Lebron James Approval Rating

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
use to hate him, now i like him.

kobe's reign is now over. its now the lebron show

Agree.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Do not like the guy. And, yes, it's because he left his home town team hanging.

He wasn't "free" to be a free agent? He had to stay there?...

He left them HANGING.

How did he do that?...

He left them HANGING.

How did he do that?...

I'm not going to argue with you man. Play dumb all day long if you want.

He left them HANGING.

How did he do that?...

I'm not going to argue with you man. Play dumb all day long if you want.

Explain how you mean? What did he owe them? He was a "free agent." That means FREE. That means he can go wherever the hell he wants and do whatever the hell he wants. He doesn't owe anybody anything. He wasn't put on the earth to please others. He is here to do what is right for his family and himself. I don't feel he needs to apologize for that.

If Cleveland was unprepared for him leaving then they didn't plan very well as a professional organization. When somebody comes up as a FA you better plan on them staying or going and having plans for both. If you just have plans one way and then cry like little kids when it doesn't work out then you aren't a real professional organization. It doesn't surprise me though. Look at their record without him and how they ended up. Obviously they aren't well run. And he was right to leave.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 25, 2011 at 6:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Jigga:
Like him.

Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.

Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.

Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.

I also think he wussed out by joining forces with Wade & Bosh.

You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.

Give me an example of an argument against LeBron that I spend hours defending against Kobe.

And yes, LeBron is better than Kobe at this point. So is Dwight Howard and arguably Durant, Wade, & Rose.
Like him.

Although the "Decision" was a bit tasteless, the silver lining is that its sponsporship revenue brought in approx $2M for the Boys and Girls' Club of America. Nobody really brings that up. Not to mention the fact that a majority of us watched it LIVE in anticipation of what he was going to say. A good percentage of us wanted to see him out of a Cavs uni anyway. Sucks for Cleveland fan...not for me.

Let's stop for a minute and take into account that Lebron James is arguably the most coddled, most publicized, most anointed High School athlete of our lifetime. You know what that means, right? Yup...Dude has had people wiping his a$$ during and after infancy. Signed a $100M contract with Nike before he even played an NBA game. There's reason as to why he can be douche-like...some of it is warranted IMO. Let's not kid ourselves. Some of sports' biggest figures were NOT humble human beings.

Yeah, spot on. I mean, MJ is a gigantic a-hole and he might be the most beloved athlete in history. Our very own Jerry Rice isn't Citizen of the Year either. I don't get all of the hate that LeBron gets in this respect. I "sports hate" him because he's both a rival and I think he's overrated as a player. But as a person, I don't really have an opinion. I don't know the guy.

You hate him because he is better than Kobe. It is hilarious, you use the exact same arguments against LeBron that you spend hours defending against Kobe.

Give me an example of an argument against LeBron that I spend hours defending against Kobe.

And yes, LeBron is better than Kobe at this point. So is Dwight Howard and arguably Durant, Wade, & Rose.

I agree with those.
Like him.

The whole LeBron not being huge in the 4th (even though he is) and minimizing the fact that he switches onto Derrick Rose at the end of the game. Reminds me a lot of Kobe shutting down Chris Paul but nobody giving him credit for that. There are lots of others.
Like him.

I love watching Lebron play, but im far from his biggest fan. And yeah it was kind of a wuss move to team up with Wade and Bosh, but odds are he is in quite a few Finals and I bet they win a lot of those.
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.

Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I'll never see him the way I see Jordan or even Kobe for that matter. I agree with Barkely. Being a ring whore at 26 is just pathetic.

Going forward this is the new NBA. Paul will join up with Melo and Stoudamire. Howard will be a Laker. It's going to be stars colluding to the easiest path.

Agree with Paul going to New York. I think the Bulls will add someone who can take the pressure off Rose to score, maybe trade for Monta Ellis?

The East is gonna be a 3 horse race between Miami, Chicago and New York for the foreseeable future
The whole LeBron not being huge in the 4th (even though he is) and minimizing the fact that he switches onto Derrick Rose at the end of the game. Reminds me a lot of Kobe shutting down Chris Paul but nobody giving him credit for that. There are lots of others.

LeBron hasn't been huge in 4th quarters. He's dominated the ball and his team has been pedestrian on the offensive end as a result. Miami's no more productive offensively than Cleveland was, despite having two of the best offensive players in the game alongside James. It's not a coincidence...it's how LeBron plays. He dribbles and dribbles and chews up large portions of the shot clock, and Miami doesn't get a lot in the way of good looks as a result.

Miami's defense is what's winning this series, especially in the 4th quarters where Chicago's scoring less than 16ppg. LeBron definitely contributes to that end of the floor, but it's been a tremendous group effort.

And there's a difference between Kobe guarding a guy like Paul, Westbrook or Rondo for an entire game, and LeBron guarding Rose (who's sucking against everyone that's guarding him) for a few possessions at the end of games. C'mon, Reign.

I find it funny when people critize Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Isn't winning the Championship the ultimate goal for anyone? It's like you guys expect each one to go to the worst team in the NBA to take the longest and hardest path to a Championship. Wanting a championship doesn't mean anything b/c everyone wants one...Winning a championship means everything.

Ask Karl Malone how it feels to never win a Championship....Barkely is just jealous b/c he has never won one.
Love him dude. He's a f**king stud.

So what if he had an hour long decision. I'm sure it was really pushed on him by agents and the media.

I hope he wins a title this year just because.

Oh and no one will ever be like Jordan. Kobe is a great player but I think you are giving him too much credit. He has some of the best supporting cast in the NBA.
Originally posted by drake49er:

I find it funny when people critize Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Isn't winning the Championship the ultimate goal for anyone? It's like you guys expect each one to go to the worst team in the NBA to take the longest and hardest path to a Championship. Wanting a championship doesn't mean anything b/c everyone wants one...Winning a championship means everything.

Ask Karl Malone how it feels to never win a Championship....Barkely is just jealous b/c he has never won one.

Karl Malone and Barkley lost to the best player who ever played the game. At least they can say they aren't little b*tches who had to collude and form a super trio in their primes to get the job done.

I agree with you the goal is to win titles, but your goal shouldn't be take the easiest path either. That's exactly what Lebron did. I can't lead a team on my own so I'll team up with two other 10 guys to get the job done. Pretty much all of the stars of the 80's said the same thing. They wanted to beat the best not play with them to make it easy.