There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2011 NBA Draft Thread

Great story I heard yesterday that pretty much sums up how I feel about the draft.

Before the 1984 Draft, Bobby Knight called up the Portland Trailblazers GM (who was a friend of his) and the following conversation ensued.

Knight: "I had this Michael Jordan kid when I was coaching Team USA, and he's the real deal. You should draft him."

Blazers GM: "I drafted Clyde Drexler last year, I need a Center."

Knight: (irritated) "THEN DRAFT MICHAEL JORDAN AND PLAY HIM AT CENTER!"
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Great story I heard yesterday that pretty much sums up how I feel about the draft.

Before the 1984 Draft, Bobby Knight called up the Portland Trailblazers GM (who was a friend of his) and the following conversation ensued.

Knight: "I had this Michael Jordan kid when I was coaching Team USA, and he's the real deal. You should draft him."

Blazers GM: "I drafted Clyde Drexler last year, I need a Center."

Knight: (irritated) "THEN DRAFT MICHAEL JORDAN AND PLAY HIM AT CENTER!"

lol, nice
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Great story I heard yesterday that pretty much sums up how I feel about the draft.

Before the 1984 Draft, Bobby Knight called up the Portland Trailblazers GM (who was a friend of his) and the following conversation ensued.

Knight: "I had this Michael Jordan kid when I was coaching Team USA, and he's the real deal. You should draft him."

Blazers GM: "I drafted Clyde Drexler last year, I need a Center."

Knight: (irritated) "THEN DRAFT MICHAEL JORDAN AND PLAY HIM AT CENTER!"

I love it.
Clyde and Jordan playing together would've been amazing. If they go on to draft Porter in the '85 draft, you're talking the best backcourt in NBA history.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,751
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Clyde and Jordan playing together would've been amazing. If they go on to draft Porter in the '85 draft, you're talking the best backcourt in NBA history.

Clyde at SF and MJ at SG would have been sickening...........would have brought Fi slamma jamma to the NBA
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Clyde and Jordan playing together would've been amazing. If they go on to draft Porter in the '85 draft, you're talking the best backcourt in NBA history.

I'm gonna make this happen on NBA 2K11 when I get home...
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,751
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two

Originally posted by jimrat201:
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two


LOL
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two


LOL

LOL...when you are too lazy to search for the smiley icon.

Originally posted by jimrat201:
It’s hard for a 57th overall pick to make headlines less than 24 hours after being drafted, but Timberwolves draft pick Tanguay Ngombo has managed to do that for all the wrong reasons. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express made the discovery:
As it turns out, the 21-year old Ngombo is actually 26, and will turn 27 in July. Ngombo was a long shot to ever play in the NBA anyways, but now the forward from Qatar’s NBA prospects are essentially officially done; in fact, according to the NBA rules, he was ineligible to be drafted. Somewhere, the undrafted Ben Hansborough and David Lighty must be fairly amused. Or angry. One of the two


That was valrod's favorite player drafted by his team!
lol, timberwolves
Oh noes a 2nd round international player who probably wasnt gonna make it to the NBA anyway now cant join my team

awwww shucks
Originally posted by valrod33:
Oh noes a 2nd round international player who probably wasnt gonna make it to the NBA anyway now cant join my team

awwww shucks

Who knows, a 2nd rounder could probably make the T-Wolves roster.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Oh noes a 2nd round international player who probably wasnt gonna make it to the NBA anyway now cant join my team

awwww shucks

Who knows, a 2nd rounder could probably make the T-Wolves roster.

ouch...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Oh noes a 2nd round international player who probably wasnt gonna make it to the NBA anyway now cant join my team

awwww shucks

Who knows, a 2nd rounder could probably make the T-Wolves roster.

thats retarded, of course a 2nd round player can make the team