There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

Originally posted by susweel:
He apologized and he'll get fined and suspended, its time to move on. Also JJ the midget is fine nobody got hurt.

People need to stop making a big deal of it, this kind of stuff happens all the time in sports.

wow. so just like Bynum who initially after the game didn't care to apologize and now you're not only calling jj a midget who is fine and nobody got hurt but you're passing it off as it's all good. i would like you to listen to you're own teams higher ups regarding their thoughts before making such bush league and ignorant statements. sport fans like yourself which gives me the satisfaction that your team not only lost but went out like b!tches.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Bynum suspended 5 games next season

Sounds about right.

I'd say 10. Somebody could get seriously hurt on that play.

Yeah, almost as hurt as everybody's feelings about the play.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
He apologized and he'll get fined and suspended, its time to move on. Also JJ the midget is fine nobody got hurt.

People need to stop making a big deal of it, this kind of stuff happens all the time in sports.

wow. so just like Bynum who initially after the game didn't care to apologize and now you're not only calling jj a midget who is fine and nobody got hurt but you're passing it off as it's all good. i would like you to listen to you're own teams higher ups regarding their thoughts before making such bush league and ignorant statements. sport fans like yourself which gives me the satisfaction that your team not only lost but went out like b!tches.

Well JJ does look like midget compared to the other players. Bynum will get what he deserves, whats the point of rehashing it over and over. You cant go back in time.

Sounds about right.

got away easy if you ask me. this is like the 3rd-4th time he has gone that route. but according to susweel "the midget didn't get hurt and sh!t like that happens in sports all the time" therefore the penalty is sufficient

Sounds about right.

Somebody could get seriously injured playing sports?!?

Well JJ does look like midget compared to the other players. Bynum will get what he deserves, whats the point of rehashing it over and over. You cant go back in time.

ok this statement i live with. the proper term would be "little person"

ok this statement i live with. the proper term would be "little person"

Okay sorry Negro, excuse my ignorance on how to properly address "little people".
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Sounds about right.

Somebody could get seriously injured playing sports?!?

When they are up in the air and defensless and somebody 7'0" 290 lbs. throws a hard elbow totally not going for the ball at all but trying to hurt the person then they could get hurt. Bynum's pay will hurt. Becuase it will come out on the suspension.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Guy takes a cheap shot on a guy who is a foot shorter, 100 pounds lighter and defenseless, that is pretty much up there will drowning kittens. Considering it isn't his first offense he should get a long suspension. Utterly pathetic behavior.
Originally posted by BobS:

Guy takes a cheap shot on a guy who is a foot shorter, 100 pounds lighter and defenseless, that is pretty much up there will drowning kittens. Considering it isn't his first offense he should get a long suspension. Utterly pathetic behavior.

He got 5 games and fined 25k.

Next step: mass murderer?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Getting back on track.

From Bynum's exit interview:
"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

Not only is he a classless thug he is also an idiot. Won't happen again my ass. Beasley, JJ, who is next?

He got Gerald Wallace before both of them in '09.

And my what wusses we have become.

LOL. Really? A 7 foot 280 pound guy completely decking an airborne defenseless 5 foot nothing guy with no attempt at the ball? Trying to hurt someone is pretty messed up man. He could have easily broke something on that fall. But yeah, what a bunch of wusses. Had JJ been a Laker and Bynum a King maybe it would have been different.

FTFY.
I love the fact that Laker fans are actually doing "damage control" for once...I've been doing that sh** for 30+ years. Stings a lil, yes?

[ Edited by Jigga on May 10, 2011 at 16:16:05 ]
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Getting back on track.

From Bynum's exit interview:
"My actions ... don't represent me, my upbringing, this franchise or any of the Laker fans out there that want to watch us and want us to succeed," Bynum said. "Furthermore, and more importantly, I want to actually apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I'm just glad that he wasn't seriously injured in the event and all I can say is, I've looked at [the replay], it's terrible and it definitely won't be happening again."

Not only is he a classless thug he is also an idiot. Won't happen again my ass. Beasley, JJ, who is next?

He got Gerald Wallace before both of them in '09.

And my what wusses we have become.

LOL. Really? A 7 foot 280 pound guy completely decking an airborne defenseless 5 foot nothing guy with no attempt at the ball? Trying to hurt someone is pretty messed up man. He could have easily broke something on that fall. But yeah, what a bunch of wusses. Had JJ been a Laker and Bynum a King maybe it would have been different.

FTFY.

How long has he been a Laker? His first year with them, nah. Decking Fisher? Sure.

Exhibit A.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com