• Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Wade > LeBron, ya i said it, why do u think bosh went to miami instead of cleveland? lebron only followed once he knew bosh was going to south beach

What kind of reasoning is this? Who the f**k wants to play in Cleveland? Lebron just announced his decision the last, but it was clear - Wade and Lebron were going to play together...whether it was in NY, Chicago, or Miami.

bs lebron was recruiting bosh 2 go to cleveland, i'm sure he woulda liked wade to join them, but once bosh went 2 miami he had to go to other alpha males team who already has his ring

It is well documented - Lebron and Wade were going to sign up with the same team this off-seaosn. Miami made the most sense because Miami had the room to sign 3 stars, whereas Chicago and NY could only add 2.

Wade has one championship...with Shaq still dominating inside. Yeah...that def. makes Wade the more "alpha-man" than Lebron.

ya shaq dominatd the middle so much that without wade they woulda gotta swept by dallas in 2006. i dont doubt lebron wanted to play with wade, but he wanted it in cleveland, once bosh said i'm going to miami thats when lebron changed his mind

http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/7/6/1554543/broussard-lebron-wants-chris-bosh

Riley wanted Amare, Wade, and Lebron

Miami's initial plan didn't even involve Bosh. Wade and Lebron were going to play together, it was a matter of who the 3rd player was going to be. Anyways, it doesn't matter. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now, so it's a moot point discussing who the best player on the Heat is. There will be games when D-Wade plays better than Lebron...just like there are days when Ray Allen outplays Garnett and Pierce, when Gasol outplays Kobe, when Pippen outplayed Jordan - but Lebron is the best player, and it's not really close.

ya thats what riley wanted, u seem to completly dismiss that lebron wanted everyone 2 join him in cleveland, once no stars were going to his team, he had to bounce, smart business move for him, but not his first choice, dwayne wade had more pull, maybe it was south beach, maybe it was rileys influence, but lebron went to his team as a backup plan.

...ok - so Lebron wanted to stay in Cleveland but no one wanted to play in Cleveland - which is kinda obvious when your other options could be NY, Chicago, or Miami. Before the Chicago-Miami series started - both Wade and Lebron mentioned how they woke up on some days and felt like signing with Chicago. It was also reported last week, that Boozer wanted to join Wade and Lebron in Miami - but Miami ended up going with Bosh. It's pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together. Wade and Lebron were going to play together, they decided Miami was the place - Wade announced his decision, Miami then signed Bosh, and then Lebron made his decision public.

Basically, like I said, Miami made the most sense for them. They were the ONLY team that could have signed 3 stars, and that was the deciding factor over NY or Chicago.

That's really all I've to say about this, because it's not really that important that we need to keep discussing this. I love D-Wade, but Lebron is obviously the best player on the team.
Wade > LeBron, ya i said it, why do u think bosh went to miami instead of cleveland? lebron only followed once he knew bosh was going to south beach

What kind of reasoning is this? Who the f**k wants to play in Cleveland? Lebron just announced his decision the last, but it was clear - Wade and Lebron were going to play together...whether it was in NY, Chicago, or Miami.

bs lebron was recruiting bosh 2 go to cleveland, i'm sure he woulda liked wade to join them, but once bosh went 2 miami he had to go to other alpha males team who already has his ring

It is well documented - Lebron and Wade were going to sign up with the same team this off-seaosn. Miami made the most sense because Miami had the room to sign 3 stars, whereas Chicago and NY could only add 2.

Wade has one championship...with Shaq still dominating inside. Yeah...that def. makes Wade the more "alpha-man" than Lebron.

ya shaq dominatd the middle so much that without wade they woulda gotta swept by dallas in 2006. i dont doubt lebron wanted to play with wade, but he wanted it in cleveland, once bosh said i'm going to miami thats when lebron changed his mind

http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/7/6/1554543/broussard-lebron-wants-chris-bosh

Riley wanted Amare, Wade, and Lebron

Miami's initial plan didn't even involve Bosh. Wade and Lebron were going to play together, it was a matter of who the 3rd player was going to be. Anyways, it doesn't matter. Lebron is the best player in the NBA right now, so it's a moot point discussing who the best player on the Heat is. There will be games when D-Wade plays better than Lebron...just like there are days when Ray Allen outplays Garnett and Pierce, when Gasol outplays Kobe, when Pippen outplayed Jordan - but Lebron is the best player, and it's not really close.

ya thats what riley wanted, u seem to completly dismiss that lebron wanted everyone 2 join him in cleveland, once no stars were going to his team, he had to bounce, smart business move for him, but not his first choice, dwayne wade had more pull, maybe it was south beach, maybe it was rileys influence, but lebron went to his team as a backup plan.

