There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Round 2: Lakers 0 vs. Mavs 4

If Dallas wins it all, Dirk's performance will rank right up there with Hakeem in 1994 and Duncan in 2003. Big "if" of course.

No matter what, Dirk has been spectacular.
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
hate to say it.. mavs have no chance

I agree, Memphis will prolly beat them. Memphis is playing great defense and would create match-up problems for mavericks. mavericks also have a lot of time off, which hurts them, here is why: They are hot right now, you want to keep playing. They will not get wide open jump shots in the next series.

memphis will prolly beat em? are you on crack my friend? nobody on that team can guard dirk, and their only scorers are randolph gasol and mayo...we have dirk terry kidd peja marion and barea scoring,nthey cant match us buddy

Memphis won 3 out of 4 vs. mavs this year, Memphis is going to play hard and not quit like Lakers did. You see what they did to Spurs and doing to Thunder right now

Memphis will shut down the 3-pointer but Dallas has one thing the Spurs don't and that's the Dirk factor. Whichever one of their bigs must come out on Dirk will result in less rebound opportunities for Memphis. Don't over look Tyson Chandler. He can handle either one of the Memphis bigs.

Dallas has too many weapons on offense along with some solid interior defense.

I agree, Memphis will prolly beat them. Memphis is playing great defense and would create match-up problems for mavericks. mavericks also have a lot of time off, which hurts them, here is why: They are hot right now, you want to keep playing. They will not get wide open jump shots in the next series.

memphis will prolly beat em? are you on crack my friend? nobody on that team can guard dirk, and their only scorers are randolph gasol and mayo...we have dirk terry kidd peja marion and barea scoring,nthey cant match us buddy

lol, sucks this convo is going on in a thread the lakers are involved in so i have to read it. Barea scorer? i wouldnt even call marion much of a scorer anymore. These are role players, who got WIDE OPEN SHOTS against a horrible laker defense. Once a team w legs and will come out and play defense, your stable of 60% shooters you had in the series against the lakers will seriously dwindle.

lets see terry hit more than 5 3's in any game next series when he has a hand in his face.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

lol, sucks this convo is going on in a thread the lakers are involved in so i have to read it. Barea scorer? i wouldnt even call marion much of a scorer anymore. These are role players, who got WIDE OPEN SHOTS against a horrible laker defense. Once a team w legs and will come out and play defense, your stable of 60% shooters you had in the series against the lakers will seriously dwindle.

lets see terry hit more than 5 3's in any game next series when he has a hand in his face.

Don't forget that Portland is a fairly strong team. I think if Dallas can handle Portland then it can handle Memphis.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Memphis won 3 out of 4 vs. mavs this year, Memphis is going to play hard and not quit like Lakers did. You see what they did to Spurs and doing to Thunder right now

Memphis will shut down the 3-pointer but Dallas has one thing the Spurs don't and that's the Dirk factor. Whichever one of their bigs must come out on Dirk will result in less rebound opportunities for Memphis. Don't over look Tyson Chandler. He can handle either one of the Memphis bigs.

Dallas has too many weapons on offense along with some solid interior defense.

all jump shooters though. Terry can put the ball on the floor okay. Mike Conley Jr. provides a mismatch for them, he is quick and will be able to get by Kidd. It should be a good series.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The Memphis-Dallas series should be interesting. I think the relentless energy of Memphis will give the aged Mavericks trouble. Zach Randolph has been as huge in these play-offs as Nowitzski. As a Piston fan and a Laker hater I now might as well keep pulling for the Mavericks. I cannot stand Lebron James, the Celitics are too old, Chicago has enough trophies, and Memphis will have many more chances, so I think I will pull for Dirk to get a ring.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Jordan made everybody in the car better passengers

Too bad he can't make everybody in this thread better posters.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

He'd have to post here before that could happen.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

lol, ouch.
Forget Kobe vs Jordan because I'm sure we can all agree that if one IS greater than the other, the other isn't very far behind.

I don't think anyone is arguing that Kobe is as good more-so than that Kobe isn't very far behind.

What about Phil Jackson? Is he over rated? I personally think his coaching ability isn't what corals the big egos. I think the fact that he has Michael Jordan as a reference is what allows him to coral big egos no different than David Robinson's and Tim Duncan's personalities is what allows Pop to get "selfish" players to be unshelfish when they play for the Spurs or players who are not fundamentally sound, wanting to be when they get to the Spurs.
Someone please talk me out of a lengthy rebuttal to several things on the last few pages.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Someone please talk me out of a lengthy rebuttal to several things on the last few pages.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kobe is known to snitch, just ask Shaq

No rebutting that

Just let it go, they just jealous.

Well you see, what had happened was uhhhh yeah yeah that's it. Yeah that right there. Nah mean?!?!
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com