There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2: Lakers 0 vs. Mavs 4

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Someone please talk me out of a lengthy rebuttal to several things on the last few pages.

Nothing you say will change anyone's mind.

None of those people would have posted a WORD had the Lakers won.

Be confident in your opinions and knowledge of the sport generally and Lakers specifically.

These are not the droids that you are looking for.

Move along.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Someone please talk me out of a lengthy rebuttal to several things on the last few pages.

Nothing you say will change anyone's mind.

None of those people would have posted a WORD had the Lakers won.

Be confident in your opinions and knowledge of the sport generally and Lakers specifically.

These are not the droids that you are looking for.

Move along.

BUT... BUT.....

IT WORKED ON MADDEN!

wait! wrong thread.

Originally posted by susweel:

Just let it go, they just jealous.

Jealous of getting swept in the playoffs?
I want the popcorn experience!
Originally posted by dobo:
If Dallas wins it all, Dirk's performance will rank right up there with Hakeem in 1994 and Duncan in 2003. Big "if" of course.

No matter what, Dirk has been spectacular.

Originally posted by valrod33:
No rebutting that
If Dallas wins it all, Dirk's performance will rank right up there with Hakeem in 1994 and Duncan in 2003. Big "if" of course.

Originally posted by valrod33:
No rebutting that

Hakeem was better in 95 if you ask me, saying a lot cause he was great in 94 too.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

Originally posted by 9erReign:

No, the SIXTEEN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Not worth it bro. Sometimes haters are gonna hate and it's best to just ignore them. You can take solace in the fact the that the Lakers have been so good for so many years that we've attracted all these guys who live to hate the Lakers. I mean, they post more in Lakers threads than they do for their own team. Pathetic if you ask me, but haters gonna hate.

Go ahead, try to rebut what I said. I make everything better just by sharing Jordan's last name.

Dirk's been great, but he only impacts the game in one way. Hakeem & Duncan controlled the whole game. I don't think it's the same thing.

Dirk's been great, but he only impacts the game in one way. Hakeem & Duncan controlled the whole game. I don't think it's the same thing.

I get that, but I'm having the damnedest time trying to account for the Mavericks' success so far. But yeah, it's only been two rounds.

You watched this series more closely than me. What do you make of Dirk's defense on Pau? Was it just Pau being a b***h, or was Dirk actually doing a good job? The easy answer is a "a bit of both" but I know it was probably more one than the other.

I get that, but I'm having the damnedest time trying to account for the Mavericks' success so far. But yeah, it's only been two rounds.

You watched this series more closely than me. What do you make of Dirk's defense on Pau? Was it just Pau being a b***h, or was Dirk actually doing a good job? The easy answer is a "a bit of both" but I know it was probably more one than the other.

It was Dirk. Dude was unguardable, regardless if it was pau, bynum, odom or artest on him...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lakers27:

It was Dirk. Dude was unguardable, regardless if it was pau, bynum, odom or artest on him...

He was very motivated and hitting 15-25 foot jumpers like most guys hit from two feet, he was in a zone. It didn't matter who guarded him or how well, he was on fire. In that last game anyone with a Maverick jersey on was a sharp shooter. I didn't think the hot shooting would last, but they lit it up for 48 minutes. I never saw a team have that high of a shooting percentage shooting medium range to long jumpers.

It was almost entirely Pau. That's not a knock on Dirk, but Pau didn't even give Dirk many chances to play good defense. He didn't try at all to establish post position, and most of his catches were 13-15 feet away from the basket. I can barely remember Pau getting the ball in the post at all...because he wasn't even there. It was the same thing against the Hornets in the 1st Round.

His defense was equally bad. I've seen some good players drop some turds in the playoffs, but I've never seen someone with his ability give such little effort and be so discombobulated. I mean, when have you ever seen Phil Jackson light into a guy the way he lit into Pau?

It's hard for me to get a read on Dallas because the Lakers completely crapped themselves.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com