...ok - so Lebron wanted to stay in Cleveland but no one wanted to play in Cleveland - which is kinda obvious when your other options could be NY, Chicago, or Miami. Before the Chicago-Miami series started - both Wade and Lebron mentioned how they woke up on some days and felt like signing with Chicago. It was also reported last week, that Boozer wanted to join Wade and Lebron in Miami - but Miami ended up going with Bosh. It's pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together. Wade and Lebron were going to play together, they decided Miami was the place - Wade announced his decision, Miami then signed Bosh, and then Lebron made his decision public.

Basically, like I said, Miami made the most sense for them. They were the ONLY team that could have signed 3 stars, and that was the deciding factor over NY or Chicago.

That's really all I've to say about this, because it's not really that important that we need to keep discussing this. I love D-Wade, but Lebron is obviously the best player on the team.

Best player on the team and in the league.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The guy you put on him at the end to close out the game is your best guy... Rose couldn't even find the rim over the 6'8" phenom. His shots were way off. Because of the length. They would put Lebron on him more but they don't want to get him in foul trouble. Thus just at the end. But he can hold down D. Rose all day if you want him too.

And the Lebron dribbling the ball around stuff and using up clock blah before in the thread. Who has the points in the 4th Quarters and overtime this series? Which guy has been the best at the end for the Heat?...

Oh, I dunno...the guy that's getting the opportunities because he has the ball the vast majority of the time? That's the point. Miami's offense has been poor during the 4th quarter and overtimes. LeBron's put up numbers, which is a natural result of having the ball as much as he does. And it's been to the detriment of Miami's offense.

Game 3 was by FAR his best 4th quarter of the series because he made good basketball plays that resulted in good shots for everyone, himself included.

But when doesn't the best player on any team who can get any shot he wants and have a good chance to make it not get the most opportunities late in games? Kobe gets the ball more in fourth quarters thn any of his teammates, so does Dirk, Rose,...

Also I think Lebrons help defense throughout the game is overlooked.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The guy you put on him at the end to close out the game is your best guy... Rose couldn't even find the rim over the 6'8" phenom. His shots were way off. Because of the length. They would put Lebron on him more but they don't want to get him in foul trouble. Thus just at the end. But he can hold down D. Rose all day if you want him too.

And the Lebron dribbling the ball around stuff and using up clock blah before in the thread. Who has the points in the 4th Quarters and overtime this series? Which guy has been the best at the end for the Heat?...

Oh, I dunno...the guy that's getting the opportunities because he has the ball the vast majority of the time? That's the point. Miami's offense has been poor during the 4th quarter and overtimes. LeBron's put up numbers, which is a natural result of having the ball as much as he does. And it's been to the detriment of Miami's offense.

Game 3 was by FAR his best 4th quarter of the series because he made good basketball plays that resulted in good shots for everyone, himself included.

But when doesn't the best player on any team who can get any shot he wants and have a good chance to make it not get the most opportunities late in games? Kobe gets the ball more in fourth quarters thn any of his teammates, so does Dirk, Rose,...

If you didn't understand what I was saying the first four times, I don't think me posting it a fifth will have any effect.
Originally posted by crzy:
I like Lebron, I'm over my initial hatred because of the stupid Decision.

But it is kinda lame to win a ring with a superteam. Teaming up with his buddies to finally win a ring diminishes the overall accomplishment.

I will never ever consider Lebron in the conversation for the greatest players of all time, even if he wins 10 rings with Wade and Bosh.

It's too bad, because I expected more from Lebron. Physically, there has never been an NBA player like Lebron. I expected him to completely revolutionize the game of basketball.

Oh well.

