There are 262 users in the forums

NBA Finals Thread: Mavs are NBA Champions! :O

Damn I didn't see the one handed put back by Gibson and the dunk by Rose .

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Neither of them "deserve" a ring. They couldn't even make it to the finals with the Kings, and especially Peja who continuous got overwhelmed in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Lebron and Dirk deserve the ring - since they have been two best players in the playoffs so far, and had multiple memorable performances in the last month or so.

Believe it or not there are more than 1 player on each team and fans from around the NBA are rooting for certain players because of what they did with other teams and they actually like them. It doesnt matter that they werent HOF calibre players, people are actually fans of players because of loyalty for what they did for their team.

Did you even watch the 2002 WCF???

Are you talkin' about rooting for certain players or a player deserving a ring? Two different things. Bibby deserving a ring is a joke, just as much as Peja deserving a ring. Both should be thankful and count themselves extremely lucky to have an opportunity to play in the Finals.

...and no, I didn't watch 2002 WCFs. Why? What happened?

Ohhh...

the 2002 wcf was rigged....look it up buddy

the 2002 wcf are one of the many reasons why the NBA is a joke nowadays
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Neither of them "deserve" a ring. They couldn't even make it to the finals with the Kings, and especially Peja who continuous got overwhelmed in the playoffs.

On the other hand, Lebron and Dirk deserve the ring - since they have been two best players in the playoffs so far, and had multiple memorable performances in the last month or so.

Believe it or not there are more than 1 player on each team and fans from around the NBA are rooting for certain players because of what they did with other teams and they actually like them. It doesnt matter that they werent HOF calibre players, people are actually fans of players because of loyalty for what they did for their team.

Are you talkin' about rooting for certain players or a player deserving a ring? Two different things. Bibby deserving a ring is a joke, just as much as Peja deserving a ring. Both should be thankful and count themselves extremely lucky to have an opportunity to play in the Finals.

Ohhh...

Ouch that's mean.... We should hop on that MIA banwagon like you
Originally posted by sacniner:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

Big Shot BOB!
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

The hell is your problem, seriously?

btw: Not sure why Peja would not deserve a ring if he wins one on the Mavs. He has helped them quite a bit at times in the playoffs this year, with big games vs LA and Portland. If youre saying that nobody deserves a ring unless they're the star player, I guess Steve Kerr and Paxson never deserved any rings. Guess Bruce Bowen didnt deserve any rings. Guess Vinny the Microwave Johnson didnt deserve a ring. Your point is friggin stupid, every player on the team who contributes deserves to win a ring and IMO I would like to see Peja win a ring and he deserves to. The guy was one of the best scorer's in the NBA before he hurt his back, came back from back surgery, helped NO make somewhat of a playoff run, and now he's on a team that's actually good and contributes when he can. Not to mention he is a good and humble player. I am not sure what is not honorable about that.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on May 29, 2011 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

Big Shot BOB!

I think he prefers Big Shot Rob.
How did this turn into a Lakers/Kings 2002 thread?

I'd like to see J-Kidd win a title. One of my favorite players of the last 20 years, and he came into the league right when I started getting interested in the technical aspects of the game and I remember "scouting" him as much as a 13 year old boy could on TV. Top 5 all-time PG, IMO.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I'd like to see J-Kidd win a title. One of my favorite players of the last 20 years, and he came into the league right when I started getting interested in the technical aspects of the game and I remember "scouting" him as much as a 13 year old boy could on TV. Top 5 all-time PG, IMO.

But didnt you know?! Jason Kidd does not deserve to win a ring! He is not the top scorer on the team, therefor he is meaningless and is not very important to the Mavericks! /4ML's logic
I guess I kind of want the heat to win. I dont care though, I just hope they're close intense games

Jason Kidd's play this post season has been the most surprising and unsurprising at the same time. Damn smart basketball player.

So which of Magic, Oscar, Payton, Zeke, and Stockton isn't in top-5?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

But didnt you know?! Jason Kidd does not deserve to win a ring! He is not the top scorer on the team, therefor he is meaningless and is not very important to the Mavericks! /4ML's logic

That's not my logic at all. Where do you come up with this stuff? When did I bring up scoring? J-Kidd is one of the best all-around PGs to ever play the game...and has actually LEAD his team to the finals. Dirk is one of the best at his position and LEAD his team to the finals, Lebron James is one of the best SF in the game and LEAD his team to the finals. Peja is a bench player...and Bibby plays PG for a team and has the ball for about 5% of the game...and they never LEAD their team to the NBA Finals.

Peja and Bibby are not even close to J-Kidd. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on May 30, 2011 at 12:40 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

the 2002 wcf was rigged....look it up buddy

I hate the Lakers as much as anyone...and even if the 2002 WCF was rigged, that shot is real. Kings had it, and they blew it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

Haha...a Kings fan asked if I watched 2002 WCF. I googled it, and that's what came up.

...oh I'm not on Miami's bandwagon. I'm on Lebron James bandwagon, have been for years now. D-Wade has been my second favorite player in the league for years now...followed him since his Marquette days.
Bibby deserves a ring.

lol

Peja deserves one more.

Ohhh...

Haha...a Kings fan asked if I watched 2002 WCF. I googled it, and that's what came up.

...oh I'm not on Miami's bandwagon. I'm on Lebron James bandwagon, have been for years now. D-Wade has been my second favorite player in the league for years now...followed him since his Marquette days.

Go heat and LBJ on his way.
Share 49ersWebzone