Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
use to hate him, now i like him.
kobe's reign is now over. its now the lebron show
Agree.
There are 520 users in the forums
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
use to hate him, now i like him.
kobe's reign is now over. its now the lebron show
Originally posted by Muggins879:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Muggins879:
Do not like the guy. And, yes, it's because he left his home town team hanging.
He wasn't "free" to be a free agent? He had to stay there?...
He left them HANGING.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Muggins879:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Muggins879:
Do not like the guy. And, yes, it's because he left his home town team hanging.
He wasn't "free" to be a free agent? He had to stay there?...
He left them HANGING.
How did he do that?...
Originally posted by Muggins879:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Muggins879:Originally posted by SanDiego49er:Originally posted by Muggins879:
Do not like the guy. And, yes, it's because he left his home town team hanging.
He wasn't "free" to be a free agent? He had to stay there?...
He left them HANGING.
How did he do that?...
I'm not going to argue with you man. Play dumb all day long if you want.
Originally posted by 9erReign:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by Jigga:
Like him.
Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.
Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.
Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.
I also think he wussed out by joining forces with Wade & Bosh.
You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by 9erReign:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by Jigga:
Like him.
Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.
Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.
Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.
I also think he wussed out by joining forces with Wade & Bosh.
You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.
Give me an example of an argument against LeBron that I spend hours defending against Kobe.
And yes, LeBron is better than Kobe at this point. So is Dwight Howard and arguably Durant, Wade, & Rose.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by 9erReign:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by Jigga:
Like him.
Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.
Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.
Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.
I also think he wussed out by joining forces with Wade & Bosh.
You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.
Give me an example of an argument against LeBron that I spend hours defending against Kobe.
And yes, LeBron is better than Kobe at this point. So is Dwight Howard and arguably Durant, Wade, & Rose.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by 9erReign:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by Jigga:
Like him.
Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.
Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.
Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.
I also think he wussed out by joining forces with Wade & Bosh.
You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.
Give me an example of an argument against LeBron that I spend hours defending against Kobe.
And yes, LeBron is better than Kobe at this point. So is Dwight Howard and arguably Durant, Wade, & Rose.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.
Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
The whole LeBron not being huge in the 4th (even though he is) and minimizing the fact that he switches onto Derrick Rose at the end of the game. Reminds me a lot of Kobe shutting down Chris Paul but nobody giving him credit for that. There are lots of others.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.
Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.
Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.
Originally posted by drake49er:Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.
Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.
I find it funny when people critize Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Isn't winning the Championship the ultimate goal for anyone? It's like you guys expect each one to go to the worst team in the NBA to take the longest and hardest path to a Championship. Wanting a championship doesn't mean anything b/c everyone wants one...Winning a championship means everything.
Ask Karl Malone how it feels to never win a Championship....Barkely is just jealous b/c he has never won one.