What player won multiple championships by himself BTW? Tell me? I really want to know? We have seen what Cleveland had there without Lebron. Absolutely nothing. Not a pretty sight... Shame on him he didn't win the Championship with the worst team in the league.

Believe it or not, there's some middle ground between "won multiple championships by himself" and teaming up a 1st ballot HOFer and perennial all-star while everyone's in their prime. Wade & Bosh are the best 2nd/3rd option combo in about 25 years. (Magic, Kareem, Worthy) Toss in two good players as your 4th & 5th guys (Haslem, Miller) and two very good defenders as your 6th & 7th guys (Anthony, Chalmers) and you got yourself quite a supporting cast.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 26, 2011 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by crzy:
I like Lebron, I'm over my initial hatred because of the stupid Decision.

But it is kinda lame to win a ring with a superteam. Teaming up with his buddies to finally win a ring diminishes the overall accomplishment.

I will never ever consider Lebron in the conversation for the greatest players of all time, even if he wins 10 rings with Wade and Bosh.

It's too bad, because I expected more from Lebron. Physically, there has never been an NBA player like Lebron. I expected him to completely revolutionize the game of basketball.

Oh well.

What player won multiple championships by himself BTW? Tell me? I really want to know? We have seen what Cleveland had there without Lebron. Absolutely nothing. Not a pretty sight... Shame on him he didn't win the Championship with the worst team in the league.

Believe it or not, there's some middle ground between "won multiple championships by himself" and teaming up a 1st ballot HOFer and perennial all-star while everyone's in their prime. Wade & Bosh are the best 2nd/3rd option combo in about 30 years. (Magic, Kareem, Worthy)

I would say Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott was one hell of a team. Magic is overly romanticized as you like to say. He had one hell of a team. Just incredible.

You overrate Bosh. He is a soft oustide shooter and doesn't bring much physicality to the defensive end. It's a big 2 with a supporting role player who is very good but not great. It's Jordan and Pippen all over again. Lebron being Jordan and Wade being Pippen. 2 great athletes who can play offense and defense. Bosh is far from a top tier player. He's in the 3rd tier or lower of NBA players. Nobody would put him on the top tier of NBA players.

They have no Center at all and a big 2 who run around and are athletic. Plus no bench depth. I'd say it's remarkable how well they have done for what they have.

You try so hard to discredit Lebron. Just admit he is the best in the NBA... I think you just want to prop up you boy Kobe. And you are so unrealistic about all the help he has had in his career. Shaq in his prime + Phil Jackson the best HC who ever lived plus good supporting role players. And Later Gasol, Odom, Coach Phil still and a good supporting cast. Yeah he did it all by himself. It was all Kobe...
lebron James has a higher approval rating that Barrack Obama

Lol this is funny and stupid bc everyone knows Cleveland as a city to live sucks!!!

Cleveland only had a chance bc Lebron woulde have had a higher salary, which wasn't even enough to keep him in that s**t hole.
Lebron winning has his approval rating going through the roof and his haters have declined even more on the Zone!!!!

Any correlation with the Lakers getting swept ages ago?!?
CHECK MY $TATS

If you didn't understand what I was saying the first four times, I don't think me posting it a fifth will have any effect.

You are saying it is to the detriment of the offense Whig is exactly the same thin Kobe does to the offense and so does dirk and every other great player in fourth quarters. Most of the time every else stands and watches while the great player does his thing. I just know what point you are trying to make here. You are saying he scores more points because he has the ball more and it hurts the offense? In the fourth quarter, it doesn't matter as long as he comes through which he has.

You are saying it is to the detriment of the offense Whig is exactly the same thin Kobe does to the offense and so does dirk and every other great player in fourth quarters. Most of the time every else stands and watches while the great player does his thing. I just know what point you are trying to make here. You are saying he scores more points because he has the ball more and it hurts the offense? In the fourth quarter, it doesn't matter as long as he comes through which he has.

No, that's not the point that I'm trying to make here.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Talk to me when Lebron wins 6 championships. That's the only argument I need.
I would say Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott was one hell of a team. Magic is overly romanticized as you like to say. He had one hell of a team. Just incredible.

