fat, fat, fat. He threw out the first pitch at an Angels game, and he was described as pushing 300 lbs.

Before it took him 2 weeks to run to 1st base, now it would probably take him a month.

His value however would be to our pitching staff, which cannot be underestimated.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on May 27, 2011 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:

All speculation at this point as we have no idea how extensive the ligament damage is. I certainly am not counting on him being back this year though.

Looks like your right. Posey confirmed he is most likely out for the year.

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_18156414
Buster Pusey
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Buster Pusey

avalanche of hate filled posts at SK in 3...2...1... GO!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Buster Pusey

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Niners99:
why does everyone keep saying he broke his leg....he fractured his ankle. he didnt snap his femur in half.

The bone he broke is the fibula, which is the small bone that runs from the knee down to the ankle area where it attached to the tibia (shin bone). It's job is "steering" the foot. As such, it is not as critical as the tibia, which is the weight-bearing bone.

The problem with a fracture of the fibia at this location is that the blood supply is not as great as it is higher up the bone and dramatically less than the tibia. The result of all that is that it frequently takes a much longer time for the fracture to heal due to the lesser amount of blood flow. Not to shop for trouble but it is not uncommon for fractures in this area to never fully heal.

As others have noted, the ligament damage, the extent of which remains unknown, is the substantially greater concern. From early descriptions of the MRI results, it is very unlikely he will return this season. The stress placed on the foot from playing the position will demand that he be fully healed before any return to normal play. The very best that could be hoped for would be to see some time at first base at the end of the season.

right, but although the bone he broke is technically part of his leg, its fractured in his ankle. thats why people say "i broke my ankle skateboarding", or "i broke my leg falling off the roof". its 2 different things. Joe Theisman broke his leg.
he's done. Time to move on for the year. Bochy has the coaching power and we still have legit pitching.If the Pose' can give Whiteside some pointers and coach him up , we'd be ok. Our offense needs a revamp to. Beating the hot streak Brewers would be a momentum boost.
Originally posted by jrg:
thanks giants fans

hopefully posey breaks his leg later

its voodoo magic, f*ckin voodoo magic moon'!!
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
thanks giants fans

holy s**t man.

i feel like a total dick.

im so sorry
thanks giants fans

holy s**t man.

im so sorry

I am now hoping you get herpes!
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
thanks giants fans

holy s**t man.

im so sorry

im sure there was something said about the cardinals that made me say that...so i guess karma came around and b***h slapped you guys
thanks giants fans

holy s**t man.

im so sorry

im sure there was something said about the cardinals that made me say that...so i guess karma came around and b***h slapped you guys

heh, that was when we jinxed Garcia's no no i believe, its all good tho. I blame Cousins before i blame you...

but Giants/Cards series is coming up....

thanks giants fans

holy s**t man.

im so sorry

I don't talk the pooh on them, only on LaRussa. And I only said I think he sucks. You wished the broken bones, I now hope you step on a piece of glass.