LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 301 users in the forums

2011 Oakland A's Thread

Originally posted by Jigga:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
congrats fellurs.. good series.. gigantes offense is atrocious right now

Losing Posey sucked. But Losing Posey AND Freddy Sanchez...ouch. Hard to manufacture runs when your 2 best contact hitters aren't in the lineup.

On the flip side, Jemile Weeks is arguably our best player already. I hope that his hot hitting continues.

Yeah I like the boost that Sizemore and Weeks have given us... they may have been the hitting we needed to really be that contending team in the AL West. Hopefully willingham is OK and this achilles thing is not that bad.
A link as to how things have been shaping up in Sacramento this season...

River Cats stats
Watching Weeks play was a pleasure. You guys got yourself a potential star. We'll trade you Miggy back for Weeks
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Watching Weeks play was a pleasure. You guys got yourself a potential star. We'll trade you Miggy back for Weeks

We're loving it, bro. Let's hope that he can do these things consistently. It's turning out to be an exciting brand of baseball. Melvin isn't holding him back either. He turns him loose on every possible occassion.

Weeks is definitely steering through the natural nervousness of a rookie call-up, but I like the confidence that he's displayed out there so far. With he and Coco at the top of the lineup, we have as much speed as anyone. Just need a consistent bat in the 3-hole.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

We're loving it, bro. Let's hope that he can do these things consistently. It's turning out to be an exciting brand of baseball. Melvin isn't holding him back either. He turns him loose on every possible occassion.

Weeks is definitely steering through the natural nervousness of a rookie call-up, but I like the confidence that he's displayed out there so far. With he and Coco at the top of the lineup, we have as much speed as anyone. Just need a consistent bat in the 3-hole.

One thing that impresses me about Weeks is that even though he only has one walk so far, he's showing a really good approach at the plate, and you can tell he's going up there with the intention to hit. He has a good eye and wont expand the zone too much, but if he sees a pitch that's in the zone that he can handle he's not afraid to swing the bat. Barton, for example, also has a really good eye, but it looks like he just goes up there looking to take a walk and wont swing unless the pitch is just perfect, kinda like Cust as well.

One thing he really needs to work on though is his base running. The guy has got to stop sliding head first everywhere and needs to play way more in control or else he's going to get himself hurt. Hopefully Ricky can help him with that because he definitely has the speed to be a terror on the basepaths for opposing teams.

River Cats stats

I'd like to see the A's call up Recker and demote Barton and give him a shot at 1B until Carter proves he's ready. The guy is wrecking (pun intended) AAA pitching and he could be nothing more than a quadruple-A hitter, but he could be more than that and we wont know until we give him a shot.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

River Cats stats

I'd like to see the A's call up Recker and demote Barton and give him a shot at 1B until Carter proves he's ready. The guy is wrecking (pun intended) AAA pitching and he could be nothing more than a quadruple-A hitter, but he could be more than that and we wont know until we give him a shot.

I agree.

I got a chance to watch OF Jai Miller play while I was up there last Saturday. He's handling AAA pitching fairly easily as well. Another AAAA guy that might deserve a shot. I'm not sure if Kouzmanoff even gets back up to the bigs (with the A's) this season (sans injury).

River Cats stats

I agree.

I got a chance to watch OF Jai Miller play while I was up there last Saturday. He's handling AAA pitching fairly easily as well. Another AAAA guy that might deserve a shot. I'm not sure if Kouzmanoff even gets back up to the bigs (with the A's) this season (sans injury).

That guy makes Chris Carter look like a contact hitter lol.

75 K's in 50 games played. Jeez.

River Cats stats

I agree.

That guy makes Chris Carter look like a contact hitter lol.

75 K's in 50 games played. Jeez.

Yeah, he's batting cleanup for them (for some reason). The dude's OPS is pretty high for a guy that strikes out that much. Weird.
Quote:
Rich Harden threw three scoreless innings in his first rehab start for Triple-A Sacramento on Monday. He didn't allow a hit, struck out six and walked one in a 3-2 win over Fresno. In the same game, second baseman Mark Ellis went 2 for 4 with a double and RBI. Ellis is eligible to come off the disabled list Wednesday.

6 in a row! Don't stop now boys!
Barton sent down to triple A
I like your guy's yellow jerseys.

And Gio is straight dealin' right now, struck out the side, 2 looking!
LMFAO great loss Oakland... What a disgrace...
Share 49ersWebzone