You overrate Bosh. He is a soft oustide shooter and doesn't bring much physicality to the defensive end. It's a big 2 with a supporting role player who is very good but not great. It's Jordan and Pippen all over again. Lebron being Jordan and Wade being Pippen. 2 great athletes who can play offense and defense. Bosh is far from a top tier player. He's in the 3rd tier or lower of NBA players. Nobody would put him on the top tier of NBA players.

They have no Center at all and a big 2 who run around and are athletic. Plus no bench depth. I'd say it's remarkable how well they have done for what they have.

You try so hard to discredit Lebron. Just admit he is the best in the NBA... I think you just want to prop up you boy Kobe. And you are so unrealistic about all the help he has had in his career. Shaq in his prime + Phil Jackson the best HC who ever lived plus good supporting role players. And Later Gasol, Odom, Coach Phil still and a good supporting cast. Yeah he did it all by himself. It was all Kobe...

I don't understand why virtually every basketball thread circles back to the Lakers and/or Kobe. I'm not the person that brings this up. If I mention that the basketball discussion here has been unenjoyable this year...it's because I'm upset that the Lakers lost? If I respond to a line of discussion about the talent that LeBron has around him in Miami...I end up talking about the Lakers? I'm happy to know that the Lakers and/or Kobe are so far into the heads of those that dislike them that they're the standard by which every discussion is compared to, but it's definitely spam.

If you or others think that Gasol, Odom & good role players is equivalent to what LeBron has around him in Miami, that's your prerogative. I think it's absurd. Wade's a bonafide superstar, Bosh is a perennial all-star (who's style and production are on par with Gasol...except he's the third guy on the team instead of #2), Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are both healthy and have been productive, high-minute role players throughout their careers, Joel Anthony is one of the 5 best defensive centers in the game, and Mario Chalmers is one of the better PG defenders as well. Considering that only 7-8 guys get minutes in a playoff setting, Miami's extremely talented.

I've never said that Kobe did it alone. He had help, but not to the degree that LeBron does. But I don't expect someone who thought Miami had no chance after one game and picks the Niners to go 1-15 every year to grasp that there's somewhere in between "all" and "nothing".

BTW, I forgot about the 96-98 Bulls. They're probably the last team that had two legit superstars, an all-star caliber #3, and solid role players at the other spots.

I don't understand why virtually every basketball thread circles back to the Lakers and/or Kobe. I'm not the person that brings this up. If I mention that the basketball discussion here has been unenjoyable this year...it's because I'm upset that the Lakers lost? If I respond to a line of discussion about the talent that LeBron has around him in Miami...I end up talking about the Lakers? I'm happy to know that the Lakers and/or Kobe are so far into the heads of those that dislike them that they're the standard by which every discussion is compared to, but it's definitely spam.

If you or others think that Gasol, Odom & good role players is equivalent to what LeBron has around him in Miami, that's your prerogative. I think it's absurd. Wade's a bonafide superstar, Bosh is a perennial all-star (who's style and production are on par with Gasol...except he's the third guy on the team instead of #2), Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem are both healthy and have been productive, high-minute role players throughout their careers, Joel Anthony is one of the 5 best defensive centers in the game, and Mario Chalmers is one of the better PG defenders as well. Considering that only 7-8 guys get minutes in a playoff setting, Miami's extremely talented.

I've never said that Kobe did it alone. He had help, but not to the degree that LeBron does. But I don't expect someone who thought Miami had no chance after one game and picks the Niners to go 1-15 every year to grasp that there's somewhere in between "all" and "nothing".

BTW, I forgot about the 96-98 Bulls. They're probably the last team that had two legit superstars, an all-star caliber #3, and solid role players at the other spots.

It's that you make the statement of having three super talented players as a fan of a team full of the best player in the league and the biggest front court in the league. I also can't understand how Ron Artest, a guy who helped a crap Kings team into the playoffs and nearly single handedly got the Rockets into the Semis all of a sudden sucks as a player now. It turns back to the Lakers because your team is very similar to what you say mIA is but in a different way. Lakers were considered one of the most talented teams prior to the season.

Either way, Lebron in MIA or Lebron in cleveland doesn't matter. He had crap in CLE and went to the Finals and lost. When Kobe or any other player does not have enough cohesive talent, they also lose a Finals.